Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 pm 
Nicole wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Makes more sense to me to first lynch JY and then Di, given my scenario #3 from above. It's possible that JY is mafia and Di is a townsperson, but the opposite is very unlikely.

Actually, I take that back. Scenario #4: JY really is the investigator, Di is mafia but allying herself with the real investigator because she's super-sneaky and we would never suspect it?

Wait, I didn't think this through. If JY is investigator, Vivian is mafia - scenario #4 would make Di *and* Vivian mafia. That makes no sense, seeing as they're both trying to get the other one lynched. So going back to what I said before, JY needs to be lynched before Di.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:02 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
jayarsea wrote:
Actually, I don't really want to prevent the worst case. I've assigned a sufficiently low probability to it that I do not believe it is likely. Maximin kinda sucks. Besides, order doesn't matter if we follow through. Furthermore, I'd rather not lynch one of JY/Di, have you kill the other shortly after night, and then lynch you.
Order don't matter so long as we followthrough.

(For pete's sakes, if you want, send someone to watch me to make sure I don't make a kill if that makes you feel better.)

The only reason I have an issue with this is that if I am lynched, then JY/Di basically have a formed bond and can say whatever they want about anyone, provided you actually believe she's the investigator, AND it gives one of them as mafia the chance to make another kill (most likely Di, since if JY counterclaimed she wouldn't). If I end up dying and you do not follow through with lynching one of them I will be very pissed.

If we're citing that occasion of Random table mafia, did you not also say that Alex's counterclaim as investigator eventually led you guys (as mafia) to win the game? You should know that it's possible to be done and done well.

Nope. We lost. We got down to "mislynch and mafia wins", but kenneth kludgite trusted di so we lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:29 pm 
I didnt know that people are going to suspect me to be the mafia and this much 0_0. I have alliabi tho. Yesterday I was hanging out at new house with some friends from 10 something to 12:30 around. I was in the room the whole time, not even a bathroom break. I can give names if people are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:31 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
jayarsea wrote:
If we're citing that occasion of Random table mafia, did you not also say that Alex's counterclaim as investigator eventually led you guys (as mafia) to win the game? You should know that it's possible to be done and done well.

No, JRC and Alex lost that game (though it was very, very close).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
VivianLee wrote:
jayarsea wrote:

No, JRC and Alex lost that game (though it was very, very close).

Sorry, screwed up the quoting in that post. :P

I'm going over to sign the petition right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
you kind of screwed up that quote.

I didn't actually say what you quoted, vivian did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:43 pm 
I'm going to list my day by day investigations.

Day1 - No investigation
I actually tried to investigate daniel for laura's kill, but I couldn't because I haven't been to the crime scene (I didn't know about the new rule until Alex told me I can't investigate)

Day2 - no investigation - same reason..didn't have time to go to random.

Day3 - investigated if Daniel Grazian killed laura - answer was NO

Day4 - investigated if fluffy killed laura - answer was YES
- this was the day when JJ came out as the investigator after i made a positive investigation, i told her, the only person i trusted, to cover up for me and come out as the investigator and lynch fluffy

Day5 - investigated if fluffy killed mika - answer was YES
- altho we already knew fluffy was the mafia, i still made this investigation because kate has been going around saying that she's the investigator and she investigated if fluffy killed mika and the answer was NO. this proved that kate was lying and she's the mafia.

Day6 - investigated if fluffy killed kaima - answer was NO
- Kaima was killed at the gas station, I investigated Fluffy for her kill because I thought Fluffy killed Kaima and I want to test if manipulation of press was used, plus that day I didn’t have the evidence about any other kill

Day7 and 8 - no investigation because I haven't been to the crime scene and I didn't have time to because i was busy working on my python project

Day 9 - Investigated if Gabriel killed jason chiu - answer was NO
- i didn't read the forum and i was busy with UROP and coding, so i asked Jj who i should investigate and she said gabriel, but after i investigated him, JJ messaged me and said she made a mistake because she didn't read the forum well, and told me to investigate vivian after midnight.

Day 10 - Investigated if Vivian killed JJ - answer was YES

Now i've provided my detailed day by day investigation.
It's so obvious now that VIVIAN is the mafia and di and I are the innocent ones. No matter what, we have to lynch VIVIAN tonight.

also, i don't know if you guys noticed, but during the table mafia game at random, jj and I kept exchangin my laptop and this is because I was making the investigation on fluffy's kill on laura to confirm that kate was lying, so i made the investigation and then i told jj the result through email, so she can tell the others and post on the forum.
Nicole can vouch for this, if she still remembers, (or anyone else that noticed) that jj and i kept exchanging my laptop throughout the table mafia game.

