Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mildly sketchy things
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:17 pm 
Put things that are mildly (but not overwhelmingly) suspicious here.

I'll start: I am suspicious of Lzahray and have voted to execute her tonight. I saw Lzahray on the main staircase of Random at 9:45ish. She did not seem to be at Nina's meeting in Foo (though I'm not 100% certain of this). She was not in her room at 10:51 when I checked if she was there (13 minutes after the kill). She returned to Pecker about 5-10 minutes after that, so the timing would be right from returning from building 34. She claimed she was in the basement doing laundry, but she was not carrying any laundry when she returned to Pecker. It's plausible that she was returning from putting her laundry in the wash, but I had been in Pecker kitchen since around 10:30 (right after Nina's meeting, if anyone has more specific timing let me know) and did not see Lzahray come through the kitchen (her room is right next to the kitchen and I would have seen or heard her, especially if she was carrying dirty laundry). So I somewhat doubt that she was actually doing laundry, or if she was, she was gone for a remarkably long time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:25 pm 
Oh, just saw this. I shall tell you the tale of my laundry adventure. I wasn't carrying laundry coming upstairs because I had gone downstairs and put it in the washing machine... therefore my laundry was downstairs... this seems very reasonable. I saw Victor in the basement when I was there (he's an np but still). I also went down the back staircase to bring down my laundry which is why I didn't see lily in the kitchen. I realize that's maybe a bit weird but I don't like carrying dirty laundry down the main stairs where there are always a bunch of people. I was also unaware of Nina's meeting because I hadn't read the email until later, which I'm pretty sad about. Additionally, I had bare feet when I came up the stairs (I remember because the back staircase doesn't have carpeting and I noticed this on my descent), and I don't walk around without shoes outside. Therefore... I will now go continue the next step of my great laundry adventure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:26 pm 
Also I investigated lzahray for fmajluf7 and it came up negative.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:28 pm 
I don't know if you're town or mafia, but that was a wonderful story :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 pm 
Also I wish I knew there was suspicion earlier, I could have shown people that indeed my laundry was in the washing machine with a timer that matched my tale. These types of things are investigatable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:33 pm 
lzahray wrote:
Oh, just saw this. I shall tell you the tale of my laundry adventure. I wasn't carrying laundry coming upstairs because I had gone downstairs and put it in the washing machine... therefore my laundry was downstairs... this seems very reasonable. I saw Victor in the basement when I was there (he's an np but still). I also went down the back staircase to bring down my laundry which is why I didn't see lily in the kitchen. I realize that's maybe a bit weird but I don't like carrying dirty laundry down the main stairs where there are always a bunch of people. I was also unaware of Nina's meeting because I hadn't read the email until later, which I'm pretty sad about. Additionally, I had bare feet when I came up the stairs (I remember because the back staircase doesn't have carpeting and I noticed this on my descent), and I don't walk around without shoes outside. Therefore... I will now go continue the next step of my great laundry adventure.

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:34 pm 
Not to suggest anything in either direction of innocence or guilt, but the our laundry timers are notoriously bad.
I once had one that said "20 minutes" for half an hour, before changing to "15 minutes."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:40 pm 
I guess if I were a super committed mafia I could have a mafia buddy do my laundry for me and then show people the timer... not as good as The Receipt, but I wouldn't have to do my own laundry!