Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thoughts on Game
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:29 pm 
I'm sad that Katie is the only person talking in Mafia Den. I trust other mafiosos to be active, but their not saying much is worrying for what will happen once Katie dies.

Mafia start killing people :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Game
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:20 pm 
Inisley failed to kill someone. Who had her on a conspiracy list? And why would she do that? I should figure out what's up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:27 pm 
No one has her on a conspiracy list. They should have died. :( how do I poke her to see if it was in error?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:05 pm 
Thanks gods! I'm sad I am too hosed to have fun planning and executing kill plans. I'll be rooting for you, mafia!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm 
Quote from np Dpalumbo: "I think mafia should kill the town"

This amuses me since uhh mafia haven't killed town yet. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:45 pm 
Yay first time first death!

/start rant/

OMG YOU FREAKING MAFIA.
I waited.
And watched.
And walked so carefully, looking for signs of being about to be killed.
I WAS READY TO SCREAM AT YOUR FACE I WAS A LOYAL ROGUE.
I would've swam oceans to destroy your clues.
And then you come when I'm in a deep emotional conversation with my dance coach.
The single moment in the day I was not careful.
AND FREAKING BANG ME.
I'm so haunting you all.

/end rant/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:48 pm 
Good idea on isaacg. There were like 10 people in the room, and the way I screamed made all of them see the kill. But I doubt anyone knows anybody...

WHICH IS GREAT. GO MAFIA!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 pm 
Ohh jessk had me in her cynic list. Cool!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 pm 
Game log: "Ethan voted to execute Ethan."
I almost choked.
:P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 pm 
Wait Lucina. Why are people getting 9/8 clues? I thought there were only 3 clues? 2 serial killers plus 1?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:21 am 
The webapp is still operating on mafia + rogues+one. We've pm'ed everyone the correct number.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:57 am 
Katie thinks ethan is a serial killer but he's actually an innocent child. Things will go very badly for mafia very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:58 am 
Yeah :( And if dgrazian did see vlonge at the shuttle stop, she will be his next investigation target.
Or is the investigation negative because she's don?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:03 am 
She'll turn up positive for that kill since she wasn't Don when she made it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:09 am 
:cry:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:25 am 
It hurts me so much to see Katie's post :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:49 am 
lgunder has voted to lynch ksedlar.
The news are out.
My heart </3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:48 pm 
I'M SO SAD!!!!! NOOOOOOOO! I removed katie from my conspiracy theory list last night because she was police officer, even though I was suspicious of her I figured there was no point if she could just kaboom me. And I was going to give my medkit away to dgrazian tonight! I was too late! The way he acted this morning was hilarious, he was terrified of me coming down the stairs to leave Random, so I decided I would trust him and give it to him later tonight. But I never got the chance :(

If katie hadn't been an outed mafia it could have been hilarious though, I texted jakob and oreo that I had just seen arkadiy literally 1 second before I stepped out of the elevator and katie banged me.

Such regret. Sniff sniff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 pm 
Lucina wrote:
She'll turn up positive for that kill since she wasn't Don when she made it.

Wait, don is retroactive though. It was in the IAP game. The mafia all talked about this with each other, and that was Jakob's, mine, and vlonge's understanding of it. When did it change?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:17 pm 
And it isn't listed as a change in the "rules changes" email. If we would have known this was a thing we would have done it; Jakob and vlonge were stalking Francesca for a while before making the kill, so there wouldn't have been a time issue.

I actually had a related conversation with Jakob, about whether donness would count if investigators picked up clues before don got elected, and he confirmed the donness counted as long as they were made don before an investigator investigated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 pm 
A huge part of our strategy was based on the idea that we would use don, MtP, and hitman effectively to minimize the number of kills that could actually be investigated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 pm 
I don't know how it is implemented on the webapp. That trumps most things. But reading through the rules as is, it seems as though she should only be safe for kills she made while Don. This is based n the wording jakob used for the summer games. I didn't pay attention to how it worked in other games

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:54 pm 
Yeah, looking at the wording of the rules, it does seem to suggest that donness only works for kills made while don. However, my guess is that it wasn't implemented in the webapp that way, because that wasn't Jakob's understanding of how the rule worked.

Gods should ask Jakob about this. It's also an issue when mafia is basing a lot of strategy on a rule that might or might not be accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:22 pm 
So there was a big internal debate for me about whether to conscript Francesca or Jakob. I decided to go with Jakob, partially because I figured Sammy helping mafia was helpful, partially because he had a receiver. Not sure how things would have turned out otherwise. Thoughts on the differences that I didn't know at the time:
Pluses of Jakob:
- There's this awkward thing where the webapp sometimes doesn't quite do what we want, and it's nice to actually be able to deal with that. For instance, if a townie reports their death before the mafia who killed them, the mafia can't enter the death themselves. This means manipulate the press and frame a townsperson don't work properly. And now there's the issue of how don works for kills made prior to becoming don. I don't know how it would have been reasonable to deal with these issues otherwise (although I guess gods could have emailed Sammy or something).
- Gay knight is an awesome role to have for a conscript!
Pluses of Francesca:
- We wouldn't have killed our rogue.
- There would have been a rogue conscript! That's never happened before. It would have been so badass. Francesca could just walk up to people and say "bang," and then if they say, "I don't die," say "kaboom," because the kills count separately. It would have been very confusing with don though. The rules for don say a rogue can't be don, but a conscripted rogue has their roles count separately. So I think it would have been the case that Francesca could be don and do things like make two kills in a row, but only have the donness count for the mafia kill. So many weird situations with conscripted rogues.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:13 am 
So out of the first 3 deaths, 2 have been mafia aligned. :( Luckily, town has 0/2 medkits, 1/5 mic & receiver pairs, 1/4 tasers (presuming Ethan wrote my name on the one he got from ltchin), and 2/3 shovels. Mafia also knows who the real rogue is; some of my last words were, "Jingyizz is definite rogue," Mafia will temporarily think Dgrazian might be rogue, but they'll figure it out when he can't make his kills. I also told them that he might be Jingyizz still knows to kill Ethan/Shi-ke; she says she'll be gone tomorrow morning though, so hopefully it still works out. Darn Dgrazian, distracting me from helping Jingyizz make a kill at the last minute.

Also, one of my last instructions to jingyizz was to email dukhovni@ to have him help scout for Random kills. I need to be careful not to talk to Sam about game, otherwise he won't be able to influence game. This will be hard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:27 am 
I think the webapp would show vlonge as guilty since there's a checkbox for "Made by Don" that is unticked for her kill of fmajluf7.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:29 pm 
:cry: I take a nap and what's the first thing I see when I wake up? A text that says, "Gah, sorry guys."
Mafia just aren't having much luck this game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:39 pm 
And of all the people to get in a beef with, it HAD to be an innocent child. Hopefully mafia saves the use of plant evidence, because no way Jakob will beat Lane in a "guess who was conscripted" contest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:18 pm 
I think Jakob really does need to kill Lily Chen. If he doesn't, town will know that Jakob in particular has been conscripted. That would be, needless to say, very bad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:16 pm 
Okay, mafia are now discussing via text the benefits of Jakob killing Lily. For one thing, Lily already texted Jakob, "Fuck, you're conscripted, aren't you?" For another thing, it would mean he would get immunity from kills for the rest of the day, which is pretty nice. He could even get a free kaboom to use on himself, for what that's worth.