Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm 
Evidently my investigation-flipping power is too OP when combined with communication with you guys, so I need to pick a new, more reasonable ability. Mods say this can be based on my current ability, or completely unrelated. Any suggestions?

One possibility is a nerfed version of my ability closer to what my fake ability is (e.g. investigate once every other day, make future investigation results random rather than completely flipped).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:12 pm 
Clarify exactly what your current power is for me? (Sorry, I'm a bit behind).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm 
He could investigate a kill each day, get a true result, and the result flips for everyone else who investigates. [in addition to a once/3days rogue kill]. Also, bang immunity.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:50 pm 
I think the real problem is the fact that it can be used every other day.

Perhaps putting a limit on it, say only n times per game, where n can be 3, or something like that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 pm 
Mods are offering me two options: Appear as innocent for everything (kills + role checks), or limited communication from the grave for 2 days. Which seems more reasonable?

Considering I'm going to die anyway I think the second is more useful, but the first might help if people try to check me after my death? I'm probably not going to have time to kamikaze, so... :/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:50 pm 
The second is best.

When will you be back in EC? I can make sure kemus is in a public location you can kill him in as long as you get back before 10:35.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:51 pm 
Also, what's your phone number, so I can have more instantaneous communication with you?

Mine's 301-648-4105

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 pm 
Postmortem communication would be awesome, since no experienced player would expect it. You could help out with info gathering postmortem, or even just help facilitate kills by checking people's locations, distracting people, or making people go certain places.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 pm 
I have a video call at 10pm so it doesn't look like kamikaze is happening... I'll just make a convincing argument and hope kemus also gets lynched.

I'll ask for postmortem communication then. I think they said it's like I can talk during 1 mod 2 hours for the first day after death, 1 mod 4 for second day, and then no more from then on? Let's see what happens with this, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:06 pm 
New sammyluo power (replacing the investigation-manipulation power):

"
The day after you die, you can communicate (in-person and by forum) during odd-numbered hours (from 1-2 a.m., 3-4 a.m.,). The day after that you can communicate during hours that are congruent to 1 mod 4 (1-2 a.m. 5-6 a.m., ...) After that you are actually dead.

You cannot be killed while you are a 'vanishing ghost' (respond to anything with 'I don't die') but you cannot perform any mechanical actions either (you can't kill, vote, use items, etc.).

Of course, please avoid any spoilers regarding the game. Don't try to trick people into giving you information by pretending to be out of the game (but feel free to confuse/scare people with the fact that you are still alive!)
"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 pm 
Wait, does today's 11pm-12am (i.e. now) count?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:21 pm 
yes