Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:16 pm 
(Wow I'm quite paranoid now that Jakob is dead... So I'm going to dump all my suspicions here.)

Starting new thread to capture more attention to what I feel like are the most likely important investigations to do. Please continue using the main investigation thread for actual investigation reporting and general comments, but post here for specific comments on these things. These are definitely not the only (or necessarily even first) people we should investigate, but they are ones we should CERTAINLY not just ignore/forget/pass over.

As a summary, investigations that could still be quite important to try (please don't take this personally! Just being careful here):

For AustinFathman:
fmajluf7. ltchin suggested this here, pointing out fmajluf7 was close to the kill site; see fmajluf7's defence. Note that ltchin died later that night after the suggestion died down. In addition, there is the fact that fmajluf7 was one of the few people who, being alive at game end, interacted a lot with AustinFathman (through forums) during the IAP game, so it would sort of make sense for her to think of him as one of the first potential kill targets. Again, this isn't super strong, and there are plenty of other unalibi'd people, but I would give this investigation pretty high priority. If this comes out innocent, people alone at EC should probably be next in line to be investigated.

For ksedlar
inisley. Ideally lilychen will do this for us. The advantage is that 1) If lilychen refuses to do the investigation, we know she's mafia-aligned. If she does the investigation and claims an innocent result, we can spare lynching inisley altogether. If she does the investigation and claims a guilty result, by lynching lilychen, we either lynch a mafia or know FOR SURE that a frame has been used once we lynch both people. There's no reason for her not to comply if she's town-aligned. More details later if I survive.

For Jakob
jhgilles. Jakob messaged that he was with jhgilles (and no other mafia players) early on during the 6.01 staff meeting, and then was killed two hours later, still during the staff meeting. I'm not that confident in Jakob's paranoia texting skills, but I think it's much more likely to be jhgilles than someone who randomly walked in and killed him. We should, of course, see what jhgilles says about other people who may have been seen in the area around that time.

For tsims
Opinions not so well formed yet, but someone suggested sashacf; for this one probably just check the alibis sheet and such.

For Daniel Grazian
Possibly AdamYedidia, but I think this is most likely not necessary anymore given yesterday's four deaths (very hard to happen without a hitman or days of trapsetting).

For ltchin
No idea, if lilychen and inisley actually both came up innocent...

Sorry these aren't as useful as they could be; hopefully we get some positive results soon. Mafia only has 1 frame total, so we should be safe-ish soon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 pm 
I would suggest investigating fmajluf7 for the death of ltchin. She's one of the few people without a good alibi and with access to random and active enough to go to random to kill.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:27 pm 
Ok, that was another one I had in mind, but I left it out because I thought it was much weaker than fmajluf-> fathman. I agree that it should be done though

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:33 pm 
I think investigating jhgilles should be the top priority, although fmajluf is also worth investigating.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:36 pm 
Is lilychen really the best choice to investigate me for ksedlar's death? I find it very hard to believe that she is really desperado, given that she's one of the few people who could have reasonably made the kill, and that two investigations came up saying that she was guilty. Since it's so likely that she's mafia aligned we probably can't trust any investigations she makes, and she would probably want to claim that I'm guilty regardless just to make it look like she was more likely to have been framed. I do want to be investigated for ksedlar soon so that can be cleared up, but I think it would be better for a random investigator to investigate me for that death, because lilychen's investigations are not very reliable, especially for a death she's so connected to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:46 pm 
I'll comment more after I get out of class, but I'll probably investigate Ishara for killing Katie later tonight. My hands are kind of tied since I'm under a lot of suspicion, and it's not like people would believe me on any other investigation anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:52 pm 
fmajluf7 just came up as innocent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 pm 
I agree with inisley. She may be suspect but there a few reasons why another suspect should not be the one to investigate another. Can someone other than lilychen do that investigation? It still needs to harm but we can't let a lily clear her own name. It's too sketch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:32 pm 
If lily says inisley did not make the kill then we know for sure inisley is innocent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:34 pm 
If Lily says Ishara made the kill, then we probably ignore her, but maybe suspect Ishara enough to check the result.
If Lily says Ishara didn't make the kill, then we know Ishara didn't make the kill.
If Lily says someone else is innocent, we don't know if they're innocent.
If Lily says someone else is guilty, we don't know if they're guilty.

