Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 plans
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:30 am 
lgunder - perhaps at/after board game night (MtP to somewhere in boston if so)
lilychen - killed at South Station
Lucy - kill somehow w/ beach? kill Wednesday before Broad institute thing?
DGrazian - poisoned at day 1 end, dies Wednesday evening
asjm -
fmajluf7 - hopefully dies of lovesickness at day 2 end. If not, perhaps kill in disguise on green line C wednesday morning?
jakob
sammyluoi
arkadiyf - Tuesday evening after tech squares?
abobu - eventually evicted?
aneary - kill in morning in athena cluster in disguise?

lzahray is providing information about the beach trip to help kill arkadiyf (and/or maybe Lucy)

Post subject: Re: Day 2 plans
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:11 pm 
Lzahray informs me that arkadiyf will be at squares, Lucy not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 pm 
Well played, IC Dgrazian. I still think we made the best choice in terms of poisoning, not counting hindsight. And even if we decide to slaughter him, it'll still have been useful in some sense because he wouldn't have revealed otherwise. But now people know there's almost certainly no hitman/scheme...

We need to clear out investigations soon. Hopefully somehow Lucy will get lynched tonight?

There may be another IC, so perhaps we should save the slaughter for a bit. Unless we expect an opportunity soon to kill him and everyone else. Er, by which I mean, multiple other people.

Sigh, we got pretty unlucky with Daniel's role, I guess. Keeping him alive means him getting to interrogate people and ask for their information / items at will, which is bad. Killing him is hard and potentially exposes us to more investigations. Maybe if we successfully trap fmajluf7 and there are at least 3 other people at a meeting tomorrow (if we will even still have more meetings...), I'll just kill 3 people and be done. At least Slaughter regenerates.

People also managed to get abobu to sign something. She seemed to want to resign though (she says she doesn't have time to keep up or even read rules), and the townies were telling her not to. I feel like it's better just to let her resign/get evicted... But I'm biased. I don't know how we're going to get through all these townies. But we need to. Somehow. Or at least, try very hard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:09 pm 
For futureness,

Poison should probably be even shorter (1 day) in such a small game. I don't know, or maybe if it's 2 days, poisoning on day 0 should be OK. Not in a larger game though; that would not be fun.

It really helps mafia to have some sort of power to generate a false negative. Like a don, or old MtP. In this game we don't, so basically EVERY investigation is a threat. Maybe that's better though, I don't know.

Oops, being mafia is hard. On the mind. It's even more sleep-deprivingly engaging than being an active townie. And I'm not even doing the killing...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:12 pm 
Oh! I had thought that all investigations on MTP'd kills turned out negative! Is that not so anymore? Does the location just generate 0 clues? Also, you have my sympathy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 pm 
I showed up to tech squares in a dress, a ski mask, and a sherlock holmes hat, but no sign of Arkadiy - he left early :(