Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 pm 
There was a lot of texting involved. Between me and the mafia group chat, me and jingyizz, and me and Dgrazian.

Jingyizz couldn't make the kill on Ethan. She texted me as she was there, and I told her to come to Random. I had her hiding on BMF while I sent Sam to scout. Isaac was the only one in Black Hole kitchen, so I had jingyizz come down and hide in the back hallway. Unfortunately, Isaac had moved into Cannon (NP's) room. We tried to puzzle out what the rules were for killing someone in a room with a door open, and concluded that the intention of the rules was definitely to have a way to let kills be made in that situation, so yes, a rogue could do it, and yes, it still worked on an NP's room. I was just about to tell her to go (I was standing just outside the room), when Arkadiy came in, then left. After Arkadiy left, I had just resignaled to Jingyizz to do it, and then Arkadiy walked back in. I wasn't sure if Jingyizz had gone to make the kill, so I tried to chase Arkadiy out into the stairwell. But eventually, he stopped backing up, and just went, "hug?" I gave him a hug and tried to continue pushing him back into the lounge side. As I was doing that, Shi-ke came out of his room and tased me. I checked my texts and saw that Jingyizz hadn't actually gone for it, so I ran back around to shoo her away.

At that point, Dgrazian started texting me huge amounts of information. He claimed rogue, and said Dylan was an investigator. He said he planned to kill Isaac, and if that wasn't possible, to kill oreo or tsims. I asked him if he had destroyed a clue for yesterday's kill, and he said yes. I asked when, and he said 12:06, which was after Ethan came, and therefore compatible with Jingyizz being rogue. He also said he had seen Lily pming someone a lot, so he thought she was mafia, gay knight, or investigator (and we knew that info was true). This all happened about 10 minutes before day end, so I was juggling replying to Dgrazian, relaying things to mafia, and trying to find a backup kill for Jingyizz. It was too close to day end, and so I told Jingyizz that it was too risky at this point, and to just head out of Random. I told mafia that Dgrazian looked relatively convincing as rogue, especially given that jessk flaked.

Never would I have guessed that NEITHER Jessk or Dgrazian were rogue, and that Francesca was. I died thinking, "Oh, it was a good thing vlonge couldn't make the Dgrazian kill and we killed Francesca instead."

This game's lesson: townies are getting good at faking rogue/serial killer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:47 pm 
Jakob even said, "What are the chances Francesca was a rogue?" I said, "Not very high. We have no reason to think she's rogue over someone else, and we know there was no day 1 rogue kill. Last time when she was rogue, she made a kill on day 1, even before mafia made a kill."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:51 pm 
Wow, I guess my whole reasoning about the serial killers was wrong. When Jessk said she destroyed a clue at noon, and then Jingyizz said she destroyed a clue last night, I assumed that was compatible, especially when Jakob said that Jingyizz being away from Floorpi matched the timing. But actually, it was Francesca's death that destroyed that clue, and Jingyizz must have come after Ethan...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:20 pm 
I would've made an early kill but my role description said I couldn't kill until day 4, which is ridiculously late if you ask me, especially since there are only 2 rogues. But yeah, it was funny how I was the first kill :P And that kill was so perfectly stealthily executed. You guys would've gotten a rogue at any other minute of my day lol.

Regardless, it's kind of hard with so many experienced townies and inactive mafia members :/ I guess our best chances is to mafia lay low and do kills and town to point fingers at each other.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:31 pm 
That was a bug in the webapp. We fixed it relatively soon but didn't stop to think that you had seen it already.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:32 pm 
Sorry :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 pm 
._________________.

Tips for future: Notify me somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 pm 
It said you couldn't kill until day 4? I thought that they could make a kill any of the first three days of game. The rules also say that "A serial killer must make a kill within the first three days of game, or else they die of bloodlust." My guess is that was unfortunately a bug in the webapp... :( Also, we should keep a list of these bugs so that they can be fixed later.

No one in mafia is inactive. Zmiranda is sort of inactive, but that's partially because I told him to seem inactive to town. I did tell him to actually post in the mafia den, but I think too much has been going on for him to notice. He does respond to email and individual texts though. He can totally make kills for mafia, but the other mafia probably need to poke and prod him into doing it, and give him exact instructions for what to do, because he isn't fully paying attention to game.

I think that they seem comparatively inactive because of how much I've been saying. Jakob is super duper active, Sasha and vlonge have been regularly chatting in the mafia group text, and Jayson has been texting me personally / volunteering to make kills. I have full confidence that mafia will be fine without me.

The interesting thing is that we only have a single mafia in a main living group now (our conscript). As long as people don't start forming trust circles and stuff, I think that's good, because mafia are pretty safe from conspiracy theorist lists.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 pm 
Welp. Mafia killed their rogue partially due to a bug in the webapp. Mostly it was because you were one of few people with a late-night activity though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:39 pm 
We didn't think it was a roblem. It would have been reasonable to message you about it.but we didn't know how it was displaying it to you. We didn't even consider that you had seen it that way. We fixed it robably within the hour of when roles went out.