Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 Death 4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:03 pm 
Lily Chen was hiding in her sturdy iron plate house. Her sisters Lilly and Katie had both lost their homes and their lives to the Big Bad Pig. Lilly had a lovely brick cottage, but the Big Bad Pig had used a sledgehammer to bring it down on her head. Katie’s house had been reinforced cement, but it had not held up to the onslaught of the jackhammer the Big Bad Pig had brought. And now, Lily sat, teacup nearly spilling from her trembling hand, waiting to see what the Big Bad Pig had in store for her.
The Big Bad Pig huffed and it puffed, but it did little more than make the barbed wire surrounding the property tremble a bit. But it wasn’t called the Big Bad Pig for nothing. It took out a stick of dynamite, tossed a blanket over the barbed wire and hopped the fence, then placed the dynamite at the base of the iron building. Lighting a long fuse, the Big Bad Pig ran far away behind a rock and plugged its ears.
“In 3…. 2….. 1…..” BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. And nothing was left of Lily Chen but a cracked china teacup.

lilychen was found dead in her room at Random at 11:00pm

Day has been extended until midnight, 12:00am.

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Death 4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:03 pm 
Multiple players witnessed this kill being made by justinej, who is a vigilante. No need for alibis.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 pm 
So.. Who do we lynch now?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:05 pm 
OK I got my kill back. Yay :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:08 pm 
inisley wrote:
So.. Who do we lynch now?

One of the inactives, maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 pm 
While I understand that inactives aren't really contributing to town, if we lynch them we run the risk of killing a townie and making our numbers worse. Wouldn't it be better just to no lynch since both of our targets were vig killed, unless the innocent child network manages to suggest a lynch target somehow?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:17 pm 
Also, I might be wrong but it seems like lynching inactives is actually worse because mafia are more likely to be active since their fellow mafia would poke them into being more active. So it seems like by lynching a random inactive we're very likely just lynching a townie and giving mafia a free kill on a townie that might be harder to find because they're inactive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 pm 
Turns out random lynches are actually better for town than no lynch, but provably random selection is not permitted in the rules and mafia have a lot of capacity to bias town's "random" lynches. This is why the IC network is valuable -- they can make a mostly unbiased selection and dictate the lynch.

Also, in the long run unless inactives become active they're as useless as dead. They don't make lynch votes and they don't use their powers or their objects.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 pm 
I think we should lynch people who haven't posted any alibis, so that a mafia can't hide by not giving alibis, and then we will eventually be able to assume that everyone will post an alibi.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:25 pm 
robibhat seems like a reasonably good target -- an inactive (no alibis, no forum posts but an intro, no lynch votes) and has the medkit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 pm 
robibhat intro here:

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=3494&start=30#p29432

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:34 pm 
++ jessk, at least until we find a good mafia target, all of town should independently select one person from a list of players who haven't posted an alibi to lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm 
That might lead to ties though. We don't want accidental ties.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:38 pm 
I propose jessk as a lynch target. ksedlar was suspicious of how active jessk has been in viewing the spreadsheet, and in voting on day 1. I want to hear other people's opinions on her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 pm 
I agree that we don't want ties. I think robibhat is a reasonable lynch.

About lynching me, uh, don't? You can check the spreadsheet history and see that I was filling in a lot of info which is why I was on the spreadsheet a lot. I don't think a mafia would help the town spreadsheet so much when they probably have their own murder plot spreadsheet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:41 pm 
Do not lynch jessk. I do not find this unusual. It has been a pattern for her to grow more and more active as games go on.
Just because she is as active as the experienced players we should lynch her? That discourages anybody from wanting to change their
activity from previous games. Plus she was excited about mafia before the game even started.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:43 pm 
Quote:
she is as active as the experienced players

heyyy, I've played like at least 6 games right? At what point does one become "experienced"? :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:45 pm 
robibhat seems reasonable, but also as has been pointed out, he is probably not mafia. I'm sure his mafia bros would've made him be at least a little active to avoid being lynched like this.

So I think solely based on activity Jessk has a higher likelihood of being mafia. But I don't have any reason to be particularly suspicious of her, and I don't know that she's the best choice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:46 pm 
OK. I've been convinced by other people's arguments against jessk too.

If we're going to lynch an inactive, we should lynch michikyo. She's shown that she's a competent mafia. I highly suspect that she's unlikely to become active if she's a townie, but could actually hurt us if she's mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 pm 
I'd be down to lynch michikyo too if the good bros and broettes of t-square so desire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:53 pm 
Hey look, I'm here, being active!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 pm 
Oh my Kellena, this is so confusing.

I was planning to make this day the first time I actually voted, but I don't have any idea on who .___. So it'll have to be tomorrow. Sorry guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:56 pm 
Vote for michikyo, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 pm 
It's interesting that after making no forum posts michikyo responded to this thread within minutes. Did anyone contact her irl?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 pm 
I can be a useful townie I swear. I'm honored that you think I'm a dangerous enough mafia member to sacrifice.

Oh, and anpere contacted me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:59 pm 
Also, I've been lynch voting, so I have done something

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:22 pm 
I was in my room in Simmons working on 6.042.