Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 planning
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:09 am 
Alex, apparently Lane is at EC tonight. If you can get away with killing him at EC tonight, please do. Also, let's make you the don before you make your first kill.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 planning
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:13 am 
Are you going to be free to make any kills during the day today?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:31 am 
We might want to frame Miranda for killing Lucy. She had the sketchiest alibi. Too bad she'll probably be the first person to investigate it, as mayor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 am 
Alright, going to go ahead and frame Miranda for killing Lucy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:40 am 
I suspect that fmajluf is an innocent child or gay knight, based on her offer to role claim. It sounded like she was pretty sure role claiming would exonerate her. If nothing better comes up tonight, let's try to slaughter the weak on her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:22 am 
Alex, please let me know when you'd be free to make a kill today. On second thought, I don't think I should kill Lane tonight. I already told Daniel before game started that I'd be hanging out with him at ADPhi tonight. If you have an opportunity to make a kill at EC, go ahead and do it. If we can coordinate it, it would also be cool if you could kill Lane as he's leaving ADPhi tonight.

Also, I'm going to take a wild guess that Miranda is probably an investigator or superhero. If nothing better comes up tonight, I'd also like to go ahead and try Set a Trap on her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:54 am 
I'll probably be available around 7ish and later (unless someone happens to walk by MGH).

I would be down for ambushing Lane as he leaves ADPhi - do we know whether he has a medkit?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:56 am 
Are any investigators planning to investigate Miranda?

If there are, we might want to wait to set a trap on her. I support trying to slaughter fmajluf, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:09 am 
To clarify, have you guys already decided on making asjm Don? If so we'll update that on the webapp for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:11 am 
Pretty sure Lane doesn't have a medkit. Let's actually try to do it when he arrives. Can you stake out ADP around 7:45-8 and kill him with a bang when he goes in? Don't worry about NPs. If we time it right, I can get a receipt from the liquor store as an alibi. If we do this, you should probably text me right after you kill him so I can get timing right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:14 am 
Yeah that sounds good, let's make asjm the don.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am 
Oh, BTW, you guys get CCTV 2 from Lucy's death (not reflected in the webapp because of the hitman kill).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:34 am 
Cool. Pretty sure we want to destroy it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:37 am 
Which direction will he be coming from?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:42 am 
Almost certainly from the direction of main campus. He'll also probably be coming with NPs, but don't worry about them. It's unlikely that any players will be able to track them down. If we don't manage to catch him then, we can always try to get him after he leaves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 pm 
I'll be waiting for him.

If that doesn't work (or she happens to be an innocent child), I can probably get Franchi as she leaves ballroom.

Also, assuming I don't get lynched tonight, I might be getting back from work early tomorrow. Anyone I can kill around campus during normal work hours?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:15 pm 
Hm, if you're don we don't necessarily want you to be making too many kills. I'll try to make a kill tonight if we happen to guess right on Francesca or Miranda. I could try to catch her after ice skating.

We also need to kill dgrazian soon. It'll be hard for me to make kills while avoiding his suspicion because we live together. I might just kill him tomorrow, even if it makes me look ridiculously guilty, if we think we can make an endgame push after tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 pm 
Ok, Slaughter the Weak on fmajluf7 failed. Oh well. It was worth a try.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 pm 
Oh darn, we apparently also don't have scheme. That changes things...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:07 pm 
Hey asjm, they're throwing your name out as a good candidate for mayor or police officer. If you can make it to the meeting at 6 today, you should definitely try to get yourself elected. Either position would be great.

If you can't make it, you should still post in the town square that you'd be willing to be elected to either position.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:19 pm 
I'll try. If I don't get elected, I can still drop a hint to investigate mgavrin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:21 pm 
(also, the conversation is making her sound suspicious, which is nice. Does she have an alibi for tonight?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:29 pm 
Alright. Also I realized that the timing of the meeting might conflict with killing Lane. So use your judgement, but probably prioritize killing Lane, and maybe try to have a reasonable alibi for that time. (Like tell people at the meeting you have to run to go meet some NPs, and have that be your alibi later.) Hopefully suspicion will be on me for Lane's death, and you'll evade scrutiny. But even if you get investigated that's ok, since you're don.

Try not to be too obvious about pointing fingers at Miranda. People have gotten caught in the past for pushing too strongly for a probably-framed investigation.

If one of us becomes a possible lynch target, we can probably convince town that lynching without hard evidence is dangerous. Dgrazian agrees with this too, I think. The game starts out as 7 town - 2 mafia, and assuming we get 2 kills today, we're at 5 town - 2 mafia. If the town mis-lynches, it'll be 4 town - 2 mafia, which is pretty dire if mafia get another 2-kill day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:30 pm 
And no, I don't have any particular reason to believe that Miranda will have a good alibi for Lane.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:38 pm 
Another thing to think about for tonight: You should try to find Ama or tsims at EC and try to trade your receiver for an item and/or role information.

Assuming we manage to get Lane, I'll bring up the point that the first 2 murders have both been people holding CCTVs, and the mafia are likely targeting item holders in order to make the cameras and microphone useless. This would be a good excuse for you to want to hand off your receiver.

The taser is probably more dangerous to us than the shovel, so try to trade it for tsims's taser if you can. It doesn't seem like either of them is paying a huge amount of attention to game. If you can get any sort of role information out of them that would be great too.

We really want to be able to make a Set a Trap kill tomorrow, especially on someone physically accessible, so Ama or tsims would be a good target.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:47 pm 
I got a text from Francesca, in response to a PM I sent her earlier basically saying that I believed her and think that someone (maybe Miranda?) might have slipped into ET to kill Lucy:
"I think it was actually pretty easy for someone to slip in. Lucy was alone in front rooms and only adam and another guy were on chapter rooms. But more later. And I'm not worried about getting killed. Because people are lynching me anyways :( I just hope I can get to use my role once to help."

Makes me think she might be vigilante, investigator, or superhero? What else would fit "use my role once to help", from someone who thinks they might be lynched tonight?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:54 pm 
I'd say vigilante is more likely (although investigator-type roles are certainly possible). This makes me slightly more cautious about possibly going after her tonight.

also, are people actually planning to lynch her? I haven't noticed it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:03 pm 
I don't think people really want to lynch her right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 pm 
Francesca just texted me and a 949 number that she's meeting with dgrazian in 20 minutes. I think he might give her the medkit, or she might try to vigilante kill him?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 pm 
Probably the former (although we might always get lucky ...)

Is it worth trying to set a trap on her?