Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello Ghosties!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:16 pm 
I think it would be hard to fit 3 games in this Spring (even if this game isn't standard, it certainly counts for taking up time / sanity).

A three gm game might be reasonable. Part of the function of having two gms is having diversity in geographic location and schedule so that players can get answers more quickly (although that might not be necessary with Jakob's web app.) The issue is that the more gms you have, the harder it is to quickly get rulings on weird rules questions. At least when I've co-gmed, one gm has kind of informally been the "head gm" (me in the Summer 2 game, aok in the IAP game) in terms of having the final decision on rulings, and coordinating rulings quickly between three gms could be tough.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 pm 
I think we could make it work. Kevin and I are a hive mind, and I'd be willing to default to Kevin for decisions I disagree with him about (mainly since he tends to be less hosed, hence have more time to think about the complexities of the mafia universe), and you two could figure out superiority between yourselves.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:32 pm 
I think it might be reasonable to have a entry on sign ups for mafia on "How much time do you want to invest in game?" This can help filter out inactives ("meh, I don't really want to spend that much time") and prevent people who tend to get hosed from being in way too intensive roles. I don't think that it should be decided purely on this, but it could be taken into consideration in the randomizing algorithm for assigning people to roles. It doesn't get rid of the conscription problem or not realizing how hosed you're going to be when you sign up, but it might help somewhat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:08 pm 
Yeah, that would work to some extent, and would probably be the best one could do without players meta gaming the fuck out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 pm 
tsims is so on the money right now with his poisoning suspicions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 pm 
Oh, yes! I kind of doubt it will go anywhere there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm 
Too many people are cited in his suspicions for them to actually be useful. Really, I think Ara is the most dangerous person right now, because she has most of the knowledge/suspicions necessary to explain most of what happened today. If anyone listens to her and manage to do correct investigations on the crimes, then things will go downhill.

I hope aok and Lily Chen get lynched ~ that was what I was trying to set up with my last actions.

Also, wtf is up with Lily Chen? That's not my original role, she knew I found out sammyluo's alignment from the cookie she gave me yesterday (in fact, she suggested it), and what are these 'role related reasons' she trusts me for? Did she check my alignment or something before I gave her the cookie? Because that would be hillarious.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:16 pm 
Lololol:

"I have reason to believe michikyo poisoned tsims. Not totally certain, but, I gave her a poisoned cookie that I didn't mention was poisoned (though gods may have told her because it was visibly nasty). Then tsims got poisoned and said to suspect people including her. I talked to tsims and he didn't eat the cookie (to his knowledge) so maybe she slipped it in his food or something. Once I have a chance to talk to her I may post more info publicly. Just letting some people know in case I die."

I just think this is super amusing because this is the second time this game michikyo has seemed super sketchy for reasons entirely unrelated to the fact that she's actually mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:24 pm 
Yeah that's great. Also, I'm so stuck in the townie mindset. Like, wow I hope they catch these mafia when what my character really wants is MORE DEATH ALL THE TIME (except for my death and the premature death of players that can kill).

Really I'm just on team Oreo 500%.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:18 am 
Quote:
Ok so the mafia is Jakob, and he tricks people into saying a specific word in order to poison them. I say we lynch Jakob today.

NOOOO JAKOB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 am 
It's probably since he tried to poison Lily today. Well, guess that's probably it for the mafia, unless michikyo really wakes up and starts playing more actively.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:21 am 
This is actually the second game where Michikyo has gotten blamed for something she didn't do when she was mafia. Also, I'm really sad that I didn't really get a chance to do more in my role, which was just to spread as much chaos and paranoia as possible. I actually messaged three different people saying that another person had poisoned me lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm 
arkadiyf just accused Adamberg of trying to kill him. (She's on his list of people he wants lynched.) This would normally have gone off without a hitch (she's been in sketchy locations and such), except that Troy copied Adamberg's role a few days ago. While he doesn't know what happens if he copies a mafia (I think he just gets their cover role), I think he'd be more inclined to trust her than arkadiyf.

We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:07 pm 
What is adamberg's role?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:15 pm 
She knew anpere was innocent. (There may have been more to this role, maybe)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:00 pm 
Yeah, that was basically it.

Also, Lucy took over modding for me so I could have a little bit of sanity time last night. Everyone give a round of applause to the amazing Lucy! This kind of game would definitely be slightly less breakdown-inducing as a 3-gm setup than a 2-gm one, even if dgrazian and I step on each other's toes slightly, this game would only take like 10 hours out of each of our days than 16 out of the two of ours. (Yes I know that doesn't add up. We'd all spend too much time looking at forums anyways :P)

I should have taken more care with scheduling to make sure that midterms weren't this week for a lot of classes. I had one too and oops. Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:11 pm 
pravinas wrote:
Ama was killed outside of 14N at 3:59.

After she was found dead, I swear I didn't do it!

++ for having both was killed and was found dead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 pm 
That's what I meant to do. Get all of the recurring things that sometimes are said into one post so as to say, yes, this is entirely pointless.

AND THEN LILY SAYS SHE THINK'S IT'S PROBABLY MEANINGFUL.

lmao

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:29 pm 
Troy wrote:
I also have a theory that there is a difference between being found dead and being killed. I am confused that both phrases appear in this description.

Because there IS NO DIFFERENCE.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 pm 
If I were still alive, I would also be trying to figure out what was indicated by was killed vs was found dead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:40 pm 
The purpose of that post was to poke fun at people trying to read too much into things. It started with just being inconsistent and saying whatever I felt like. Then people started analyzing it when there's nothing to analyze.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:52 pm 
The only solution is to confuse them even more. Mads was found killed! Ellena was deadened! Jessk was sent to a better place!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:56 pm 
++ to mads's solution.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:02 pm 
Do you mind if I use your phrasings? That's excellent! :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:48 pm 
++ mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:13 pm 
I'd be honored.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 pm 
lilychen wrote:
I've received word that Adamberg -> Lucy investigated as negative, but Lucy was also one of the deaths where the gods said "I swear, I didn't do it", so I don't think we get that much information from this result.

Wow. They're reading so much into gods' flavortext.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:29 pm 
I'm trying to help them by saying everything at once. And confusing them.

Also, NO to Sasha's post. It has been about 4 hours since that motherfucking meme started and it's already EVERYWHERE.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 pm 
Clearly blue/black

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:51 pm 
:-( Oreo apparently was caught by an np... :-(

I hope she gets out of this somehow. If not, she's still mvp of the game!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next