Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:09 pm 
Nicole (and Vinoth and Alex) is our SidPac resident and a fair choice for investigation. But, the mafia would know that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:12 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Honestly, I find this whole situation a little suspicious (or at least confusing)... if Kate was really mafia and knew she was about to by lynched, she could have murdered absolutely anyone at absolutely any time. Why just go for one person so late at night?

Mafia discussion would be my guess. From my experience playing forum mafia, it takes a while to figure out who you want to kill. In this game it would be harder: you have to make a kill and be sure no one else killed anyone.

Fair point. Recalling that yesterday was still during mystery hunt, it makes a little more sense that the mafia would have had trouble getting their act together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:16 pm 
Alex wrote:
Announcement: Jason Chiu is killed at 9:55 AM outside the entrance to Sidney-Pacific.

I was fast asleep after much deprivation this weekend. My roommate can confirm. It seems the kills are either occurring early in the morning or late at night, so it might be worthwhile to think about people's sleeping patterns (as reported in the "introduction" thread). Furthermore, the new location is interesting... what was Jason doing around Sidney-Pacific?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Nicole (and Vinoth and Alex) is our SidPac resident and a fair choice for investigation. But, the mafia would know that...

Hey, don't look at me! I was asleep, which I do realize is a crappy alibi - but I don't exactly keep other mafia players on hand in my apartment to vouch for me in case situations like this come up.

But anyways, I haven't left the building all day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:32 pm 
guys, sorry for my absence in the past couple days. Now that I completely recovered from mystery hunt, I'm up and running.

Yes, I will get out right NOW to the crime location and ready to make an investigation on Jason's kill.
However, I definitely DO NOT think Di is mafia. I know her pretty well, and she absolutely cannot lie (especially cannot lie in front of me lol). I can say i'm pretty sure that she's innocent. Also, the killing of Jason pretty much put our target on her (since in jrc's post, it's either jason or her) - if she were mafia, tho she sucks that this game (jk jk, Di =PP), i think she'd know better.

Because of my power, i want to be conservative about accusing at this point, until i investigate. However, i do have some candidates in mind. Tho i have no idea what jason was doing at sidpac - vivian, did he ever tell you why he went there? Tho outside of sidpac could very well mean outside of Shaw's, or the vicinity of Random.

So, everyone present alibi now. I was sleeping in my room till like 15 min ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 pm 
Nicole wrote:
I don't exactly keep other mafia players on hand in my apartment to vouch for me in case situations like this come up.

But anyways, I haven't left the building all day.

Me too. I hate being alibi-less. Even more so when you note there's about an hour gap in my posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 pm 
In my room dinking around on the internet debating going in to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:41 pm 
The last time I left Random was at 7:04, in order to get some packaged meat product and Mexicoke from Shaw's. I got back around 7:30 and have not left the building again since then. Other than finding someone who was in the kitchen around the time of the murder and can thus vouch for me (I don't think anyone was awake), I can't prove my alibi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:53 pm 
I've been out all day and am so tired I could faint, so sorry if I'm a bit terse. Jason Chiu texted me around lunchtime to say, "btw I'm dead :(" (but wouldn't give me any more details.. though I guess I shouldn't have asked, MY BAD)

jayarsea wrote:
Jason posted this yesterday.
been hunting, hadn't voted past few days as a result
going out to dinner with Vivian now
Vivian, confirm? Why didn't you post that you were going out with Jason as well? Jason had reason to fear being killed, but you did not (under the assumption you are mafia).

I told him to post that, since it completely slipped my mind before I ran out of my room (was running late). I gave him a call on my way and told him to make sure that people knew we were heading out together in the case of a kill. I also know for sure that Jason has been on his computer the past few days nearly nonstop, since I've been IMing him to discuss puzzles, and have definitely prodded him to vote (but I guess he chose not to...? On that note, actually, half the time he forgets about the game until I tell him to vote... if I didn't tell him to post that note most likely he wouldn't have said anything at all on the forums.)

Lemme read the rest of the thread..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Oh, as for why he /could/ be making this stuff up:
He could be mafia convincing us that Kate instead of Brogan was mafia.

I don't see how that changes the game, especially since Brogan and Kate were part of the same circle of trust until one turned on the other. Kate was pretty much on the chopping block already since everyone was [claiming to be] voting for her, so if that was a last-minute effort by Brian, I don't think he would sacrifice any trust we have in him just to reaffirm something we already decided on.

jayarsea wrote:
So, more cyberstalking of Vivian Lee...

I don't know what I feel about this "cyberstalking" of yours, JRC ;)

JingJian-JJ wrote:
So, everyone present alibi now. I was sleeping in my room till like 15 min ago.

I was up around 9am so I could take a shower before running to meet a friend visiting out-of-town at 10am so we could shop at the Pru and visit the MFA (for free! :D) She can vouch that I was actually off-campus around the time of the kill (I can provide contact info if you need it).
[Alternatively, as JRC pointed out earlier (that I would never thought to use), I have records on my Twitter/BlackBerry of a ton of pictures I took throughout the day, if you want to know where I've been at any time =p]

JingJian-JJ wrote:
vivian, did he ever tell you why he went there?

