Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:37 pm 
Yup, nicely done. I'm not sure why I mentally ruled out Francesca as the investigator, but the timing was probably part of it. (I wasn't 100% sober last night but still...)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:37 pm 
Oh yeah, Daniel, did the shovel die with you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:39 pm 
I also tried to be careful not to link myself to Ama, beyond 'arbitrarily' getting her elected mayor.

I was pretty paranoid about set-a-trap abilities this game. Even more than usual :-P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:42 pm 
Yeah, we pretty much figured we wouldn't be getting any useful role information, and the game was going to be short anyway, so we just guessed for set a trap on any circumstantial evidence we had. Turns out that's not terribly effective, oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm 
Yes, I died with the shovel on me. I didn't see any point in using it on Miranda, because the result wouldn't have really changed my belief state. I also died with an unactivated medkit on me. I meant to give it to somebody at the meeting yesterday, but I forgot until it was too late. I was going to give it away at lunch-time today.

I didn't activate the medkit this morning, because I was pretty certain that if I was about to be killed then a 'kaboom' would be used. No need for the mafia to refresh that power.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:46 pm 
You were absolutely correct, though, to use set-a-trap every day, no matter how little evidence you had. And the town has been absolutely correct to give no useful role information.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:48 pm 
I think I guessed yesterday that Francesca was vigilante, investigator, or superhero based on the text she sent me. Hopefully Alex revisits that and decides to guess investigator before trying to kill her tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:50 pm 
A single shovel, with the possibility of plant-evidence in the game, is near-useless. But as it turns out, I think the shovel would be useful in a townie's hands at this point. Anyone know who the best person to shovel would be?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:54 pm 
I think you would be the best person to shovel (assuming town knew that there wasn't a plant evidence in game). Confirming you're gay knight confirms Ama's innocence and my guilt, and thus confirms Miranda's innocence (since game didn't end when I died).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 pm 
Yep, that's it :) Even if plant evidence was in the game, a thoughtful shoveler could have shoveled me before the mafia planted evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:27 am 
tsims set his conspiracy list for tomorrow to lgunder. lgunder set his cynic list to tsims.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:41 am 
So the only way Alex can kill them both on separate days is to kill Tsims with a bang and then lgunder with a kaboom, or lgunder with a bang and then Tsims with a kaboom... I hope he uses his last kaboom correctly, though I don't see how he could possibly know. :-(

I kind of hope he decides to just take the easy way out and trap-kill Ama today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 pm 
The problem is that trap-killing Ama doesn't decrease net town size after tonight, and (assuming he also kills someone normally today) allows investigations one kill earlier for anyone who can investigate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 pm 
That's true. If he trap-kills Ama, regenerating the kaboom, and then also manages to kill Francesca with a bang, then I think he'll be in pretty shape.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:50 pm 
* pretty good shape

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:28 pm 
Francesca just posted a very useful introduction update. I hope Alex checks it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:46 pm 
Quote:
I changed my mind. I'm currently at 4E with Ama and we are keeping each other safe until day end.

Wait, asjm can kill both of them at once. That's not safe at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:16 pm 
Lol! If Lane doesn't vote, then town wins because of Miranda's vote from two nights ago!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:29 pm 
This is so exciting! I'm hopeful lgunder will be more likely to vote to lynch asjm than tsims because he had tsims on his cynic list. It's also possible lgunder will think that a tie vote means both die, and then town wins because he's the last one standing, and choose not to vote because of that. Town winning because of my vote from two nights ago would be hella sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 pm 
HI GUYS!! I don't know how y'all do this townie thing. Oh well. Let's hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:43 pm 
lgunder, noooo! :( :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:44 pm 
Lane just entered a lynch vote for tsims.

Town still wins, though. Tsims dies, we're left with Lane and Alex. Lane is a cynic with tsims on his list, so Lane becomes invulnerable tomorrow. Alex can't kill him, there are no kabooms left, so mafia auto-lose by having 2 no-kill days.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:44 pm 
Lily's right, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 pm 
I thought mafia won if they controlled the lynch, but Lily's suggestion is sound and I'm not sure this even counts as controlling the lynch. This looks like a job for divine judgement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:01 pm 
Even if there wasn't a rule about the mafia losing if they didn't make a kill (and by the way, I think that rule should be modified to be up to the god's discretion), Lane would win anyway on lynch-vote tiebreaks tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:02 pm 
Unless lane doesn't update his list and alex kills him

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 pm 
That is true! #ghostlyvengeance

Also, I agree that some amount of flexibility in the peace and quiet rule would be nice. Incentivizing the mafia to kill is all well and good, but it's a cheap and unsatisfying way to potentially win. And the confusion over the hitman kill combined with the short game made it an undesirable crunch this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 pm 
Twist: Lane changes his vote last-minute. No divine judgments necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:05 pm 
fmajluf: Lane's list is exactly what it needs to be already. He gets protection if tsims dies, tsims is gonna die, town wins tomorrow because Alex can't kill Lane before the next lynch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:06 pm 
Wow, right at the crunch. Good job Lane!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next