Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:38 am 
Kmath is an investigator who found only two clues at the murder site. Our group also saw Ethan running back before we went. I convinced her to keep this a secret, then start a secret lynch mob tomorrow, but she needs to die. I'll probably kill her tomorrow morning with MtP.

Also, we had a bonding session, and she somehow trusts me. I felt my soul melting away as I was deceiving her. :cry: Being mafia is hell on the psyche.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 am 
Ah, guys, I'm trying to figure out what to do. The situation is temporarily okay, but how long until kmath decides to tell someone else? I could kill her tonight, but it would incriminating, especially given that most of the kitchen saw us go off together. Gah... She has a 9:30 class tomorrow. That's so early. And she might not even go to it... But it would incriminate me less. I also feel like such an awful person when plotting to kill her.

Also, I think I should inform Ethan that I know he's a serial killer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 am 
Gah, kmath just went upstairs, presumably to go to sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:17 am 
Just sent Ethan the following:

"I'm mafia, you're a serial killer. Unfortunately, I'm not the only Katie that knows the latter thing. You see, the big Black Hole investigation mob saw you running back to Random on our way to 34-7. Furthermore, Kmath, an investigator, found only two clues at the murder site.

Anyway, so the mafia is currently scrambling to try to keep this covered up. Right now I don't think kmath has told anybody else (we're planning a secret lynch mob for you tomorrow), and I'm hoping to keep it that way until we can kill her. In the mean time:

- You need to pretend to be an investigator / superhero. Preferably superhero, to justify why you didn't report an investigation yesterday. The only other explanation people would buy for you running away like that is that you went to collect clues before day end. Come up with a fake investigation and report it tomorrow. Kmath MIGHT be the only investigator from the bunch, but that whole group (Shi-ke, Arkadiy, Ian, and us Katies) know that you came back from the site.
- Don't do anything overtly sketchy tomorrow unless you know you're going to get caught, because you're a likely investigation target if you make a kill. Also, don't destroy clues tomorrow.
- If there is sufficient push to lynch you, kamikaze kill (get someone who lives on Clam or Black Hole; don't try to kill someone who lives on another floor, or you might waste your kill). Then publicly reveal your alignment and ask for the other serial killer to pm you. Then send the pms you get to me so mafia can find out who the other one is.

Hopefully you can make it through this in one piece."

Ideally this won't come back to bite me. But hopefully we can contain the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:51 am 
I have a 9:30am class and reason to be around 32. I can try to catch kmath before her class in 32-144. There are two other player's in that class, but not Randomites, so there is some risk. I'm consistently late to 6.867, my class and it is a big lecture, so I don't think Shike would be suspicious. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:57 am 
That's reasonable to do if I'm not successful for some reason. But ideally I can make the kills, because I'm taking a lot of risks here. For instance, there could have been some other serial killer who went to the kill site, making Ethan actually some sort of investigative role after all. Then I'd be pretty screwed. I'm really worried that's the case actually; Ethan didn't want me in his room to talk with him, and NP dukhovni said he was looking for Shi-ke/Arkadiy earlier (who I basically stated were innocent).

I'm really sorry if I screwed this up guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:17 am 
Now I'm really worried I screwed this up. I hate being mafia so much. I can never get it right. :cry: In hindsight, I probably should have set a trap on Ethan as serial killer to confirm and just sucked up the lost kill from not being able to trap kmath.

Actually, just as I was writing this post Ethan came to my room to talk to me. I'm not sure if he was actually being a rogue or just pretending to be to get information. My gods, being mafia makes you way more paranoid than being town. I told him that when he makes his kill, his priority target should be Shi-ke. I also told him specifically NOT to kill Miranda Gavrin. Needless to say, none of you should make any contact with Ethan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:34 am 
It's okay Katie. Just ride the tide from here on out. *salute*

Now we know for future reference, if a rogue asks to kill a mafia we shouldn't say anything. We can disarm them anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:29 am 
Now I'm trying to decide whether to just kamikaze and reveal as mafia to get serial killers, or whether I should pretend to pretend to be mafia (get tased, but not vigilante killed), and get info from rogues, from which I pass the sketchiest stuff onto you and the least sketchy onto some townie. It would be interesting if I could pull it off...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:31 am 
Hmm, I should probably just go full sketch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 am 
Yeah, if I don't, the serial killers might not think I'm legit, and people would have reason to ask for my mics back. So I'm going to attempt to sneak around and make enough kills.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:02 am 
Okay, just pmed this to kmath to add to the confusion:
"By now you've probably seen Ethan's post in the town square. Basically, I was trying a gambit where I gave him a lot of bs information, a little bit of true information, and some actually reasonable advice for his situation, in order to convince him I was mafia. That way, we could do a thing where he got in contact with the other serial killer and passed the info on to (which would be even better than getting him secretly lynched).

I must say I'm kind of surprised at the way in which my plan backfired. :shock: But I can also work with this; in many ways, this is even better, though it comes at the cost of my life (which was going to end soon anyway). In particular, I'm going to post in town square, "Yep, I'm mafia," to hopefully get the REAL serial killers to reveal to me. Then I can pass that info onto you.

Sorry about not telling you about the higher level of plan I had for our plan; it didn't turn out how I expected at all."