Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 planning
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 pm 
Ok, so we have to make a kill every day from here on out.

I'll kill Daniel tomorrow morning as he leaves for work, and then use manipulate the press. We should be on the lookout for role information to use Set a Trap on. Ideally we can kill Ama soon. Having a town-aligned mayor around is a major liability.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 planning
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:10 pm 
Actually, if you're reasonably certain that you can kill Ama tomorrow, I'll hold off on killing dgrazian.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:21 pm 
Dgrazian says he's sure that either Francesca or I am mafia, since he thinks Miranda was framed for a hitman murder, and that Francesca or I wiould be the most likely people to plan such a thing. I'm probably going to get lynched tomorrow, so maybe I shouldn't bother wasting the m anipulate the press?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 pm 
Depends on whether you or fmajluf looks more suspicious ... if we're lucky we might be able to gain a day by casting suspicion on her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:37 pm 
Ok, do you think I should hold off on killing Dgrazian until the evening then?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:54 am 
... I still recommend killing him as soon as possible. I was just referring to manipulating it to a location where someone else might plausibly have done it (maybe in front of the Oracle building?), which I'm guessing you already planned to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 am 
I was just going to go with in front of Hygge so that it's too glaringly obvious to have been me...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:12 am 
Also acceptable.

Is he dead yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 am 
Nope. Getting to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:46 am 
Ok, I just killed him with kaboom, which does not regenerate. I'm going to manipulate the press to make the murder site right in front of 409 Washington Street (the house next to Hygge). Gods, how do I do this in the webapp?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:24 am 
Manipulate the press doesn't change the location anymore, just sets clues to 0. What was the real location? We can make an exception if the real location was incredibly obvious, maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 am 
Wait what. I could have sworn the rules said the location could still be changed... The real location was in our bed at Hygge...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:50 am 
In fact the rules do say this. http://imgur.com/yZJ8PuO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:52 am 
Whoops, you're right. We kept that change from the spring game, I guess (whereas the webapp implements the IAP game rule for that). OK, it's all good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:35 am 
Alright, I assume I'll probably get lynched tonight, so it's all on you now, Alex.

The fact that Dgrazian's kaboom didn't regenerate probably means he handed off the medkit. So Ama probably has it now. He was somewhat suspicious of Francesca, so he probably didn't give it to her. If you kill Ama, you probably want to use a kaboom.

I don't think claiming investigator makes sense for me anymore. I can either try to claim cynic, or just refuse to role claim because that's what Daniel said before he died.

If you just lay low and make one kill per day, I think we have a good chance of winning. The biggest failure mode for us is probably just failing to make a kill and auto-losing (because it's so damn hard to make kills during the summer...).

Your first kill will be don-protected, but after that you're investigatable, so we'd ideally be able to kill off the investigator soon. I think we should take another guess on Set a Trap this evening, and if we guess right, I'll try to go kill that person tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:19 pm 
I can do that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:35 pm 
Oh yeah, let's try to get you elected mayor today. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:34 pm 
Alex, could you please keep posting your plans and updates for the ghosts and spectators to see?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:51 pm 
I'm guessing there'll be some equivalent of "no lynch" tonight.

Tomorrow I'll try to intercept Franchi as she goes to work (I'll wait by the Green Line stop at 11something). My work tomorrow is mostly running programs, so I should be able to take an hour or so off.

Lane'll probably have the sketchiest alibi (I'll just say I was in lab), so if things go well he'll probably be the one lynched.

After that it'll be down to me and tsims ... better hope my kaboom regenerates ...

Updates if this doesn't work. If I'm completely fucked, I'll just try to kill tsims out of spite for thinking I was sketchy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:02 pm 
Since I don't have any better guesses, I'm going to go ahead and set a trap on fmajluf as vigilante. (She did hint that she might want to be police officer ...)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:04 pm 
Looks like she isn't. Oh well ... at least she won't be able to kill me ...