Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:58 am 
A few important points:

1. You four (sashacf, michikyo, isaacg, jakob) are on the same team. Gods guarantee, no tricks. You should share your role information with each other.

2. You should come up with a formal 'cover role' and pm it to the gms. This should be a role that you would want the gms to answer if a role-investigator investigated you. No guarantees that it will save you or that role-investigators exist, but there may be mechanics for which it is relevant. You might want this formal 'cover role' to be consistent with whatever you are claiming in-game. You may change your formal cover role at any time with a message to the gms.

3. You are allowed to lie about your role absolutely no matter what. Even if, say, somebody with hand above head, says "You must tell me your role." You may always, always lie.

4. Please do not hesitate at all to ask questions!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm 
Here's what I'm formally claiming.

Name - Psionic
Ability - Once per game, the psionic may utilize their telekinetic mental powers with the incant "hypnotize" to turn a mafia's gun on themself, killing the mafia (if the target isn't mafia, they instead are hynotized to simply stop breathing.) Due to the mental concentration this ability requires, "hypnotize" may not be used around players other than the psionic and the target.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:28 pm 
Can you clarify why you mean by 'hypnotized to simply stop breathing?'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 pm 
I formally claimed this:

Name: Conspiracy theorist:
Ability: The conspiracy theorist can investigate anyone they overhear saying a conspiracy theory (joking or serious, of any kind) that day. This can be used up to once on each player each day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:15 pm 
I claimed this:

Alchemist: every day, I have a 1/3 chance of being invulnerable to bangs, but I don't know if I am on a given day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 am 
Important updates:

1. By lunch-time ksedlar's spirit will transfer into ltchin (e.g. Ksedlar dies, ltchin is conscripted)

2. Sammyluo is being added to the mafia den.

3. Sammyluo's investigation manipulation ability will have to be nerfed or removed. I neglected to consider until last night just how overwhelming it would be if he was coordinating with the mafia. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 am 
Also, as of March 1, Sammy, Jakob, and Sasha will have ID-access to Random via express guest list. So you can get into Random just by tapping in as of then.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm 
I forgot to notify tsims last night that he was poisoned. So instead, I will tell him at the end of the day today. He will die at the end of day 3 (unless another ability makes that not happen.)

Jakob, this has no effect on your ability to poison other people. If you word-poison a player today, that player will also die at the end of the day tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 pm 
tsims has been notified of his impending doom. He will die at the end of day 3.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:47 pm 
Rules clarification:

Your team wins iff every town-aligned player is dead. If there are players who are neither on your team nor town-aligned, they do not have to be dead for you to win.