Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 pm 
JB's right, if not sufficiently thorough. You should investigate each of the previous murders that don't have known perpetrators to find out which ones were done by Vivian, Fluffy and Kate. This will eventually leave you with some murders that were not committed by one of those three, hopefully, which will allow you to start looking for suspects who might have committed those murders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 pm 
So I've been wondering - assuming Vivian is really mafia, why would she tie herself to JB (by not turning into the petition) right before she got lynched? JB was one of the first people to vote against Vivian, it's not like letting him keep his extra votes would help her out (unless she thought that things might magically point to someone else and he might change his vote), so either a) he's mafia and Vivian made a really dumb move by allying herself with him or b) Vivian realized that her lynch was a sure thing and decided to drag down an innocent player with her to distract us from lynching a real mafia member today (and I suppose there's possibility c, that Vivian was never mafia and we all got played by JY and Di - but I doubt it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 pm 
that will just take FOREVER and by the time i finish investigating each of the confirmed mafias on each of the previous murders that don't have a known perpetrator, all the townsppl would have been killed already.
right now, the only murders that i know for sure who the killer is is laura's murder (done by fluffy), mika (done by fluffy), and JJ (done by vivian)
there are 6 more kills that were made that i dont know who the killler is, so for me to go through each known mafias on all the remaining unkonwn kills will TAKE FOREVER!

you guys do realize how i can only make one investigation per day and with only 10 players left in the game, i simply do NOT have the time to do what JB parkes and brian suggested.
only mafias would suggest this strategy to prolong the time it takes for me to find the remaining mafias by wasting my investigations.

the fact that JB parkes even suggested this makes him even more suspicious and brian, the fact that you are agreeing with him makes you suspicious, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 pm 
jy wrote:
jayarsea wrote:
Haitao Mao the SC2 player? Neat.

LOOOOOL yeaah. altho i know nothing about SC except that there r 4 races lol

yeah, also voting for JB parkes tonight, unless something else comes up

3 races*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 pm 
Can't slow the progress train down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
jy wrote:
jayarsea wrote:
Haitao Mao the SC2 player? Neat.

LOOOOOL yeaah. altho i know nothing about SC except that there r 4 races lol

yeah, also voting for JB parkes tonight, unless something else comes up

3 races*

...=.= oooooops i fail =.=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 pm 
jy wrote:
that will just take FOREVER and by the time i finish investigating each of the confirmed mafias on each of the previous murders that don't have a known perpetrator, all the townsppl would have been killed already.
right now, the only murders that i know for sure who the killer is is laura's murder (done by fluffy), mika (done by fluffy), and JJ (done by vivian)
there are 6 more kills that were made that i dont know who the killler is, so for me to go through each known mafias on all the remaining unkonwn kills will TAKE FOREVER!

you guys do realize how i can only make one investigation per day and with only 10 players left in the game, i simply do NOT have the time to do what JB parkes and brian suggested.
only mafias would suggest this strategy to prolong the time it takes for me to find the remaining mafias by wasting my investigations.

the fact that JB parkes even suggested this makes him even more suspicious and brian, the fact that you are agreeing with him makes you suspicious, too.

It's not fast, certainly, but it's thorough. It's also going to take significantly less time than checking randomly, especially since most of the murders were at Random and thus probably either Kate (after day 3) or Fluffy. However, you are correct that it might take too long if we continue to get killed off. With no other leads, my only other suggestion is to take a look at some of the players who've barely or not at all contributed on the forums, as it's likely there's at least one mafia who's been completely quiet so as to slip under the radar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 pm 
It's also possible that we just haven't had any murders by anyone other than Random/NextHouse people.

PS: Investigator can investigate nonplayers (and dead people) to see if they were hired as hitmen if they successfully make a kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:35 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
It's also possible that we just haven't had any murders by anyone other than Random/NextHouse people.

Unfortunately also true, and in fact it's the most likely situation. By having one or two mafia "in reserve", not committing murders until the active mafia are all gone, it prevents the investigator from picking up on them. That's actually a much more fatal flaw in the strategy JB proposed than I had realized - it's not only possible but likely that all the previous murders were committed by already known or lynched mafia, in which case the strategy would provide no clear advantage. Never mind it, then, it's ineffective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm 
Although, JY, if you don't have any clear leads by the end of the day, there's one investigation I've been curious about since it happened. Did mats actually kill dgrazian on Day 6, or was he just crazy? You never investigated this murder, and if it turns out mats did kill dgrazian, we'll know we're down four mafia instead of three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Although, JY, if you don't have any clear leads by the end of the day, there's one investigation I've been curious about since it happened. Did mats actually kill dgrazian on Day 6, or was he just crazy? You never investigated this murder, and if it turns out mats did kill dgrazian, we'll know we're down four mafia instead of three.

I actually suspect Vivian (possibly texted by Kate who was playing Munchkin, IIRC) may have been guilty of this. Vivian missed tablemafia which was unusual and had an unverifiable alibi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
I actually suspect Vivian (possibly texted by Kate who was playing Munchkin, IIRC) may have been guilty of this. Vivian missed tablemafia which was unusual and had an unverifiable alibi.

Interesting. Well, it's not critical to check, certainly, just thought it might be better than a shot in the dark.

