Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Roles?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm 
GMs, can we get a role list for the players?

Post subject: Re: Roles?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm 
I've asked, they say its pretty disorganized. What I remember

Eric Yang - can communicate from after death (He'll be limited to the letters b,l,a,h (he doesn't know that yet) but normal crypto rules don't apply to him. He was also told not to tell people he had some way of communicating after dying.)
asjm - had a make your own role. He chose Allied Barton, can place 3 security cameras at the start of day at various locations. He has to physically visit the location he wants to put his cameras in.
lzahray - can Defang people (they can't use their roles all day)
aliciacm - has the questions
aradhana - had a make your own role. She chose if she speaks in rhyme on forum all day, she can curse someone who used improper grammar to also speak in rhyme on forum all day (I think they might also be forced to post at least twice and that they die at day end if they on't follow the rule (not too sure about the latter))
vlonge - has something to do with adopting? I think she's a third party role
Troy - can copy a player's role
arkadiyf - has a list of people he wants lynched
tsims - wanted to create as much paranoia as possible
Trek - wants to get lynched

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 pm 
Mads - stacker of bodies: no special powers, but I want as many people as possible to die by endgame.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:29 pm 
I was told I was a standard investigator. I'm fairly certain I was insane, though... Didn't quite have enough time as a town-aligned to figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:38 pm 
I was a make-your-own role, I made myself an opossum, who can't be killed by bang if lying down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:47 pm 
Ideally Gods could just post in a big list, but I was a tracker.

"You start the game with two items (you can call them whatever you want.) The gods guarantee that anytime one of these items changes hands, you will be told who now has possession of the item. You will also be notified if one of these items is destroyed.

You are aligned with the town and win when all mafia are dead."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:55 pm 
I was a random investigator. I had 2 investigations a day

My role actually hurt town :(

Ellena I think you were an insane investigator. ltchin was the only normal investigator. There's one more player who was also an insane investigator but I forget who.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 pm 
I'll clean up the big long list, but there's so much stuff that varies from day to day, that it might be easier if people explained their own roles. The roles are all so different that there'd have to be clarifications anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:11 pm 
I had a different role every day.

Day 1 I could ask a meta rule about the game, I asked about conscription.
Day 2 I had a cookie that had gross black stuff on it. I gave it to michikyo.
Day 3 I could attempt to kill someone. If they were mafia they would die and if they were town they would die with 75% chance. I didn't use it.
Today I had an investigation which I didn't use.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:25 am 
I was a girl scout (town-aligned). I could give one person a cookie each day, and upon eating it they would get either a positive or negative effect, but there was no way of knowing which beforehand. I was told that they would mostly be positive effects but I would have no way of knowing this or proving this to anyone (my 1st cookie went to Josh and apparently gave him day-long bang protection, my 2nd went to Ellena and I was told gave her a single alignment check on a dead person, my 3rd apparently poisoned Josh after 2 days, and my 4th was given to Josh right before he killed me).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 pm 
My role didn't have a name, though dgrazian described it to mafia as "rogue." Initially I could kill every third day, investigate every day and flip that investigation result for the future, and be immune to bangs. Once mafia found me it was determined that the investigation flipping was too OP in coordination with mafia, so I got nerfed. I got to choose my nerfing after I got caught trying to kill kemus, so I took dgrazian's proposal of limited communication as a ghost for two days.

My "cover role" was "crazy superhero," which is basically a town-aligned version of my initial role, with investigations every other day, making results "unreliable" instead of flipped, and being able to kill only people I had positive investigations on.

On a sidenote, some variant of crazy superhero actually seems like an possible role idea for a normal game - they won't want to reveal their investigation results because no one will believe them anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:47 pm 
My role also was unnamed. On a day when town voted for a no-lynch I could choose someone to "lynch" and they would be killed instead of no-lynching (I won with town). I thought this role in comparison to any other roles was not that exciting. Basically if I didn't use my power day 1 then I had no power the rest of the game and was nothing more than a regular vanilla towns person. In this game with all sorts of crazy roles and people making and changing thier role during the game I was overall disappointed in my role.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:26 pm 
I was the poltergeist, I was unaligned and just had to spread as much paranoia as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:54 am 
WAIT WHAT I WAS A NORMAL INVESTIGATOR!?!?!?!?
OH COME ON!
AND I COULDN'T INVESTIGATE THE ONLY REASONABLE ONE ON DAY 1 (the one in Pecker Kitchen) BECAUSE I WAS WORKING DESK UNTIL 12
HURR DURR DURR DURR

On the other hand, I totally made correct play revealing to Lane early because that 24 hour immunity was pretty swag. Too bad oreo has kabooms >_<

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:49 am 
ltchin wrote:
On the other hand, I totally made correct play revealing to Lane early because that 24 hour immunity was pretty swag. Too bad oreo has kabooms >_<

Now I'm thinking about what would happen if Oreo didn't have kabooms, and only had bangs instead. Probably the spirit transfer thing would have gone as planned, and then we'd be in the awkward situation where a mafia would be in beef with a serial killer (presumably you would have posted publicly what happened. I think the only reasonable way to diffuse that at that point would have been to coordinate with Oreo, having her "publicly reveal as mafia," and then say near day end that it was a ruse to "get rogues," lynching someone else. Then Oreo could work with mafia and you wouldn't be a target for lynching due to the "lynch both people in beef" strategy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:19 pm 
Wait wat? Did arkadiyf mod-suicide? this complicates things...

Some things I'm wondering:

-Who was on arkadiyf's lynch list?
-How do asjm's security cameras work? Like does he have to be alive for their results to be accessible?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:20 pm 
Wait re asjm, are these physical cameras? I'm guessing not, but what, how do they work? do they act as microphones fixed to locations with asjm as the receiver?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:22 pm 
Also, does Sasha's anti lynch actually work the way they think it does? Like does the next highest voted person get lynched?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:43 pm 
Yes, I believe so.

The mafia have essentially won.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 pm 
So, to clarify, I had a bang available from a daily drama, and I used it on myself yesterday at ET. The way my lynch list worked was that once anyone on it died, I got a new person to go after. Additionally, simply killing someone does not count as a success, only if they are lynched. My lynch list evolved as follows:

asjm
aok
Ellena
ama
Eric Yang(after Ellena's death)
Adamberg(after aok was lynched)
Sarah Pratt(after ama's death)
Alex(after adamberg was lynched)
michikiyo(after Alex's death)

At this point, my list is just asjm, Sarah, and michikiyo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:39 pm 
I was OP townie, my role switched daily. It's really unfortunate that I died because I had a good ability for day 8....