Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Manipulating lynches
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 am 
We need to stay ahead of the game with regards to lynch suspicion. Suggest possible lynch targets before anyone else does, so that they don't think of proposing me as a lynch target.

Post subject: Re: Manipulating lynches
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 am 
oreo, I think you should try arguing for at least lynching inisley right after Lily (post this in a few hours, perhaps). Ama, I think you should at least make a brief post in support of this idea at some point (much later today).

Ara, can you find someone who seems sketchy, and start a subtle campaign to get them lynched (after Lily, of course).

If our campaign succeeds, then the town will be torn between two incorrect lynch targets.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 am 
Also, notes on arguing with people on the forums:
Not all posts need to be responded to. Sometimes you make a good argument, and your opponent responds with a poor argument. Most people reading won't buy it. If you don't respond, then they might not post again and get a chance to really convince people.
Talking with people in person is a great way to create an echo chamber of your ideas. With any luck, we could drive people to have such different strong opinions that we don't have to keep the argument going.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 am 
kk I might go after mads because she was rather beliigerent in her posts
-ara
posted in mafia forumns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:43 am 
ksedlar had multiple semi-legit reasons to be sketched out by jessk. I might propose that later.

Let's throw some mud and see what sticks. Don't go too overboard, though; Qualify everything with "not saying we need to necessarily lynch this person, but they're sketchy"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:57 pm 
The good news: town is lynching fmajluf first. Vote your townie heart on this one.

The bad news: mass posted some paranoid garbage before dying. Arguing with a proven innocent is a losing proposition. I'm going to announce my resignation as mayor on Saturday morning.

The silver lining: we should have anpere firmly on our side now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 pm 
what does that mean? that they'll lynch anpere or that we plan to kill him?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm 
anpere was lumped in the same category with me, which is good for us, since he'll be more willing to trust me.

Also, I was too antsy not to respond to her post. Probably unwise of me.