Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:49 am 
I will take around petitions at some point tomorrow. Miranda and I are running on a ticket together because we're buddies like that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:25 am 
Yup, I'm running (when do I not?). KSedlar is being nice and carrying my petition. Feel free to vote for her and not me or me and not her (but definitely vote for me :P ).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:59 pm 
I'm going to head to East Campus this afternoon. Will people be around to sign petitions?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 pm 
I'll be around after 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:46 pm 
At EC now (specifically 4th East). Anyone around?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:07 pm 
I'm coming back around 4 if you're still there

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:09 pm 
Okay. I might just get lunch/dinner since it doesn't seem like anyone is around right now, and then come back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:23 pm 
I can take petitions to ET for minions tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:36 pm 
Do we actually want a police officer at this point in game? With these rules it seems that a townie police officer would only have a very, very small chance at getting one investigation a day, whereas a mafia police officer would be terrible for town, making all roles and items with invinsibility to bangs useless. I really don't think its worth the risk, since the highest possible benefit town could get is pretty tiny.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:49 pm 
aok, that would be good if I can't get enough signatures. Looking at the intros though, it looks like nearly everyone lives in Random or EC, with only two players living in ET.

lzahray, first of all, I'm not mafia, so I know I'm good for town. :) Second of all, police officers always get one investigation a day; they only have a small chance of getting clues, and as it turns out, there are other ways in game to get clues. Third, and most importantly, by running for police officer, I'm resigning myself to getting lynched (or executed, which the rules are using as the word now for some reason) after a few days. If you guys are like, hmm, Katie's still alive by day 4 / day 5, then you have my full consent to lynch me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 pm 
Heading back to EC now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:27 pm 
Let me know when you get to the courtyard so that I come meet you outside.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:11 pm 
Hanging out on 4th East again. I currently have signatures from all EC people except kmli, boorstin, gurev, ama, and jingyizz.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:27 pm 
I sent kmli and jingyizz your way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:48 pm 
I haven't found them yet. Should I come back to Floorpi?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 pm 
They came back, saying you weren't there any more. I'm pretty sure they're both here if you want to find them on floorpi.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:28 pm 
I'm leaving for et at 7 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:41 pm 
I can't find anyone on Floorpi now. I'm going to go Tech Squares review, then head back to Random later.

Aok, I think I'll probably just keep trying to get the petitions filled out myself. I want to get them finished by day end.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:07 pm 
I still think we should just say no more police officers allowed. It seems not worth the risk. Having a mayor is clearly good, but police officers aren't that good for town, even though investigators can share clues between roles and whatnot. If we elect a police officer who's town, the only way that really benefits town considerably is if they have some sort of investigative role. So if mafia sees someone elected police officer, that person has a higher chance of being set-a-trapped based on that information. And if we elect a mafia, we're just really sad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 pm 
I strongly disagree. We should keep electing police officers who have investigative powers. An extra investigation per day is well worth giving the mafia a 50/50 chance at a set-a-trap, even with the risk of a electing a mafia police officer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:00 pm 
The free kabooms for potential mafia are more of an issue than cops getting killed by set-a-trap.

I don't think it's worth it to elect another police officer (though I may be slightly biased because I'm kinda being hunted by a dirty cop right now).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:08 pm 
You guys are drastically underestimating the benefit of investigations. We should elect a new police officer ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:12 pm 
I agree with aok. I plan to run for police officer tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:58 pm 
I think you guys are undervaluing the power of being invincible to bangs - catching a mafia that way is pretty comparable to investigations. But do what you like, I'm not signing any police petitions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:01 pm 
At any given time, no more than 5% of game is likely to be immune to a kill attempt on them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 pm 
And for any given kill, right now half the players in game would have to have rock solid alibis for an investigation to have a 5% success rate, and it's even worse with don and mafia powers like manipulate the press, plant evidence, and hire a hit man.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:48 pm 
I think investigations definitely have a 5% success rate. Additionally, there's a much higher chance that the police officer will be innocent. So, assuming a 1/4 chance of a mafia police officer (very pessimistic), the right thing to compare is three investigations/day in exchange for free mafia kabooms. This is clearly a good tradeoff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm 
I think that mafia police officers are great to have. You guys are arguing about the wrong thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:00 pm 
I kind of agree with lzahray, the free kabooms seem really strong for mafia. I'm sketched out by aok's insistence on electing a new p.o., especially given the fact that the current p.o. is probably mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:04 pm 
Free Kabooms seem not nearly as strong as free investigations, especially since if we distrust the po we can investigate him/her for the murder.