The only way we get information with Lily's investigation is by having her investigate Ishara.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:41 pm 
aok wrote:
If Lily says Ishara made the kill, then we probably ignore her, but maybe suspect Ishara enough to check the result.
If Lily says Ishara didn't make the kill, then we know Ishara didn't make the kill.
If Lily says someone else is innocent, we don't know if they're innocent.
If Lily says someone else is guilty, we don't know if they're guilty.

The only way we get information with Lily's investigation is by having her investigate Ishara.

Yup. Basically this reasoning. I'm going to do the investigation shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:55 pm 
Alrighty, so Ishara didn't kill Katie.

It still wasn't me, but I don't see why anyone would believe me. Go ahead and lynch me, *sigh*.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:11 pm 
I've PM'd Ishara (who proxied for the investigator last night who checked Katie's death), as well as one other person, with the number of clues I found at the scene of Katie's death. If this number is corroborated by Ishara's investigator, I think that means that I'm epsilon less likely to be mafia. I could still be a serial killer, and I think it's probably town's best play to lynch me tonight no matter what I say, but just thought I'd put that out there because it's still information that might be beneficial to town.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:33 pm 
aok wrote:
fmajluf7 just came up as innocent.

aok, just to clarify, this is just a repost of the fmajluf7 -> AustinFathman investigation, not a fmajluf7 -> ltchin investigation, right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:42 pm 
Correct, this is just a repost.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:54 pm 
If lilychen is mafia, then either another mafia was running around and killed ltchin, or aok is mafia and covered for her. Aok being mafia also means he didn't actually tase her and she can still make kills today.

If lilychen is not mafia, then she was framed. She makes sense as a frame target. If she's town, then I think that should cast suspicion on arkadiyf, isaacg, and myself. None of us made the kill but I don't think mafia would have come over without having a scout. The three of us were also the only players who knew we'd be in BH Lounge for ~90 minutes.

Things to consider.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:29 pm 
So I was previously proxy for ksedlar, but I have another investigator I'm proxying for now. Dipper II says that jhgilles killed Jakob!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:18 pm 
Well, looks like that's at least 2 of these taken care of... We'll have to hear back about the jhgilles kill before we draw any conclusions though.

This is now almost certainly useless, but when I asked lilychen who she suspected/trusted, she said Isaac seems innocent, Lucy seemed less innocent than she usually does to her, and Ishara she thinks is innocent now that she's turned up innocent for Katie's kill. I'd bet these are generated to sound vaguely reasonable, to confuse town about her intentions. So let's not think about them too much :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:20 am 
Ok, so fmajluf7 -> ltchin, kmulrad -> Jakob, sashacf -> tsims are the ones remaining that have been mentioned so far. These definitely aren't the only ones to try though. If we trust aok and his vig, we know frame has already been used, so we can safely investigate away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:50 pm 
I would suggest Trek -> regirock and rsridhar -> regirock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:43 pm 
Given that Trek says

Trek wrote:
I talked to regirock's suitemates sarah and shivani who say they witnessed the kill and they say that kmuhlrad did it.

Can we investigate this to confirm?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm 
Wheeeelp all of these deaths were so screwed with

Deaths from OP:
AustinFathman done-ish (fmajluf7, probably)
Daniel Grazian done (AdamYedidia, hitman)
ksedlar done (lilychen, not framed)

Not done:
Jakob :'( (apparently NOT jhgilles, who WAS framed)
ltchin (very likely related to suspecting fmajluf7, but unclear if by her. Unlikely unless one of these was a trap?)
tsims (no idea, though fmajluf now seems possible)

Deaths since then:
Regirock done (kmuhlrad)
Lucy not done (possibly fmajluf if mafia went by the have-one-person-make-most-kills strategy)

Oh I guess this is all in the spreadsheet, but condensing things can be helpful sometimes, I think.