If we're looking for people who haven't been active, has Ami posted on the forum at all during the whole game? I know I mentioned her in my story with Kate, but I only heard her being warded off through the door, I never actually saw her go into Black Hole. It's possible she was mafia and thus had no reason to fear Kate. As usual, this is not yet a formal accusation, but I think we should do a check on her voting history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 pm 
Okay, the last time Ami voted was on Day 7, when the vote was split roughly evenly between Brogan and Kate. She voted for Kate, who wasn't lynched that day, but since then she's dropped entirely off the map. In other words, it's unfortunately inconclusive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:05 pm 
I would give her a free-pass for now. If kills stop now that Vivian/Fluffy/Kate are dead, we'll have to take a closer look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 pm 
Yeah, I'm rather suspicious of Ami right now - she lives in Random, so she's had the opportunity to commit a lot of the murders that have gone down, yet she hasn't said a word. Unless she comes forward and says something to defend herself soon, I may have to put in my vote for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:12 pm 
After saying that I realize she only voted one or two times and has never posted.

As much as that makes me mad...it would be consistent with something I heard...that Ami was pressured by her friends to sign up and play.

I've sent her a prodding PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:13 pm 
The following people are people I trust or people that I have been told to trust by people that I trust (one degree of trust separation, so to speak):

Di
Hilary.Monaco
Jayarsea
Joy
jy
Mark Velednitsky

(note: they are in alphabetical order)

By extension, it means I am looking to learn more about:

AmiGreene
Brian Iglesias
JB Parkes
Nicole

I suppose a free pass on Ami would be acceptable, for now. I think today's and tomorrow's murders will be very telling. In the mean time, I am unsure of how to vote. Unfortunately, I will be out from 3 to 10, but I will focus on making my decision as soon as I get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 pm 
Hey guys. I've gotten a few messages about this today, so I figured I would post. I haven't been posting because I've been really stressed lately and just haven't had the time or energy to pay much attention to Mafia. If you want to lynch me, that's cool, cause it would be kinda nice not having this wafting up in the rafters, but probably not the optimal choice for you *shrug*. Just my .02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:56 pm 
AmiGreene wrote:
Hey guys. I've gotten a few messages about this today, so I figured I would post. I haven't been posting because I've been really stressed lately and just haven't had the time or energy to pay much attention to Mafia. If you want to lynch me, that's cool, cause it would be kinda nice not having this wafting up in the rafters, but probably not the optimal choice for you *shrug*. Just my .02.

*sigh* Well, that doesn't really give us any information at all. Sounds genuine, and from what you other Randomites have said I'm inclined to believe her - but then again, wouldn't she say the exact same thing if she was mafia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:59 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
The following people are people I trust or people that I have been told to trust by people that I trust (one degree of trust separation, so to speak):

Di
Hilary.Monaco
Jayarsea
Joy
jy
Mark Velednitsky

Just out of curiousity, why are these people trustworthy? I understand JY and Di, given that they went up against Vivian and she seemed pretty suspect, and of course you would list yourself as trustworthy - but why Hilary, JRC, and Joy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:18 pm 
Randomly encountered Vivian on the Tech Shuttle.

Glad that didn't happen earlier in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:26 pm 
There's still a plausibility that JY + Di = mafiascum, but I don't think so.

JY & Di may be a little too trusting for my taste, but the bottom of their barrel matches my intuition, so I'm going along with it.

As for Marc, no idea why he's gettin' told to trust people. I thought I was the information hub.

PS: Politician, you should claim to me/Di/JY if you are out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 pm 
I request that if you see another player who does not live in your dorm in your dorm, that you announce it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 pm 
I'll be at the Go workshop until 10, so I won't be checking the forum. Please call me if something happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm 
Hmm... the forum's been incredibly silent - we've got an hour to go (assuming the mafia doesn't make a kill soon - then we have two) and I have no clue who to vote for.

JY, any interesting news on the investigation front?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:11 pm 
Unfortunately, I've heard nothing about them either.

I'm voting for JB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 pm 
no news..
i've already used my investigation for today, so i can't do anything until after midnight.

also, my friends told me that they spotted jason lurking around in my wing again tonight. i'm hiding somewhere right now, until after midnight at least.

so you guys should all be careful because he might go kill someone else when he realizes he can't kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm 
My girlfriend was reading as I typed (on facebook) about how paranoid I am. She tapped me on the shoulder and said "Bang!" (I've explained to her the rules of the game.)
I said "Really? Realllllly?"
She said "No!" and giggled.

: O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:33 pm 
Announcement: Hilary Monaco is killed at 11:08 PM in McCormick outside the third-floor elevator.

As this happened after 11PM, the day extends to 1AM. Votes are due then, Mafia regain their power to kill then, and Investigator regains the power to Investigate then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 pm 
Alex wrote:
Announcement: Hilary Monaco is killed at 11:08 PM in McCormick outside the third-floor elevator.

As this happened after 11PM, the day extends to 1AM. Votes are due then, Mafia regain their power to kill then, and Investigator regains the power to Investigate then.

She is the only player in McCormick, yes? Makes me think that it was a female murderer, since it's much easier for them to get there... then again, I suppose it's another "wine in front of you" scenario.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next