Also, there is NO WAY both di and I are mafias because if we are both mafias, there is NO WAY JJ would have stayed alive for THIS LONG. ther eare sooooooo many opportunities for us to kill her or for me to kill her. I could have just killed her early on in the game and then come out as the real investigator, which would be more credible than coming out this late.
Also, why did JJ trust me so much? it's because she KNEW i was the REAL investigator and she's covering up for me.

it's just SO OBVIOUS now that vivian is the mafia. look at how hard she's tryign to argue, tryign to sound reasonable and make all of you guys believe her, using the whole mathematical reasoning. ALL just BS!

so everyone, if you don't want the mafias to win this game, LYNCH VIVIAN tonight. I am the investigator, keeping me in the game will ONLY BENEFIT the townspeople.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:
If my interpretation of the rules is correct, Fake IDs can elect a mayor. (It only requires 5 valid signatures.).
Fake ID's cannot sign for Mayor. Petitions are a completely separate mechanic from voting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:58 pm 
jy wrote:
*snip*

Keeping you in the game might benefit the townspeople, which is why I'm not going to vote to lynch you immediately. However, it is entirely possible that you're lying, so I can't dismiss the possibility that you're mafia - and if you are, you're now the most dangerous player in game. As a safety precaution, it's best to lynch Vivian, then Di, then JY. We'll be down to eight players by then, six assuming the mafia make two more kills in the next two days. There's a fair chance we'll have wiped out the mafia at that point, and if not then we'll certainly be running out of suspects.

Now, like I said before (it was buried under the back-and-forth wanking), I want to run for mayor to replace JB. I'll walk around with the petition in a little bit, who is willing and where can I find you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:32 pm 
After talking to JY, I trust her. I will be voting for Vivian today and we will see what tomorrow brings.

I also signed the petition a little while ago, bringing it to six signatures, so JB will be impeached before the end of the day (assuming the petition is successfully submitted to Alex).

Unless I missed something, I do not see why we have reason to vote for Brian as our new mayor. The "failed attack" on him sounds extremely suspicious. He will need to convince me in person that the attack took place, otherwise I will not be giving him my signature for mayor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:49 pm 
I will not be signing his petition (or anyone's) because there is no particularly good reason to have a mayor.

Vivian, JY's post is very incriminating.

JY, your proof of investigatorship is useless if JJ was actually the investigator and she trusted you. Saying you could have killed JJ earlier is pointless. Why would you kill off someone who trusted you?

I'll be voting for Vivian with what I assume is my 1 vote.

Yay Packet handout tonight!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:55 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
Quote:
She agreed and told di and joy to vote for fluffy quickly. joy and di can both vouch for this.

Why is it then that Joy posted earlier today saying that she didn't know you were covering for JJ? Now that JJ's dead you can say anything you want and no one would be able to verify anything.

She meant that I was there when JJ told us to vote for fluffy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
After talking to JY, I trust her. I will be voting for Vivian today and we will see what tomorrow brings.

I also signed the petition a little while ago, bringing it to six signatures, so JB will be impeached before the end of the day (assuming the petition is successfully submitted to Alex).

Unless I missed something, I do not see why we have reason to vote for Brian as our new mayor. The "failed attack" on him sounds extremely suspicious. He will need to convince me in person that the attack took place, otherwise I will not be giving him my signature for mayor.

Very well. Daniel Gray (a non-player) was a witness to the attack and can testify that it happened. So were Brogan and Krueger, but both of them are ghosts and thus probably can't be witnesses, but I have Brogan's written letter of apology.

JB Parkes wrote:
will not be signing his petition (or anyone's) because there is no particularly good reason to have a mayor.

Fair enough. Honestly, after reconsidering, I don't want to run for mayor that badly, and honestly I don't want to go outside again today with the streets like this, so I withdraw my self-nomination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 pm 
I trust JY. I don't see her as the type of person who would plan to pull off something quite this elaborate, and also, I'm pretty sure JJ would have known if she was lying. I've also had many conversations with JJ before to her declaration that she's the investigator where she told me she didn't have any special roles, and I thought she was convincing.

I'm voting vivian. Also, won't be getting out of lab in time to sign the petition... but gl guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 pm 
I'm now convinced more than ever that the kill outside SidPac was Vivian trying to frame me for murder. Sorry Vivian, but that's not cool. I vote Vivian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 pm 
Like I said, I don't know Vivian or JY well enough to make a decision based on personal experience. However, since I already declared my suggestion for who to lynch, voting Vivian as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 pm 
I have the petition. I am in Boston right now and will be back around 10pm to turn it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:04 pm 
i have no more money on my charliecard and don't have my wallet. i am going to start walking back from boston. it doesn't take 2 hrs to get from chinatown to mit, so i will get the petition in before midnight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 pm 
i lied, i found enough cash+coins in my bag to make it back to mit on the T. will let you guys know when the petition is submitted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:35 pm 
glad to hear it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 am 
vivian just called with jason chiu's phone
and told me that she can't get the petition to alex before midnight and wanted me to go outside to get it from her before midnight or else she'll be dead (lynched)

that was very suspicious

and just now she and jason came knocking on my door
but i didn't open it, and told them to slide the peition under my door.
so yeah, now i have the petition

but what vivian did was very suspicisou...i feel maybe she has the other mafia w/her and wanted to kill me right after midnight
cuz she knocked on my door RIGHT at midnight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am 
That is odd. Who else is left in Next now? Just you, Joy, and Di, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:15 am 
yes
and vivian and jason r currently hiding somewhere in the 4E lounge
so they can kill me when i come out of my room

i'm guessing jason is the hired hitman since he knows really well how i look

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4