Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Investigations
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 am 
I'm proxying for investigator Red. They said arkadiyf did not kill Austin Fathman. This was investigated yesterday but I was asleep when I got the results.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 am 
I think investigating Adam Y would be a waste. With dgrazian's talent, and his inconvenient schedule one thing seem clear:
There is no mafia in ET and The kill was a hitman.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am 
Or, there are so few ET players that the ET mafia could not safely make the kill, so the publicness of the hitman kill was intentional

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:28 pm 
Sherlock reports that Lucy did not kill AustinFathman.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:16 pm 
sashacf should probably get investigated for tsims's death. He was in 7.013 recitation in 26-204, death was in 26-100. However, 7.013 does have an exam tomorrow, which suggests mayyybe he wouldn't want to skip 5 minutes of recitation to make a kill today. Still at least a little suspicious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:19 pm 
*they

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:24 pm 
Sorry about that. Good to know!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:39 pm 
As said in the day 3 death 2 thread, jhgiles was with Jakob in the 6.01 staff meeting and should probably be investigated.
It'd also be reasonable to investigate me on principle because, well, Jakob just died. Just to be safe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:51 pm 
I'm proxying for Investigator Ksedlar (back from the dead--again).

This investigator says anpere did not kill AustinFathman.

Long live Ksedlar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:48 pm 
Investigator Ksedlar also says Fmajluf7 did not kill AustinFathman. Investigations from different days.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 pm 
JFK says adam did indeed kill Daniel Grazian.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm 
Investigator Red also says jhgilles did not kill AustinFathman. This was from a different day than the first investigation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:05 pm 
Investigator Rose Quartz says that kmuhlrad did not kill Austin Fathman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:07 pm 
At around 11 am today, investigator Sherlock found 3 clues at regirock's kill site. Draw your conclusions from this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:18 pm 
Wow, that strictly conflicts with the shovel result on lilychen, yes? So either plant evidence was used, the shovelling was fake, or the clue collection was fake. Can an investigator report on clue count for Lucy's death? I'm inclined to trust Justine, so this might mean lily was Mafia, which would be a terrible use of plant evidence...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:29 pm 
Oops. Fixing the confustion since this was our fault: We made a mistake in reporting the number of clues for this death. The correct number should be 2.

Sorry...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:01 pm 
Dipper II says Kmulrhad killed regirock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 pm 
pravinas wrote:
At around 11 am today, investigator Sherlock found 3 clues at regirock's kill site. Draw your conclusions from this.

So apparently gods screwed up. Sherlock reported 3 clues and then Kellena messaged them (after seeing this post, probably) that there were only two, as expected.

Now I'm sorry for revealing information that is only interesting to the mafia. :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:56 pm 
JFK says kmulrhad did not kill Jakob, and thinks it's worth town knowing there was only one clue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:02 pm 
arkadiyf wrote:
Dipper II says Kmulrhad killed regirock.

One mafia investigator using multiple proxies seems possible. So, be careful even with positive results. But this means kmuhlrad is a reasonable lynch if she doesn't have a provable role.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:03 pm 
Sorry, new player here and I don't understand the significance of the number of clues at a kill site. Could someone please explain this to me? I looked at the rules but I'm still a bit confused.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:12 pm 
With the number of investigations claimed, there should have been 2 clues left. If there were 3, then the person killing regirock must either be an incompetent/noob mafia, or must be a serial killer. So I was surprised and thought it was worth posting about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:20 pm 
The way I interpret it
Clues = Number of serial killers alive+1
Game Start: 2 Serial Killers
What this means is that the max number of clues we could ever find were 3. If a serial killer makes the kill they can remove a clue, so if no serial killers have died we would expect to find 2 at each kill initially. If investigators consistently find 1 clue at kill site then this likely means that all serial killers are dead. Correct me if I am worng, but if a mafia makes a kill they cannot remove a clue. It is possible that serial killers could remove clues to make it look like there are less of them before investigators get to the kill site.
Investigators can only investigate a single kill equal to the number of clues they initially found at the kill site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:27 pm 
Mmkay thanks, that makes more sense

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:24 pm 
JABBERWOCKY SAYS FMAJLUF7 KILLED AUSTINFATHMAN

GUILTY INVESTIGATION!

LET'S LYNCH HER RIGHT AFTER KMUHLRAD.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:12 pm 
Investigator Rose Quartz says that fmajluf7 did not kill ltchin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:24 pm 
I'm suddenly magically proxying for Investigator Cuervo, who says fmajluf7 did not kill Lucy. OK, interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 pm 
JFK wants town to know that they found 2 clues at AustinFathman's death scene when they investigated, which suggests it may have been a serial killer kill.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:53 pm 
lzahray wrote:
JFK wants town to know that they found 2 clues at AustinFathman's death scene when they investigated, which suggests it may have been a serial killer kill.

That's... interesting. I still think fmajluf is much more likely mafia though (the ltchin thing, another mafia lying to cover up for her, etc.).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:00 pm 
I was in a proxy chain with Pravinas, so I will now be proxying for investigator Sherlock.