Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sketchy things thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:50 pm 
Post here to say that someone did something sketchy, even if you think they still might be innocent.

Big things include:
I saw this person where I didn't expect them to be, or in a suspicious location.
This person tried to find out my role.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:44 pm 
I think I just heard sammyluo tell jakob "I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse" and then counting "1...2...3..." (they were in jakob's room, which is right across the hall from my room). Not sure why they would do that in a way that I could hear it...Also sorry if I'm really bad at this game, I'm a humble noob.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:50 pm 
Haha yes, I was testing his reaction speed in sending me paranoia texts. I did not say the last words "you can't refuse," if you listened intently enough. And the "1,2,3" was followed by "mushroom."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:54 pm 
I still think this is sketchy af.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:58 pm 
OK sorry I will admit that I did not hear the words "you can't refuse". I omitted them in an earlier message, then deleted the whole thing because I was paranoid and then retyped the whole thing.
THIS WHOLE LIFE AND DEATH THING IS KINDA SCARY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:03 am 
No worries, you're doing a good townie's duty. Though if people actually think this is sketchy I can draw a few diagrams and compute the number of hours I've had to potentially conscript Jakob in private today, rather than standing outside his room shouting in :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 am 
Justine, were they shouting or talking in normal voices? If shouting/talking loud then I don't suspect sammy at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:33 am 
Given that Sammy was saying both part of a conscription incant and part of a killing incant, I don't think he was actually doing a game action. Also, I can totally see Sammy and Jakob doing some sort of reaction time practice like this...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:03 am 
Generally, saying part of a conscription or killing incant is considered "faking game actions", and is discouraged.

Touching people on the shoulder is about the only way to scare someone that is definitely allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:48 am 
^Yeah, I realized this afterwards... I'll try to avoid doing more silly stuff like this. I realize that similar kinds of joking were what led to arkadiyf (and possibly partially lgunder?) getting wrongly vig-killed during the IAP game.

Though, I did warn Jakob explicitly a short while before (before I left his room) that I was going to reaction-test him. I guess I'll find less ambiguously sketchy ways to do this in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 am 
Yeah they were talking pretty loudly, hence me being confused about why they would do something loudly enough for me to hear :P
Oops

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:01 am 
Sketchy thing:

I asked aok whether he hired a nearby NP to hitman me as a joke. He replied, "I didn't, but someone else might have." (Even though he claims hitman has been used.)

Aok ran over to tase lilychen immediately after inisley posted the positive investigation result on lilychen, despite inisley being also a heavy suspect.

He proposed that he should be impeached in a few days, which is sketchy in my opinion, since impeachments are highly correlated with mafia plots in historical data.

I don't know if this adds up to anything, just thought I'd post it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:56 am 
isaacg wrote:
I asked aok whether he hired a nearby NP to hitman me as a joke. He replied, "I didn't, but someone else might have." (Even though he claims hitman has been used.)

This was a joke.
isaacg wrote:
Aok ran over to tase lilychen immediately after inisley posted the positive investigation result on lilychen, despite inisley being also a heavy suspect.

I think there's no evidence for inisley being mafia, and lots of evidence for lilychen. Honestly, lilychen is probably rogue and can't make a kill today. However, tazing Lily was a clear choice at the time
isaacg wrote:
He proposed that he should be impeached in a few days, which is sketchy in my opinion, since impeachments are highly correlated with mafia plots in historical data.

I've consistently said this game that I think that mayors should be impeached and new ones re-elected frequently. I'm going to go around today to make sure that my impeachment petition is finished. I will also make sure that a new mayor is elected within 24 hours so we don't miss a day. I don't particularity see how getting myself impeached would be a good mafia play.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:38 am 
aok wrote:
Honestly, lilychen is probably rogue and can't make a kill today.

That reminds me, perhaps one investigator could report to their proxy the number of clues they found at ksedlar's kill site so that we know whether a serial killer destroyed a clue there? Or would this give mafia too much information?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:11 am 
Perhaps proxies should be told how many clues were found and what time that was recorded and then they could reveal them at the same time. That might cast suspicion on any fake investigators who don't know what numbers they should be producing. The second bit of information might also give too much information to mafia. (I haven't looked at the rules hard enough and don't actually know how the clue system works)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:37 am 
I think it'll be too easy for mafia to find a way to fake it.

