Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sorry, dear rogue
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:38 pm 
It seems unlikely you'll survive. Mostly because you're probably a better choice than no lynch, and you don't really have much to contribute to town if you're left alive.

This is why I'm posting against you in forum. I could sacrifice myself, but you'd probably just be lynched tomorrow in that case.

If you do live until tomorrow, I can arrange my death to make you look innocent (setting it up so it's obvious I made the kill, and you can use your power to kill me or something while I'm mid-kamikaze.)

Post subject: Re: Sorry, dear rogue
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:46 pm 
Actually, what do people think? Maybe if I go ahead and kill some people on beast near enough to day end (Say, 10 pm), there's some chance I'll end up splitting to vote. Or will end up with one of the two of us lynched tonight and the other lynched tomorrow, though.

Even if you perform some feat of heroism and stop my kamikaze, it will seem way too staged if it happens tonight....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:51 pm 
All mafia except for me should go for no lynch or not voting, preferably no lynch if you voted yesterday, so that if questioned, you can always just say you had automatically entered in no lynch and hadn't noticed the events in time to change your vote. Jakob, you can also vote no lynch with the excuse that you believe he is innocent.

I think I pretty much have to vote sammyluo based on my forum posts...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:06 pm 
No worries. I think I'm going to vote kemus rather than no lynch because of my arguments (which are mostly valid, in fact).

btw I think mods refused the investigation on kemus but since the claim was "makes future investigations unreliable" anyway it probably doesn't matter.

Also, here is dgrazian's description of my proposed ability:
"
The day after you die, you can communicate (in-person and by forum) during odd-numbered hours (from 1-2 a.m., 3-4 a.m.,). The day after that you can communicate during hours that are congruent to 1 mod 4 (1-2 a.m. 5-6 a.m., ...) After that you are actually dead.

You cannot be killed while you are a ghost (respond to anything with 'I don't die') but you cannot do any mechanical actions either (you can't kill, vote, use items, etc.).

Of course, please avoid any spoilers regarding the game. Don't try to trick people into giving you information based on the fact that you are a ghost (but feel free to confuse/scare people with the fact that you are still alive!)
"

Not quite sure what this would be used for but feel free to come up with plans to use me (probably mostly to troll ;) )

Um yeah video call now. It was nice knowing you all!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:11 am 
OK, here's my plan for tomorrow. These are sorted in the order in which I will try them, and I will stop going down the list once I have successfully made 2 kills.

1. I will try to catch Lucy before she goes to 7.02 (at 9:30)

2. That failing, I'll try and get Andres at 11

3. That failing, I'll do my best to get Lucy on her way back to ET at noon

4. That failing, I'll try and get Alex at 1pm, though this probably will come with also having to kill kemus, since they have the class together.

5. Then I'll try to get aok at 2.

6. Lily at 4

7. Go to random and "sign petitions" ideally in a group with 2 townies

8. Fuck it, kamikaze in EC.

So yeah... Any suggestions/alterations are appreciated. These are basically just sorted chronologically, so if you think I should prioritize player significance over just making sure I can make two kills, then do say so.

Also, gods, if you're willing to let me make more than two, I'm all for trying. Just give me an upper limit.

Once again, sorry for leaving, but at least I'll try to go out with a bang (well, kaboom, but whatever).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:13 am 
Your limit is to take two down with you. Any more would just be excessive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:14 am 
Yeah, I thought so. So plan is as stands above.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:17 am 
If Alex is your second kill you could potentially leave kemus alive and make people doubt him more? You're dying at the same time as your second kill, right?

Anyway I'm going to sleep soon. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:17 am 
Given today's word, I'm fairly certain I can poison Lily Chen tonight, so don't kill her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:37 am 
Yeah, I was considering that, sammyluo. It would be awesome if I can pull it off, but it would only really work if I get Alex without kemus seeing me, because otherwise all it would take would be a simple investigation to confirm kemus's story.

I think lily will likely live. Also, she paranoia texts me and I sometimes paranoia text back, so I could use it right before I suicide and make some townie super sketchy looking.

I actually probably can't kill aok due to timing things, but I'll try.

If the stars align, I could even make it so that I text her 'kemus' combined with the above Alex kill, and he definitely dies. Or maybe I'll go with "aok" since I likely can't get him dead the standard way. (He's usually a super sketch townie. Maybe people will reverse psychology the fuck out of it and decide he must be mafia since he isn't acting sketch.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:13 am 
Lucy down. One more to go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 am 
Nice. Yeah, do whatever you see fit.

Possible troll things I could do:

-Abruptly announce I'm mafia and ask for rogues to contact me / tell me info / tell me their next kill targets, and then either give you guys this info (to get a rogue), or tell each to contact a different player (to cause suspicion pairs) and afterwards maybe be like "jk I'm a townie lololol." I might want to do this tomorrow morning though to give town a chance to lynch someone today.

-Run around (/visit random) and pretend to chase/try to kill people, then walk away. Might be helpful if we want to cause instantaneous panic/disruption at some point.

-Keep being a townie godfather and making things confusing subtly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:20 am 
Eep! that kill on Lucy made me really sketchy :\

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:46 am 
Oh, I'm sorry :( maybe lay low for a few days? Also, perhaps this will make people waste investigations on you for this kill. In any case, there will also be 2 EC deaths today (hopefully) so maybe it'll cause enough confusion to make you less sketch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am 
Also, I'm curious if there's any chance your group noticed me, since I was following you around the infinite via the outside route to try and catch Lucy alone. Was anyone suspicious? Because I'm still hoping to pass my death later today off as a mafia->townie kill.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:50 am 
I didn't see you, and I doubt Adamberg did either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:54 am 
OK, great. Now if I can pull off this second kill incognito, this might just work. (I'm going for anpere, BTW)

Also, gods, do my two kills count toward the mafia's 1-a-day bang, or can one of the other members still make another kill today?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:54 am 
sammyluo wrote:
Nice. Yeah, do whatever you see fit.

Possible troll things I could do:

-Abruptly announce I'm mafia and ask for rogues to contact me / tell me info / tell me their next kill targets, and then either give you guys this info (to get a rogue), or tell each to contact a different player (to cause suspicion pairs) and afterwards maybe be like "jk I'm a townie lololol." I might want to do this tomorrow morning though to give town a chance to lynch someone today.

-Run around (/visit random) and pretend to chase/try to kill people, then walk away. Might be helpful if we want to cause instantaneous panic/disruption at some point.

-Keep being a townie godfather and making things confusing subtly.

Anyone have a preference for which option(s) I choose or have other suggestions?