Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 pm 
!!! Michikyo: Alex and oreo (along with anyone else who PMs me later today) are potential people for role-checks to be done on. I think oreo is more likely to be actually evil, but your decision which one to check today.
---

So far only two PMs:

Alex: [Title: Your mafia claim] "Can you offer some evidence?"

oreo: "I need confirmation that you're evil."

My reply to both:
"Sigh, ok, read this post

If you're actually mafia-aligned, please at least tell me who you've killed and your next kill target. I see no way giving this information can harm you even if you think I'm not actually mafia, and it would help a lot for when we actually get to recruiting you guys."

Why is it so hard to convince people I'm mafia? Possibly because I'm also convincing other people I'm town at the same time :P and not giving away useful info, of course.

I relaxed the constraints to encourage more fake claims that allow trolling to be set up.

I'm also about to contact adamberg. It's possible it's a fake rogue like the one jakob and I set up in the fall though. In which case I can troll more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:53 pm 
Ooh.
Oreo:
I killed ltchin, Frevan, and Jessk
My next target is aliciacm

Sounds promising! Michikyo, please investigate her role to make sure she's not a free agent that prefers killing mafia or something.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:18 pm 
Also, the password to contact her is "conspiracy of tomatoes".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:28 pm 
i'll role-check orero once the new day rolls over

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:59 pm 
Shensley (definitely fake):
"I'm the one who killed mads at the saferide stop. Unfortunately, my role makes it so that I can't lie about my alibis.... That's why I had to admit I was there at that time. So I'm concerned that if I make another kill, it might get me caught - town might not be so lax as to ignore something like that happening twice.
Still, you might as well give me a kill target! I'll see what I can do."

I'll ask her for a kill target and then make her change to raise suspicions. Then I'll report her to lilychen.

I hope oreo didn't get the list of non-mafia kills from aliciacm. In that case she could be town-aligned and counterplotting.

Yeah, password for oreo is "conspiracy of tomatoes"

Password for Alex is "overflowing with watermelons"

Password for shensley (don't use!) is "attacked by grapefruit"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm 
what d you mean by "password"?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:52 pm 
The word used so they know someone is mafia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:02 pm 
Alex:
I intend to kill Troy, but after day end. I don't really want to say anything further. Sorry, but given the weirdness of game and make-your-own-roles, there's too many ways a trap could be set up. If you can connect me to someone more provable, I can say more.

Lower priority than Oreo but I'll not tell lily his target just in case. Should I reassign him to Eric Yang just to troll?

Heading to random now for in person harmless trolling :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 pm 
Sammy told Alex to go for Eric Yang of Troy instead in his last minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm 
Alex said that josh admitted to killing lilychen. I don't know whether or not to trust him, and since josh is (theoretically) dying at day end, it's probably not worth contacting him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 pm 
I suppose there's not much harm in me contacting him and telling him I'm mafia. At worst, he claims it happened, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm 
It might make more sense to wait until tomorrow- if he doesn't die, he's probably evil, if he does die, it's not like contacting him would have done us any good.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:05 pm 
So Troy and Alex have been talking a lot in private. I overheard Alex saying something about Josh "sacrificing himself" -- I think Alex has some sort of killing ability, and intends to use it on Josh, in public?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 pm 
Interesting. Is this intended to happen tonight? Or do they think that josh isn't actually poisoned?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:08 pm 
I'm not sure. I could try and eavesdrop some more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:12 pm 
Alex said something about getting other mafia to reveal to him, and something about Troy not being dead at day end (either today or tomorrow, I couldn't tell)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 pm 
Alex is planning to fake kill Troy, then get mafia to reveal to him. He is most likely a townie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:30 pm 
Good to know.

If you kill both of them, will you be highly suspected? Do you have an alibi, and are there other living players there who can't alibi each other? will you be the default to blame if something like that happens, since Ellena's kill on Lucy made you look sketchy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:34 pm 
Currently at ET are: Eric Yang, Sarah Pratt, Alex, Troy, and me. Sarah is tooling in her room in the basement, Eric is in his room on the second floor, with headphones on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:35 pm 
I don't think Eric would suspect Sarah, since she's been in the basement since she got back. Although if I manage to kill one of them in the basement, Sarah would be more suspect.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm 
My item got us an extra kill, we have 2 of those now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:42 pm 
Well, I can't kill everyone in ET, that would be way too suspicious. Maybe if I could make a kill (or two) here, then you make a kill at EC?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 pm 
should I use a kaboom on either of them, if I get a chance to make the kill?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 pm 
I think we may want to save our extra kills for when you kamikaze.