Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LILY CHEN IS MAFIA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:57 pm 
or serial killer or something.

I just posted this in the investigations thread but I realized people might not check that right away. An investigator I'm proxying for found that lilychen killed ksedlar. Someone in random with a taser should tase her ASAP, everyone else should be super careful.

Post subject: Re: LILY CHEN IS MAFIA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 am 
I find this pretty sketchy, coming from a person we suspect of having made this kill. Can you ask your investigator to proxy through a second person as well to confirm your story?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:02 am 
She's in pecker kitchen, not checking forum. I have food on the stove, won't be able to leave for at least 10 minutes. Someone tase her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:03 am 
To be fair, we DID also suspected Lily of making that kill, she was only ever investigated for kills before that and she was the other person without a good alibi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:05 am 
Yes, so your story is plausible, but unfortunately not at all reliable. Confirmation needed.

Also, note the existence of framing; confirmation should probably involve someone investigating inisley -> ksedlar instead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:05 am 
Hm, I doubt the veracity of this investigation. I didn't make the kill. I could have been framed, or the investigator could be mafia. If people really want to tase me that's fine. I'm not mafia though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:08 am 
Investigator Jabberwocky confirms this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 am 
Pravina, wait, jabberwocky made 2 investigations today??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:14 am 
I've been tased by aok.

Also going to reveal publicly as desperado. I went desperado today. Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone would trust my investigation results at this point. Ah well.

Just going to say that I really don't like Ishara and whoever her "investigator" is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:16 am 
jakob wrote:
Pravina, wait, jabberwocky made 2 investigations today??

I think one of them was from yesterday, and the latest one was from just now. I was a bit remiss in reporting on time though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:18 am 
Pravina, which one was from yesterday?

Lilychen, you should definitely still make good investigations and tell us your investigation results anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:18 am 
Confirm, aok tased lilychen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:20 am 
If jabberwocky has confirmed this, it's probably either you're mafia or you've been framed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:22 am 
I wouldn't be surprised with either option. Someone should probably investigate inisley for ksedlar too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:24 am 
sammyluo wrote:
Pravina, which one was from yesterday?

the inisley one was yesterday, the lilychen one was today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:25 am 
Probably worthwhile to investigate inisley, but we should plan on lynching lilychen regardless. Remember, frame a townsperson is mafia's one free "lynch this townsperson" card. If we let mafia get off on "but I was framed!" that's super dangerous.

If inisley does turn up guilty, it's possible that lilychen framed inisley and not vice versa, so we should then lynch inisley as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:29 am 
Yeah, she does seem like a logical choice to frame, but that definitely does not make her innocent.

I'm not sure if it's better to lynch her at end of day today or tomorrow or the next day. If she is desparado then her investigations are useful. If she's mafia, we need to lynch her asap. At least she is tasered for today. We could theoretically taser her again tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that's worth it and if we should just lynch her instead.

Also, rules clarification, if someone is framed, do both them and the person who actually committed the kill show up guilty, or just the person who was framed?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:30 am 
Both show up as guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:30 am 
Fine, I understand that I'm a prime lynch target. Just please also lynch Ishara afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:33 am 
From how I understand the rules, both show up guilty? Could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:34 am 
I think we clearly lynch lilychen today, unless we get another positive investigation result. No evidence will be strong enough, and we can't really trust any of her "investigations".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 am 
Would it be reasonable to lynch inisley first then Lily the next day? I'm pretty sure one of them is mafia. However, if lily is actually desperado it may be more useful to keep her around for an extra day.

Actually, idea: Would it be possible to keep Lily alive for 2 days and have a vigilante ready to kill her right at day 4 start if she doesn't die? The vig will get their shot back so worst case scenario is we let mafia live one extra day. Best case scenario is we find out Lily was telling the truth and her investigations actually mean something, plus if we find out Lily is innocent that likely points to inisley as being mafia as they very much seem to be on opposite teams. Plus we don't waste a lynch on someone town-sided.

IMO it seems like the benefits outweigh the risks, so my idea is that we don't lynch Lily and have a vigilante kill her if she lives past her desperado expiration date.

Disclaimer: I'm tired, so if I said something wrong/dumb or I missed a really obvious gameplay point, pls be nice in telling me my idea sucks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:44 am 
Sorry, I just don't see why lynching inisley is a good idea. As far as I can tell, she hasn't done anything bad/sketchy save having no alibi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:45 am 
I'm guessing the idea is for the case scenario where ishara turns out guilty, too.