Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:48 am 
I think correct play is for me to make another kill today and then for amelia to make the kill tomorrow which can't be investigated (Don power). I'm happy to have lilychen be a conscript, especially since she's apparently proxying an investigator.

I think good targets for me to try to hit are Daniel Grazian, ltchin, ksedlar, or dukhovni. If any of them are safe kills, then I'll probably go for them.

Post subject: Re: Day 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:49 am 
I just killed ltchin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 am 
In particular, the death occurred near the intersection of Mass Ave and Albany, on the side in front of Paradise/near Flour. It's like, a block or two away from the Stud, so it would be great if we could get some clues destroyed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:09 am 
I gotchu. I'm passing by in 50 mins. Good kill :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:18 am 
Also, if dbausher is walking from random, you should also visit the site and destroy a clue. Oh oh I'll text him to make sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:35 am 
Will do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:07 pm 
Lilly tells me apparently she had a shovel, so we can find out someone's role if needbe using it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:46 pm 
Something that crossed my mind: our team is pretty biased towards the front half of the alphabet, so we might need to push against the ABC proposal if it gains too much popularity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:18 pm 
I think enough people are in support of it and Josh is dead enough that it might make us more suspicious looking than it does anything to benefit us. Maybe we take the suggestion of abc from suspicious/bad alibi list, though that might work against us also.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:48 pm 
Lilychen is successfully conscripted :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:02 pm 
lilychen, the kill tomorrow will be made by ameliek, our don. But I think that on thursday, if everyone agrees, she should kill dgrazian. Or we could set a trap if you know his role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:12 pm 
I'm fairly confident that jessk was vigilante.
Of course there may be more than one, so let's not feel relieved.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:14 pm 
How do you know that jessk was vigilante? We should make a spreadsheet, btw... I'll make one soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:32 pm 
I asked an np who supposedly guessed her role, miles did too. When I asked the np how, he said she was talking about how excited she was about a rule change. Then she was really happy with her role. Since vigilante is a new role I figure this is a reasonable guess. I'll try to pry info out of miles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:35 pm 
Don't arouse his suspicion. It's reasonable to ask him if he knows whether she told anyone her role before she died, but best not to directly ask him what she was.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:38 pm 
I'll be careful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:29 pm 
Hey guys, I think we should set a trap on someone today. Experience holds that the limiting factor on setting a trap is the one-per-day restriction, so we should be trying to set a trap once every day (even if we don't take our free kill immediately that day).

I think we should set a trap on ksedlar being superhero (which I'm reasonably confident about), or one of the people who claimed to be investigator or some other role (I'm reasonably sure they're not an investigator).

Maybe we don't want to kill ksedlar right away (she's probably told people to suspect me if she dies in a multi-kill day), since she looks pretty sketchy already, but if a vampire check on her is imminent, we should definitely try to kill her.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm 
Also, ameliek should make tomorrow's kill (day 4), and someone other than ameliek (maybe shike?) should make thursday's kill.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:47 pm 
I think we could get ksedlar lynched with high enough suspicions. We should usurp her power before she's a threat. Do you know who s
she suspected?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:54 pm 
I don't think we want to push too hard for katie to be lynched, since she's likely to get vampire-checked and pushing too hard makes us look sketch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:01 pm 
That said, I do think we want to get her and dukhovni impeached. I don't care who becomes the new mayor or police officer after them, but it seems like it's sufficiently hard to get complete petitions that nobody becomes the new mayor or police officer?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm 
I also think that people will get a sketchy feeling if people suddenly start pushing for ksedlar's lynch. And I'd hold off to setting a trap for her until she has told someone. Maybe once she tells a vampire her role, it won't look suspicious.

I keep thinking that you should kill dgrazian, lily, because he's a very good asset to town and we don't have any role information. Besides, it'll get hard to hide your conscription from him if he has good deductive powers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:18 pm 
I really don't think I could get away with killing him...

How do people feel about setting a trap on Isaac as desperado then, if not ksedlar?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:19 pm 
I think it's up to lily when to kill him.
she knows him better than we do and will probably have an intuitive sense of when his time is up.
We want to keep players who are on the wrong track alive. Remember he just led a lynch mob against a townie, let's hope he leads another. I say we continue with skill kills
for the time being until people become urgent threats

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm 
Sounds reasonable. And do we only get 2 traps? If that's the case, shouldn't we wait to be reaaaally sure about a role? He could've lied to trick us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm 
lilychen wrote:
I really don't think I could get away with killing him...

How do people feel about setting a trap on Isaac as desperado then, if not ksedlar?

Oooo I would love to kill him. He's the first mafia who killed me, so it makes sense that he be the first townie I kill as mafia. I think I could go to et unnoticed with your help when the time comes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:37 pm 
Also morning kills are great! Everybody is asleep and has sucky alibis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:40 pm 
I agree; if ameliek can get someone at EC in the morning tomorrow it'd be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:47 pm 
Shike- you got a shovel from killing ltchin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:17 pm 
Killing dgrazian at ET is pretty risky, but let me think about it. I might be able to let you in and get you out undetected. Maybe you could wait outside the house and kill him as he's coming from the T stop. This might backfire if people think that the kill required too much coordination and thus makes me look sketchy since he'd be texting me and I'd know when he got off the T. I'll think about it some more.

My ideal scenario would be for ameliek to kill dgrazian tomorrow as her don kill. Ideally at 7, when he's leaving work. He posted when he leaves work in his intro, so it wouldn't link to me too strongly.

I still kind of want to set a trap on ksedlar tonight. It would be pretty nice to pin it on the vampires who contact her. And if the vampire test goes through, we definitely don't want her around much longer.

The question now is how strongly do we believe she's actually a superhero. She's hinted to me that she is, but I don't know how much I can trust that. She's clever enough to be faking it, but if she was actually an investigator instead, I don't know what she'd be doing with the extra investigations. Either way I'm almost certain she has investigation powers, so is either an investigator or superhero.