Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:37 pm 
There's some pretty serious beef between ksedlar and dgrazian... He texted me saying he really mistrusted her, and she seems to think the same about him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:47 pm 
I likez dis. If we kill one of them tomorrow (assuming they are both still alive) we can get the other one lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:52 pm 
Let's keep them alive and fuel this tension. I see no reason to kill dgrazian just yet, and ksedlar should simply be impeached. I say we aim to make kills that further worsen this division. We can divide and conquer town if we can get them to work against each othere

I'm not sure how though. Maybe a kill dgrazian could have possibly coordinated, so ksedlar believes he's mafia. Or the other way around. I have a feeling she trusts sam, if sam is killed at her upop, I'm sure town would believe she's mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:55 pm 
Hm, maybe we can hire a hitman to kill Sam at UPOP? It should be possible to kill him without her noticing during their networking break periods. Not sure who we could hire though...

Not sure if there's any kill that dgrazian could have plausibly coordinated. He's pretty hosed with work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:58 pm 
David Kaufman would be happy to be a hitman, he told me so himself. As well as some other people at EC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:59 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Hm, maybe we can hire a hitman to kill Sam at UPOP? It should be possible to kill him without her noticing during their networking break periods. Not sure who we could hire though...

Not sure if there's any kill that dgrazian could have plausibly coordinated. He's pretty hosed with work.

That's fine, lynching ksedlar is easier than killing her. Killing Sam gives us a two for one deal. And we'd only have to use a hitman power for this to work

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:00 pm 
Hm, if ameliek could sneak into UPOP tomorrow and kill one of them during the break, that'd be awesome. It would require a fair bit of staking out, though.

David Kaufman is also known to have snuck into UPOP (albeit last year, when he was actually in UPOP). Do you know any EC sophomores who are in UPOP right now?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm 
We only have one hitman kill, so it would be way better if ameliek could do it tomorrow and be uninvestigatable. But if not we can think about other optiosn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:04 pm 
I don't know whether we want to kill dukhovni. I think that the narrative that goes along the lines of "ksedlar is mafia and conscripted dukhovni" or vice-versa is pretty strong, and getting kills on people on Daniel Grazian's camp could do a lot to get them both lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:07 pm 
Also, since it's publicly known that ksedlar and dukhovni are in UPOP together, it seems like ksedlar making that kill would be extremely risky - I feel like town might be inclined to believe ksedlar's innocence if dukhovni dies then.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:08 pm 
I have ellena on our side...
When is sam's upop?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:10 pm 
True, but a kill is a kill. I texted ameliek and she said she'd be able to get a kill in UPOP tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:10 pm 
UPOP is between 9 and 5 in Walker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:11 pm 
At some point it will also start looking sketchy that I'm not dead... We should think about that in a day or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:14 pm 
lilychen wrote:
True, but a kill is a kill. I texted ameliek and she said she'd be able to get a kill in UPOP tomorrow.

Sounds reasonable. Do people have opinions on using Kaboom? This is primarily relevant in case they use a medkit tomorrow (since Don kills ignore microphones anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:27 pm 
I feel like she may be an active desperado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 pm 
Oh yeah, that's also possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:45 pm 
Given that she complains of a short lifespan and has investigative powers and has investigative powers I say if she's desperado, then she's active

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:57 pm 
If she was an activated desperado, she wouldn't be calling for a vampire check so strongly. She had investigative powers on day 1, so if she was an activated desperado then, she'd be dead by now.

I still think she's most likely a superhero.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:07 pm 
Ok, given her choice of Austin fathman, I think she's actually an investigator. I'll elaborate more after I get back from class (in about an hour).

I think if I'm right then we should set a trap on her tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:34 pm 
Do traps activate at day end?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 pm 
Traps have to be set before day end. They activate as soon as they are set.

Actually, upon thinking about it some more, I don't know what ksedlar is with enough confidence to set a trap on her... =(

Let's just wait and see what happens. Katie has said that she'd like to lynch dgrazian tomorrow, so maybe we just let that happen.

We may be able to set a trap on isaacg instead. What do people think?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 pm 
Best case scenario is that ksedlar doesn't get any suitable vampires, and town continues to think she's sketchy as hell and lynches her tomorrow, in which case we kill dgrazian tomorrow to fan the lynch-ksedlar flames.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 pm 
Given your experience playing with him, would he be silly enough to reveal his role with a 50/50 chance, or would he be clever and lie about it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm 
I think he genuinely believes in his vampire plan, and would be very surprised if he lied about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm 
Well, the way he pushed for the vampires I thought he was one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:44 pm 
He could also be a rogue trying to make us a favor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 pm 
So, apparently he was advocating his plan even before the game started. I'm inclined to believe him.

If he was a rogue, baiting the mafia into setting a trap on him would just be bad play. I think he'd know that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:47 pm 
I think the fact that he pushed for it before game rules out role specific reasons. I agree that it seems like he believed in the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:52 pm 
Alright. I wanted to save the set-a-trap for when we are sure of someone's role, because they publicly announce it and prove it to avoid a lynch or they want to incriminate someone. But if everyone is ok trapping isaacg I'm ok with it, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next