Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plotting Day 1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:36 am 
Do you have any ideas for what you'd like to do today?

Note that we don't have don. The gods took away substantial bit of mafia power relative to last game :-(
That's probably justified though.

I'm probably going to claim to be poisoned at the beginning of Day 2. I'm strongly considering also acting the part of desperado.

Post subject: Re: Plotting Day 1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:02 am 
Have you talked to anybody else about the game?

Relevant stuff from talking to Francesca + Lucy:

1. Francesca says she distrusts Lucy (mildly.) Lucy said she distrusts Francesca (moderately)
2. I don't know what they think of me, though I have no reason to believe they find me sketchy.
3. I suggested you as one of three people to be mayor/police officer. The other two were Adam and asjm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 am 
I believe our biggest threats are:

1. Lucy
2. lily
3. Francesca
4. Josh

I'm not sure about the order of the last three, but Lucy is definitely the person I'm generally most scared of. She's extremely perceptive, and she's willing to make bold plays as a townsperson.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:12 am 
I'm not sure, she may be suspicious of you; she created a facebook chat with me, Jfrisch, and lgunder and said that she and franchi were safe last night, presumable after you left. I'm not sure if this implies that she trusts franchi or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:14 am 
Nah, she told me the same thing.

Doesn't mean she trusts me doesn't mean she doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:23 am 
Lets brainstorm killing ideas here (and we should settle on a plan soon):

How possible would it be for you to get Miranda at pika tonight with help from your contact?

Also, for reference I am rather sleep-deprived right now, so I am even more vulnerable than usually to making reasoning errors :-P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:09 am 
Tonight might not be the night to make the pika kill on miranda, as people want a town meeting tonight; unless the kill would be after the meeting, which could be more dangerous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:11 am 
Also, miranda just posted that she was in building 46 lounge for the next 1.5h, that might be a good time to make a kill? idk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:17 am 
Go for it. If you do, use mtp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 am 
Consider also using kaboom. It makes me a bit nervous that she posted that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:46 pm 
Ok, we need to decide on a kill plan. Not making a kill today would not be devastating, but it would be bad.

How possible would it be for you to kill Miranda at ET tonight? You'd want the help of an np. But really, any kill would be ok.

I've also sent emails to Mats (Josh's boyfriend) and Ben Lin (lives at ET) asking them whether they would be willing to help facilitate the deaths of Josh and Francesca/Lucy respectively.

I will not be able to make any kills after the meeting tonight. Not with Lily alive.

At the town meeting today, you should claim to be an investigative role. We want you elected police officer! I will be acting the part of a vigilante (which won't involve any role claiming at the moment.)

How excited in general are you to make kills? If you're elected police officer, you'll be making most of the kills for the next day or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:33 pm 
that should be fine, i'm trying to get my pika contact to help me, but idk yet. i can claim an investigative role tonight and make kills anytime that isn't during the day tonight through thursday night. I leave for home friday night, but depending on how long the game goes, i can either get a double or the game will be over.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:41 pm 
Yeah, the game will be over by Friday.

Let me know about any further developments.

Also, bad news: lily just texted me, asking 'Does something seem off to you about tsims' posts this game?'

I think you've been too active on the forum compared to usual.

Your excuse, if this issue ever comes up, is that you were excited about the need for an investigation-capable police officer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:42 pm 
I won't be able to support you directly at the meeting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:45 pm 
She says you've been more cavalier/joking and that you've been posting more often.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm 
Don't change course with how your acting. That would only make me seem suspicious. I think it'll be ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 pm 
Well, stuff happened today:

Tsims and I went to the 'town meeting' hoping to get tsims elected police officer. Things didn't go as planned, but we were able to get me elected police officer.

Tsims and I then stalked square dancing for half an hour. We saw Lucy in there, but we didn't have a way of getting to her without her seeing us several seconds in advance. And more importantly we would have had to interrupt squares, which we didn't want to do.
(As an aside, both of us went there, because we wanted to be able to scheme-double kill if in case there was another player there with her.)

In the meantime, I had contacted Mats and benlin as nps to help us kill Josh Frisch and Lucy/Francesca respectively. I am now in contact with both of them.

Then Francesca made a forum post saying that she was going to the 9:25 shuttle (presumably to get back to et.) Tsims went over there and killed her, but unfortunately she was able to first get off texts to me and .... Lucy :(

At first, I thought that I was the only to receive the text, and I just wasn't going to say anything. But apparently Lucy and asjm received the same text.

And asjm was gay knights with Francesca, and he investigated and killed tsims.

I believe that I am not particularly suspected right now, but I may be wrong, and I almost certainly will get caught soon. I'm super-busy with work, and would like to just resign, but I will be a good sport and let the town win their well-deserved victory.

Anyway, good try tsims! We made a good effort. And great job Francesca for fast texting-reflexes.

And AMAZING job Lily for detecting tsims' scuminess before even seeing him this game! That was some impressive (and I would say subtle) observation. She basically noticed that tsims' posts had a more playful manner to them than in previous games. And subsequently that his demeanor at the meeting was odd

And emphatically tsims, do not blame yourself! This was a very town-favored game, and Lily etc did a truly impressive job. There's is a well-won victory.

Unless I manage to pull off a miracle for the second time in my live action mafia career :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:17 pm 
With Lily's approval, I'm voting for Miranda to set up a tiebreak.

Probably doesn't matter, but who knows...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:11 am 
A couple more details about yesterday that might help fill in the blanks:

There was a general agreement that somebody with natural investigative powers (presumably investigator/superhero/desperado) should be police officer. Tsims and I went to the meeting with the intention that tsims would make this claim. At the meeting, Lane claimed to be such a role, and tsims claimed right after him, but the people present were skeptical of tsims.

I tried semi-successfully to spin tsims=sketchy to lane+tsims=sketchy, saying I thought there was a high probability of one of them being mafia. I then claimed to be an investigative role myself and (barely) got elected mayor, with players agreeing that I should be impeached the next day. For what it's worth this IS the type of thing I might have done as a townie.

Tsims and I then went on our aborted mission to kill Lucy, and tsims (at my suggestion and encouragement) made the kill on Francesca. Which I maintain was a good thing to try.

One other thing: we set a trap on Lane for 'investigator' yesterday. I'll set another trap today. I also have mild suspicions that Lucy is Innocent Child both because she apparently knew Francesca's role and because of some comments she made on Day 0 that could have been interpreted as an Innocent-child-slip.