Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rogue planning
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:07 pm 
I'm about to send lilychen the following message. Thoughts?

Rogue hunting?
"
I realize you don't have reason to trust me, but here's an idea of something useful I can do in my limbo state.
It's kind of hard to tell how much the general population trusts or distrusts me right now, but I think there might be enough uncertainty to pull this off, assuming rogues actually exist in this game. I can mimic what happened during the fall game (post "I'M MAFIA, ROGUES REVEAL TO ME NOW," tell them to tell me which kills they made, whether they have any items/powers/info, and who their next planned kill target is), except I can additionally tell them to try to use "bang" on me, since I'm bang-immune as a dead person. I can then send on the information to a few people, or tell each rogue to contact a (randomly chosen) player, before I finally quietly disappear from the game (it's not like the people wanted me here anyway :'( )

(The existence of rogues (if not multiple mafia factions) seems likely given the 4-kill day today. The only not-completely-bizarre alternative I can think of is dgrazian and pravinas themselves being able to kill people at will, which would be really troll but not impossible.)

Sound reasonable? Feel free to point out / patch any issues you find with this, or share this idea with anyone else you trust.
"

What should we do with this?

Post subject: Re: Rogue planning
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:21 pm 
Oops so 'rogues' don't exist. Eh, maybe I can still try to connect with other mafia-sided players, or send fake ones to fake mafia for trolling. I feel like I can't really do anything else for game tomorrow anyway. Contacting lilychen unless anyone objects.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 am 
About to post rogue thing in town square, hope this doesn't screw anyone over. GL guys!

Also I probably won't be able to be in communication much today, besides dumping any PM results I may get. It's been great playing with all of you. Good luck, have fun :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:13 am 
(PMed aliciacm too for hopefully more lasting confusion)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:26 am 
vlonge texted Alicia, (ksedlar), and (me) saying she role-revealed to Ama so if she dies Ama is suspect.

Alicia replied to my pm with this:
"not sure why you trust lilychen, and i was also assured of no rogues. rogue-like, vig-like, who knows. good luck ghost!
also thank you, i put in a lot of effort for town today and its why im still working on psets lol"