All I know is that Jason has an externship this IAP, so I don't know why he would still be on campus (or in front of Sid-Pac) at 10am in the morning...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:17 pm 
As a possibility - could this be a hitman kill? It could either be
1) an easy way to frame Nicole, since she's the only remaining player in Sid-Pac, or
2) a hitman kill requested by Nicole, who probably has friends in S-P who could have gone up and tapped him... although how Nicole or anyone would know he would be at Sid-Pac is a mystery to me

We've ruled out Manipulating the Press since that was assumed to be used on one of the early kills (day 2 or something, on Kai), right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:19 pm 
Hey guys, sorry if I'm less involved in game this week. The 10-day starts next weekend, which is quite exciting. I woke up around 10 AM in EC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:45 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
2) a hitman kill requested by Nicole, who probably has friends in S-P who could have gone up and tapped him... although how Nicole or anyone would know he would be at Sid-Pac is a mystery to me

Why me? First of all, I have no idea whether, or why, or even if Jason was actually at SidPac this morning... we don't really know each other outside of this game. Couldn't anybody have hired a hitman to kill him there?

Also, why are you so sure manip the press was already used? The corner outside Random doesn't seem like such a strange place for a Randomite to be killed (I'm too lazy to read through the 5 page discussion of day 2 - was there more sound reasoning for this? I forget.)

I kind of feel like I'm being set up by someone here. Even if JJ investigates and clears my name, you guys will have doubts that I somehow used a magical mafia power to get away with it. Which I didn't, of course, but I can't prove it because I was sound asleep with no idea that any of this was going down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm 
It does seem as if the mafia would make a kill in front of Sid-Pac to frame you, since I wouldn't believe that if someone were a mafia, they would be obvious enough to plant the kill right in front of their dorm. If a hitman was hired, though, the person would need to know that Jason was going to be at Sid-Pac at 10am, and from the sound of it, no one knows why he was there. As for Manipulating the Press, I think there was high suspicion that it was used for Kai's kill on day 2, since some people said they never saw her leave Random, but today's kill just seems highly strange since I can't think of a reason why Jason would be at Sid-Pac, and that is definitely within 1000 feet of a common place like Shaw's. For all we know, there is a tiny chance that someone killed him in Shaw's and then Manipulated the Press to make it in front of Sid-Pac to frame you. For now I give you the benefit of the doubt since it seems a little too coincidental for a mafia move to plant a murder in front of your own dorm (unless you're meta-ing us somehow, which just makes my brain hurt...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm 
i'm fairly sure me, jy, di, vivian, jrc did not kill jason. besides those, i want to know, who in the game knows what jason looks like???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:17 pm 
JingJian-JJ wrote:
i'm fairly sure me, jy, di, vivian, jrc did not kill jason. besides those, i want to know, who in the game knows what jason looks like???

Most of the players remaining in the game (including myself) are friends with him on facebook, so knowing what he looks like is not an issue. Knowing where he spends him time is a lot more useful and requires a bit more information...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 pm 
I was asleep at 9:55am. Didn't wake up until something around 10:30 when a TBP Eligible (Byong Lee) came in to fill out his TBP card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm 
I'm voting for JB, since not Di.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm 
Mm. Well in that case I'm not sure who to vote for. I'll leave my vote (Di) as is for now; JJ if you strongly feel that I should withdraw it, I will.

But seriously I don't really know anything else about anyone and don't really know who to vote for otherwise. My natural protective instincts would be to make myself feel safer by voting for people around Next House (where I live) that I don't not suspect (double negative intentional). Right now I pretty much trust JJ Joy and Vivian, leaving JY and Di. JY from my perspective plays vicariously with JJ, so therefore the most suspicious person out of the Next House bunch, for me, is Di. And by "most suspicious", I simply mean greater than all the others, rather than connote a high level of suspicion, since any that I had before was largely ameliorated by JJ's comments.

Just explaining my rationale. Again, I'll gladly withdraw my vote for Di. I'm just saying when Alex comes out with the voting results tomorrow, don't be all like "Oh why did you still vote for Di, that makes you mafia."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm 
I'm also tempted to vote for Di - she really ought to be defending herself here, and the fact that we haven't heard from her at all makes me wonder what's up.

JJ - did you gain any useful information from inspecting stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:01 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
I was up around 9am so I could take a shower before running to meet a friend visiting out-of-town at 10am so we could shop at the Pru and visit the MFA.

Except that she was going to breakfast with Jason at Sunny's Diner. I left my gmail open all night and he gchatted me at 9:07
Quote:
9:07 AM jasonuchiu: going to breakfast with vivian at sunny's diner
9:08 AM just so you know if i get killed

I also showed this gchat to Joy who will confirm it. See Image.

So that puts them together from 9:10ish to probably at least 10:00ish. 9:55am fits perfectly.

I will be voting for Vivian tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm 
This evidence is pretty conclusive. voting vivian

also, jrc, why am i suspicious? o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 pm 
oh, and also Hilary showed me that gchat just now on her computer, it's real. I told her specifically to save it as a jpeg b/c those pixelations are hard to fake.

Post subject:
Well, that does seem pre-tty incriminating.

If Vivian doesn't say anything convincing, then Di, you just got saved from my vote for you =P

Post subject:
apologies for the size of the image... >.<

I just didn't want any doubt that the chat was faked in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 pm 
joy wrote:
This evidence is pretty conclusive. voting vivian

also, jrc, why am i suspicious? o_O

I would guess because from his perspective you haven't posted an awful lot, dear =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 pm 
Voting for Vivian, as well. I would appreciate it if JJ could confirm this (publicly) so that we could be certain that we killed the right person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm 
oh wow omg i ddin't see this
omg
need to investigate vivian then omg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 pm 
omg
so, b4 all u guys posted stuff on forum, i pmed alex, investigating someone other than vivian.
alex didn't get to me till JUST NOW, and of course, result negative.
and like 2 min ago i read the forum and incriminating evidence for vivian
=.=
omg!!!
should i investigate vivian on jchiu right after midnight, or are we comfortable about vivian = mafia???
i mean, she lied about her alibis, didn't she?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:46 pm 
oh yeah, and, of course, voting vivian
oh wow, we are well on our way!! =DDDDDD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next