Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 8 scheming
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 am 
Nicely executed. Should we take advantage of the fact that Kate is still alive to get another free kill?

At this point we should also reevaluate who we want to kill. I am almost positive now that JJ is bodyguarding the real investigator, and I think part of the reason she voted for Brogan is because she can sympathize with Kate's fake "coming-out" as investigator. Regardless, we have to kill JJ first. This would force the -real- investigator to come out (if any), and most like she would come out to the Nexties first since we all have some form of trust between us. And if she just happened to be the real investigator, that's fabulous.

I know everyone's been busy hunting this weekend, but let's try to think of some next steps. Might want to spend a day not doing anything in order to make them think we're attempting to conscript?

It's now gotten to the point where we can use sheer numbers to tip a vote in our favour, since we have a voting block of 9 and there are 11 innocents still alive. I can persuade one or two to vote my way, and I'm sure some of you can do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:12 am 
If I don't get impeached, I'm going to throw a party at the end of this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am 
There's definitely enough signatures on the petition. JJ has it right now but she hasn't handed it to Alex yet (even though they finished signing 2 days ago).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:01 am 
Hmmm... That's a shame. If she dies, the petition should technically disappear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:20 am 
Should we have Kate kill her? or hitman her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 am 
(message from the grave--nothing relevant to anything I have heard, just a personal note)

Kate, I know you dislike me for many reasons, but seriously, I love you right now. Watching this game might just be a net positive for my emotional state after all. I give you my genuine gratitude, even though you probably don't want it.

Last edited by fluffy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:49 am 
Quote:
i understand that the medkit is now w/ the mad scientist who revealed himself early on in the game. ok, but HE is in less need for a medkit than ME. it's a better trade for the mafia to CONSCRIPT rather than KILL the mad scientist, since a kill means what, -2 votes on the townppl's side, but conscript would mean +2 mafias on day 7, much much better deal. allowing him to have the medkit would mean +2 mafia+1 medkit for the mafia if they conscript. also, for us, having a scientist is not as valuable as having an investigator. daniel expressed that he agrees that the investigator is more valuable, too.

therefore, i request the medkit from you. as of now, you can totally trust that i'm on the townsppl's side. I'm pm-ing you this, because although i don't hink you are a good mayor, i still believe you are on the townsppl's side.

please, YOU know why it's highly likely that we virtually only have ONE investigator on our side. you don't want to lose her.

reply and set up a time and location for the transaction w/ me TODAY.

JJ is trying to get the medkit from me, and I have no reason why it hasn't been used.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:03 am 
Uhhh, what? How does JJ know that you have the medkit? If she knew the mad scientist has it, and now the mad scientist is dead - how does that tie it to you at all?

Anyways, you can try to use this opportunity to kill her - but there's always the possibility she won't show up alone, and then you'd have to give her the medkit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:07 am 
She doesn't understand the rules of mad scientist conscription. I asked Alex this early in the game - even if mad scientist is conscripted, the monster he creates is still on the townsperson side.

How recent is that PM, because Dgrazian couldn't have talked recently about investigator value. I think you might as well tell her that you know the mad scientist was killed by the mafia and have no idea why it wasn't used. Perhaps even mention the possibility of a search warrant - at this point, even if they know the mafia have the medkit, it doesn't change much?

Who's our planned kill for today, guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:08 am 
JJ is going to bring a team of people with her to get the medkit, that's for sure. I don't know if I'll be asked. If I am, then I'll go along. If it's sufficiently late in the day and we know Kate's going to be killed, then have Kate come along with you and kill JJ before she can give you the medkit.

@Nicole: this is an older PM, before the mad scientist died, I believe.

EDIT: Er, I meant before you can give JJ the medkit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:05 pm 
Essentially she doesn't know where it is, and she wants me to get it from the mad scientist. I could say that Alex is dead, and yeah, I guess the best thing to do is tell the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:07 pm 
If we kill her, I don't need an explaination. Kate should just kill her a la fluffy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 pm 
But preferably without the big announcement "oh btw, I was mafia" before she dies... that might prompt ppl to take a closer look at who voted for Brogan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:31 pm 
You could tell her you gave it to me when I told you I was inspector. That way, she'd pretty much assume that it was in mafia hands.

Do we know who JJ suspects? If she's going to go after the wrong people, it might be worth keeping her around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm 
I still think she's wary of JB. (The whole "I still trust you're innocent" is probably just so she could extract some more info out of him). I don't think she trusts that you got mayor so quickly and no one's opposed you. I haven't spoken with them in a long time, so I can see if I can find her later tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 pm 
Vivian, can you get Kate near JJ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:33 pm 
I can suggest table-mafia if that would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:54 pm 
We need to get Kate near JJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 pm 
Sorry - just got back from mystery hunt. I'm free for the rest of the night. I'm not sure if JJ would recognize me if she saw me in a non-mafia context. If she was aware of who I was, though, she would probably try to stay out of ZOC of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm 
Can we get you into Next House?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 pm 
I don't know - but without Vivian's help, I probably wouldn't be able to recognize JJ anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 pm 
Maybe you should just kill someone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm 
It wouldn't be difficult for me to kill an arbitrary Randomite, but I'd like to hold off on that until it's clear that I can't kill JJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:18 pm 
Vivian, if you don't find a way for me to kill JJ within an hour, I'm killing Brian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 pm 
Fuck.

Brian's locked himself in his room. Do you want me to try to talk my way in somehow, or should we go for no kill today to make it look like there was a conscription?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:29 pm 
Needless to say, if any of you are in a position to kill someone, do it now.

I gave the fake id to ami, btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm 
Well, you're about to get voted off anyways - you can just walk up to someone and say bang. Or we can make it look like a conscription. Your call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 pm 
omgosh x___x;; Sorry, I've been away from MIT the entire day. JJ was at the McCormick ATS event earlier and I would have told you, but I ended up not getting back until late. I can get you into Next House but you'd have to make it over here fast. If not, just kill someone in Random OR kill Jason Chiu at ADP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:36 pm 
Okay, I tried an failed to kill Brian, so he's not letting me anywhere near him.

THERE IS LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE IN GAME THAT I AM PHYSICALLY CAPABLE OF KILLING IN THE NEXT 25 MINUTES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:37 pm 
Ami?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next