Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Investigations
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:51 pm 
We should have one person who 'is an investigator', but it pretending to be a superhero by only reporting investigations on some days. Act identical to how a superhero would act. I used RNG to suggest that Ama should do this. Sound reasonable? I think Ama should try to get elected as police officer after we kill off the first one.

If kmuhlrad wants to, I want him to claim to be a proxy for an investigator.

Unfortunately, we don't have any way of checking how many clues are actually at a murder scene, until we contact a serial killer. Try to visit scenes 'before' someone else has said that there were 3 clues, or after someone has said there's only 1. Both of you should keep track of how many clues you 'should' have.

Post subject: Re: Investigations
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:51 pm 
Forgot to add 'posted in the mafia den'

posted in the mafia den

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:27 pm 
I'm cool with being an 'investigator.' Though I worry that me running for police officer down the line would look sketchy considering I haven't been very active in past games. That being said I still want us to have a police officer eventually. On a related note I think (not sure) this is kmuhlrad's first time playing so she doesn't have history anyone can go off of, which can be nice.

Who should be my (or whoever is 'investigator') proxy? Would it be beneficial to have a proxy that has a lot of say in the town square/posts a lot (obviously they wouldn't assume you're innocent simply because they're proxying for you, but it couldn't hurt)?

Also yaaay I hope this Don thing works out

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:33 pm 
Make your proxy decision as if you were a townie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:33 pm 
argh 'posted in mafia den'
the penance posts will eventually teach me a lesson

posted in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:48 pm 
yeah this is my first time playing, so I am kind of confused about everything and still trying to figure things out. I can be a proxy for an investigator, although I'm not exactly sure what that means or how I would do that.

posting to the mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:23 pm 
Investigators, as to not reveal their identities to the entire town, choose someone to tell their investigation results to, who posts them to the town. This is their proxy.

Wait until other people start posting about this, and it'll make a little more sense.

posting to the mafia den

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:45 pm 
I have been contacted by fmajluf to be a proxy for an investigator. She claims that she is proxying for someone and I am the third person in the loop, and I'll be posting for them on the forums.

So I barely know how normal proxying works, but what is the point/strategy of having a double proxy chain? (Just a random game strategy question, not specific to being mafia)

Also what should I do with this? I realize I shouldn't lie or do anything dumb because it would give me away, but does this information help us at all?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:28 pm 
The point of double proxying is that you don't know if the person who claims to be an investigator is actually an investigator, or a proxy for one. Or vice versa. It's supposed to make it harder for mafia to find investigators.

Katy, you should post saying that you have an investigator. Choose some random person for the Austin Fathman kill, and report them as innocent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:12 pm 
My mayoral investigation tells me that asjm did not kill Austin Fathman.

Katy, choose someone else, and report that they didn't kill Austin Fathman.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:01 pm 
update on the whole investigator pretending to be a superhero thing. I was in my secret identity for day 1 and 2, and on day 3 I chose my superhero identity and put tsims on my paranoia list (which is reasonable because he role revealed at the end of day 2). This also means I have an investigation for today (day 3), and will use my proxy to post investigation results for lilly chin's death. Sound good?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:03 pm 
to clarify, i put tsims on my paranoia list at the end of day 2, and today (day 3) I'm in superhero identity and therefore should have my proxy post investigation results.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm 
sounds good to me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm 
I think you should 'investigate' Austin Fathman's death instead. Lilly Chin's death is being investigated a bit too quickly for us.