Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 kill planning
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:52 pm 
A good kill to make today might be aok, in his class 18.312, 2p-3p @ 4-159 MWF.

Also, I may have just accidentally revealed myself on the forums. If so, sorry. But probably not.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 kill planning
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 pm 
Sammyluo is in that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:10 pm 
sammyluo will be heading to random to sign petitions soon (leaving MIT in ~7 min). If someone can head him off on Mass ave and kill him that would be excellent. I don't think I can be mafia very effectively while he is alive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:17 pm 
Anybody see my last message? Sammy is probably heading towards random now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:21 pm 
I can't do it, I'm in class

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:24 pm 
Wait, did Isaac killing himself not use up mafia's kill for today?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm 
Did it? I interpreted it as using up only the conscript-suicide power.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm 
Sammy is actually leaving MIT now (not 10min ago oops); he may be leaving from EC or from e.g. building 7 - I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm 
It did not. You may still make your standard daily kill.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 pm 
Katie, can/(do you think we should) you do this? I think I'd be better able to poison tonight at concert choir too, if it works. Sammy does know that I know that he's going.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:56 pm 
sammy is leaving random now. I could follow Andrealincoln for some time after 6.856 and then try to kill her before rushing back to EC for an alibi?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:09 pm 
I didn't want to kill Sammy because
a. He clearly told other people he was coming to sign my petitions
b. I can't really leave desk without closing it (which I am definitely not supposed to do for a game), at least not very far. The kill would show up as Sammy dying in Foo, with me having publicly said I'd be in Foo from 2-7.
c. The fact that he encountered me and signed my petitions would be super obvious from the fact that his signature is on my petitions.
d. I think I've already attracted enough attention today, at least from certain people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:18 pm 
Jakob, I think you should take any poison opportunities you can get if you can be subtle (I doubt town will think to trace poison to an in person encounter).

I think we should ideally kill someone other than Andrea. She hasn't played Live Action Mafia since before I came to MIT, and I don't think she'll be super dangerous. Isaac's post in "Strategy" seems accurate. We want to off aok ASAP since he seems pretty innocent right now.

Other good kills targets are, as Isaac said, Josh and Alex. Although I actually think Alex is less dangerous than people are inclined to think (he's played a lot, but he doesn't commit as much time imo). Lucy and Lily are bigger threats I think. Also, Ellena and Kemus can be dangerous, although we might want to hold off on killing Kemus. Sammy Luo I'm also inclined to believe will be troublesome.

If we can kill aok today that would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:26 pm 
Ideally our kill will be right near day end, to minimize town coordination time. Though I think killing aok is more important than having a late kill.

He should be going to Minions of Darkness at ET tonight. I think it starts at 7:00 (it did over ET Rush, but it might have changed). Sasha, can you confirm this?

If so, catching aok before he goes on the Saferide is a reasonable option. If Sasha san-checks the plan and Jakob makes the kill I think it will work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm 
Oops, I thought you had desk *tomorrow*. that makes sense. I'll go for a poisoning at concert choir if possible, or maybe at the glassblowing lottery if I see a person. I might not be able to kill then because concert choir starts at ~7:05.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm 
Oh, before 7. Maybe, I'll be going to shaw's between 6 and 7, maybe I can catch aok on my way back to EC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:39 pm 
Sasha, can you confirm that Minions starts at 7 and that aok arrives on the saferide right before that?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:43 pm 
Minions starts at 8. Saferide theoretically arrives at 7:56, but it's especially unreliable due to weather. He'll probably be on the saferide leaving campus around 7:30, though I'm not certain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:45 pm 
Okay, it's good that we clarified that then. I don't really want to make the kill when I'm publicly running around campus getting petition signatures though, Sasha will look sketchy if they're not at ET, and Jakob will have concert choir. Let's see if we can poke Michikyo into doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:58 pm 
Okay, I texted Michikyo, but I think she might be confused about why I'm asking her to kill someone...

Ideally Michikyo could camp in Destiny, which aok should have to pass through on his way out of Random, and kill him as he's leaving (probably better than waiting in the cold). He'll probably leave at ~7:20, but Michikyo should probably get here by at least 7:10 to be on the safe side. I might even be able to hang out on Clam getting petition signatures and text as aok is about to head down.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm 
Minor thing to be wary about though; there is a security meeting in Random in Foo at 7:17, which ltchin and other players will almost certainly be at. So maybe Michikyo should come earlier if we want to make sure she doesn't get seen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:09 pm 
Okay so Michikyo has a 7-8:30 class she can't skip. We need a new plan then...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 pm 
Okay, Lucy has 3.985: M 7pm-10pm in 4-370. No other players there and no one else in the Random Hall registry of classes there. Lucy was a super strong town player last game and Sasha says she has investigative powers, so I think it would be a good kill. Jakob / Michikyo, could either of you reasonably do it? I might be able to manage it while I'm off getting signatures, but that might be too suspicious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:19 pm 
Lucy also says to suspect ltchin if she dies between 6 and 7.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:36 pm 
I would be able to be in that room at 4-370, it works great. However, I'd have to get rid of sammy somehow. It'd be really suspicious if the time I went to the bathroom corresponded to the kill time. Should I poison him instead of lilychen so that I can be freer to kill after tomorrow? It would be really suspicious though, and town doesn't yet know that we have 1 poison per day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:17 pm 
Hmm, don't make the kill if it would incriminate you like that. I lean towards poisoning Lily in general (more experienced, more likely to have secret plans not intersecting with mafia, and generally as suspicious of me as I am of her.) But poisoning Sammy is also good, especially if you think he's going to make killing difficult for you. It should probably be your call.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:22 pm 
I'll poison sammy tomorrow. I can survive until day 3. Ama, tsims, mads, michikyo, and I are at the glassblowing lottery. I don't know if michikyo can kill lucy. I could try to follow someone from the lottery.