Honestly, I think the best way to use the information from the clue system is for the investigators not to tell anyone. They're townies, and hopefully they'll use the information to inform the relevant decisions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:30 pm 
It's kind of sketch that lilychen is so eager to investigate Ishara. Even if she is town a townie knows that for the benefit of town we need a very reliable investigation. Slash she just kinda plowed ahead about investigating Ishara even after Ishara pointed out the flawed logic in having a suspect for the same kill doing investigation. Aok also ignored that message.

Who we lynch is who we lynch. Lynching both of them might be easier idk. But this investigation structure is really flawed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:32 pm 
lily investigating ishara is correct play. We won't believe any other investigation that she does. We have strong reason to think she'll find ishara guilty. However, if she reports innocent, we actually gain some information.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:12 pm 
arkadiyf asked me my role, out of the blue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:22 pm 
aok is still alive. If he's town wouldn't mafia have killed him by now?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:29 pm 
This is a valid point. I think the same statement can be made about Lucy and isaacg.

I volunteer to be lynched tomorrow night. I claim to be town-aligned. It's better to have the town's trust until then than to confuse people with a debate over my innocence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:10 pm 
I will say I've been super hosed (as Sasha and pravina can tell) so I've been punting lecture to tool and either been at ET or holed up in the course 7 lounge. This would make me more difficult to kill than usual.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:25 pm 
I think it's very likely that aok got conscripted and we should therefore focus our investigations on kills that occurred before he became mayor.
we should also consider impeaching him asap, and checking him for kills.
Last night he was very strongly against starting an impeachment petition with the 4 people there. This strengthens by suspicions of him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 pm 
I was not by any means very strongly against starting an impeachment petition. 4 people out of 17 is barely a start on an impeachment petition, especially when it's 4 people that are likely to come to a meeting. The only reason I didn't start an impeachment petition was that I was frustrated at myself for leaving the one I started at ET with 3 signatures, and none of the players from ET came to the meeting (which I was sad about). Also, I was frustrated that so few people came to the meeting. I strongly support impeaching me. I promise that if you impeach me, I will make sure that a mayor is elected in time for us not to miss any investigations.

Also, the mayor comes up innocent for all kills, even ones they made before they were mayor. That's why we waited so long to submit the petition on day 1, in case anyone wanted to investigate me for those kills. No one did, though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:54 pm 
My two cents here: I was one of the 4 people at the meeting and can confirm that, after I asked about impeaching him, he seemed like he didn't want to talk about it. But then he explained all what he just said and looked very stressed about it. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. But I do believe that he just wants to help and is frustrated by our inactivity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:58 pm 
arkadiy can you explain why you asked for role info?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:26 am 
Kmuhlrad also reported Arkadiy --> tsims as innocent, and as Red reported Arkadiy --> AustinFathman as innocent. That might be significant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:36 am 
I'm going to give a (mild/moderate) public shoutout against isaacg, who was quick to assume fmajluf7 was the one who killed justinej, and put a red mark in the spreadsheet before any investigations had been made. This could've been an attempt to cover up for ara. It could also have been an innocent mistake. In any case, if isaacg and/or aok do not die within a few days, we should probably lynch them.

Still, someone should follow up with arkadiyf on reasons for his role-probing of isaacg. Don't just let it slide.

Lastly, I have received notification that at least one revealed mafia knows my role. This could've been a lucky guess, but there's also a decent chance that one of the people who might have easily guessed my role (the list has been sent to the IC network) is bad.

I'm so likely to die today that it's not even funny, but if for some reason I don't you guys should also get rid of me in at most 2-3 days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:56 am 
Additionally I think when Aok came to Simmons he mentioned that issacg and one other person were the two people that decided who police officer petitions should be made for. Given that we think one of them is mafia this is also sketchy. Aok can clarify/expand if he wishes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:58 am 
isaacg and Lucy were the ones who decided who police officer petitions were made for. I didn't really think about why they chose those people, but I had no one I preferred more, so I just passed them around.