Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Planning for Day 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:35 pm 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I wrote a quick python script to search each user in the spreadsheet and count the number of posts that they've made. The people who have made the most posts are the ones that are most active and likely have the most experience (and therefore good kill/conscript targets).

Another thing to consider is that as far as I know, we don't have anyone who lives at ET in our team, so we may want to conscript with that in mind.

Post subject: Re: Planning for Day 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 pm 
The top 10 in the list are Daniel Grazian, lilychen, ksedlar, isaacg, Josh Frisch, abergal, Lucy, anpere, ltchin, AdamYedidia.

Here's info from the intro sheet for how to kill them.
Daniel Grazian - intercept him before work. This would best be done with someone he doesn't know, so that he won't immediately be suspicious of a player being there. He works at 1 Main Street (Oracle in Kendall) so it would also be a lot easier for someone living in EC. That said, this potentially involves a lot of waiting in the cold. I don't know what path he takes to work, but maybe you could sit in the Chipotle and watch to see if he's coming? He's also a solid conscription target.
lilychen - possibly use Scheme to kill her with dgrazian, since they're dating and probably can be found together. She's taking 6.037 (TR 7-9p in 32-044), Figure Skating (TR 1p in Johnson rink), and 15s.51 (MWF 2-4p in E62-250) so those are good times to try to attempt a kill (I don't know if any other mafia players are in those classes)
ksedlar - she hangs out in various places in Random a lot of the time and she's taking UPOP (although, other mafia players are taking that too). The easy way to kill her is probably to have a randomite bang her sometime, but it may be better to have a non-randomite kill her because they're less likely to kill her. She's also a solid conscription target, especially if she gets elected.
isaacg - he's taking Battlecode starting at 7pm. Intercept him on the way there or back would be ideal. Otherwise, he can probably be found in Random and killed.
Josh Frisch - ice skating from 2:30 to 3:30 in Johnson. Otherwise, can definitely be found in Random and killed.
abergal - taking 6.179 which has lectures TR3 and lab sections MW8-10. Also can be found in Random/EC for kills?
Lucy - I haven't seen her in 10-250, but she should be able to be killed in W20 10-11am or at battlecode in 1-190. She lives at ET, which makes her a good conscription target as well.
anpere - ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
ltchin - She's taking UPOP as well, but can usually be found at Random easily.
AdamYedidia - lives at ET, so it's relatively hard to kill him. His intro is pretty sparce, so I don't know.

I think it's pretty important that if someone is going to try to make a hit at some time, that other people have reasonable alibis that can easily be confirmed by another player (especially other townies). If that's not possible, at least make sure that you can get a few NPs to vouch for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 pm 
I'm interning at Vecna, and I want to leave a good impression on them, so I don't know how much energy I can put into this.
But morning kills, before 9am are fair game for me. Night kills, fair game. Maybe a quick kill in the afternoon during my lunch break.
Also it would be super convenient if we could set up a google hangout session (and invite the gods because they love listening to use plot).
Hangouts is great because it's super accessible and I always have it open.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:33 pm 
I'm in figure skating! I can easily kill lilychen. BUT it'll be easy to blame it on me, because I put I had that class. Of course, I can wait for her outside before, and say that she came after me.

Also, lilychen just pm'd me saying that she and other players are suspicious of ksedlar and isaacg for their posts, so I think we should let them be for now. They might be lynched.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:43 pm 
what are all your gmails... let's create a hangout.
mine is andres15perez

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:54 pm 
Mine is the same as my username.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:12 pm 
shikexue2 at gmail dot com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:11 pm 
For today, I will be unavailable (doing stuff for 6.470 and then there's a game with the Assassin's Guild) until 9. However, there are two other mafia players also playing the game, AdamYedidia and Sam Duchovni. This might be a good time to try to make a kill on either of the two, if someone else wants to come to 34-3 and wait for an opportunity to catch one of the two sometime between 6-9. I can try to lure one of the two away so that someone can make a kill on the other one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:27 pm 
Good idea.
I think this should be a new player, they are generally low radar, you could even not post an alibi and town may not notice.
Also be careful with luring people out, that may make you look suspicious.
This kill is a bit too risky if nobody else knows you three are there. If this isn't public information you can safely say
there was a mafia in the group, and town may lynch both of you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:04 pm 
Although there are are a few people playing Mafia involved in Guild, I don't know how many other people know the time the guild game runs, so it might well be too risky.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:19 pm 
I think you should see if it's possible while there, but do think it's a good opportunity. But I'd say not to kill Duchovni just yet because people are suspecting him for being mayor.

Also, if we're looking to kill a relatively new player, I can easily get jakob this afternoon. I'm in a meeting with him and nobody knows I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:23 pm 
Wait, I understood wrong, sorry. We don't want to kill new players. We want new players to kill. I would but have practice from 7 to 10 in sidpac :/ And I do agree with anpere that it's too risky.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 pm 
Kill Jakob if you can, while he's a new player he seems very good at this game and could be dangerous.
Though he is an unlikely conscript so he could be a good target. I have high hopes of him being a good mafia
and people wouldn't suspect conscripting a new player. We would just have to kill off all the good players. And they
would get lynched eventually because of town paranoia.
He also seems the type willing to go out of his way to make kills, I'm not sure I'll be able to give that ability to the mafia.
Also, does he look hosed this IAP, we might want to read his intro.
What do you think about conscripting jacob?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:41 pm 
I would not recommend killing a new player.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:43 pm 
Yeah, I'm thinking of conscription instead of killing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:47 pm 
I prefer that we conscript experienced players than new ones

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:02 pm 
Sorry guys, meeting is over. I have another one next Sunday if we're still up for the idea. Are we killing anyone tonight? God, what happens if we don't make a kill?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:13 pm 
We lose if two days in a row, there are no kills.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:17 pm 
The guild game is happening now in 34-3. The game space is very small so I don't know how easily a kill can be made. If someone wants to come and try, I can do my best to lure one of the players off while the other one hopefully gets killed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:44 pm 
I'd rather not make the risky kill...
Tomorrow let's kill an EC player. There are plenty of 5w people who would be easy to kill off though they are new.
I'm not worried about missing one day of killing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 pm 
I can try to kill Daniel Grazian on his way to work or on his way back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:40 pm 
If all else fails, I think I can easily set up a kill at EC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 pm 
I'm not asking you to get caught making a kill, but please try to make kills every day. It's not only good strategy, it's necessary to keep the game interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:13 pm 
I thought I'd let you guys know that ameliek just told me she killed asjm. I haven't posted it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:19 pm 
Oh. Thanks. That was great timing lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 pm 
None of the mafia have destroyed any clues yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:31 pm 
I was about to tell mafia abergal is helping David move to EC room next to b407, but I can see that's not
neccessary. Good job!
Also let's make this a rule, if it seems like mafia is undecisive about making a kill, like we just were,
then make any luck/skill (low risk) kill if the opportunity arrives, but be sure to post to the forum, and make sure
we all know you made an attempt.
We should post our fastest means of getting info.
For me it's a text at 516-359-3210.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:42 pm 
Should we frame a town person? Soon everybody will start investigating EC people and amiliek was just mentioned being at Talbot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:56 pm 
Should we conscript abergal... she's alone at talbot!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:59 pm 
No, we should save the conscript for an ET person