Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 pm 
Yay, Zach is actually saying things / interacting with mafia! Also, sorry to the gods/other ghosts; mafia are mostly talking via the group text now (although not talking THAT much). Anyway, I'm really excited to have Zach do mafia-ish stuff, because he is totally off of town's radar, and that will be really powerful if the other mafia can sufficiently poke him into making kills.

Also, mafia should definitely hire a hitman to get Dgrazian. He is living WAY, WAY too long (although to be fair, part of that was due to webapp error -- we though Francesca would have definitely made a day 1 kill if she were rogue, and Dgrazian was a more convincing fake rogue than any of the others). Mafia could also theoretically trap Dgrazian, but if I were alive, I would be really suspicious about whether Dgrazian really was an investigator, and probably wouldn't risk using the trap. Although non-hitman killing him is a lot more reasonable now, because Lily is dead (usually it's too likely for her to be around to be able to kill Dgrazian in Random, and he has a 3-4 hour timeblock during which he goes to / leaves work).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:03 pm 
Mind dumping the mafia chat here for our entertainment? :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:12 pm 
Kind of. Copy and pasting texts, especially a lot of small texts, into a forum post is really annoying. I'll keep ghosts updated though.

Basically what happened was vlonge was trying to make sure that she wouldn't kill Arkadiy in a recitation with zmiranda, which would have implicated him. Now they're worried about Oreo's move to lynch people without alibis. Vlonge just told zmiranda to start posting things. I for one think that would be a terrible idea, because starting to post only after a move to lynch inactives would be even more sketchy. Also, there's a good chance that people will have different opinions on lynch targets, and that even if people do want to lynch inactives, zmiranda won't be the first one to go. I really hope that this doesn't blow up in mafia's face.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 pm 
Gah, zmiranda isn't even sure how to post in town square. Vlonge is telling him what thread to post in. My gods, do they not realize how sketchy this will look? It would be much better for someone to argue against lynching inactives, or even better, wait for a townie to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:18 pm 
Ah, I should have specifically mentioned to mafia that this was a bad idea if town started wanting to lynch inactives. :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:22 pm 
Sammy and I were equally disappointed about seeing this exchange.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:31 pm 
My guess: Dgrazian will conclude that zmiranda is super sketchy now, even though other townies will like zmiranda more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:32 pm 
Agreed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:57 pm 
So an unfortunate thing for mafia is that everyone we've specifically tried to throw suspicion on (Miranda, Lane) has been an innocence based role.

Not quite sure what to do about mafia's Miranda problem. She's not going to get lynched because she's a gay knight, but she also shouldn't be killed because she has a mic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:14 pm 
See this, "Zmiranda- did someone talk to you and tell you to post alibis?" is the important question. And the answer should be something like what juesato said a few games ago as a townie in that situation, "No. Sorry, I've just been reading along and haven't had much to add, so I haven't posted much, but i'm still very much playing. None of my alibis have been with other players, so I didn't think there was a point to posting them."

Under no circumstances should he reveal that vlonge poked him into doing it, especially given that she didn't poke other inactivey people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:14 pm 
Ooh, that investigation of vlonge -> arkadiyf by Megan. Yay for donness!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 pm 
People who are the biggest problems for mafia right now:
Dgrazian
Oreo
Miranda Gavrin

I think mafia probably should have hired a hitman. Waiting for Dgrazian to get lynched never works. They should also probably use manipulate the press on this next kill, or else make a kill the killer will be sufficiently non-implicated in. The ideal would be zmiranda killing someone in Random, but that's not very feasible, given that he can't recognize players / has probably never been in Random / wouldn't have anyone to guide him. Sasha is probably a reasonable choice, especially if they can slip away from ET without being noticed. They could also go for someone in EC. Aok and ajliu are the only ones who list specific activities on Saturday; hopefully they don't target desperado ajliu. Aok would be an excellent kill, but he doesn't list what time he goes to SGS, so it's not that helpful.

Probably the best thing for mafia to do is start emailing NPs to get more specific info about player locations tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:19 pm 
Gah, there haven't been any texts or posts from the mafia so far today. :( Maybe everyone is still asleep? But seriously, mafia should make a kill. All the mafia are on Random guest lists (although they might or might not have remembered that I added zmiranda to Sam's guest list), so they can totally make a kill here.

Also, seriously Dgrazian? "He had an extremely easy opportunity to surprise-kill me earlier today which he didn't take." I thought people had learned to stop using that as evidence a while ago. Aok does happen to be town in this case, but in general mafia plan kills too much these days for "X didn't kill me when they had a chance to" to be used as evidence of innocence. Plus, it implies that mafia would want to use their kill on you specifically, which, while more likely to be true in Dgrazian's case, is not at all guaranteed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:28 pm 
Shit, just as I said that, vlonge started texting. Unfortunately, it's about planning to kill ajliu (who, to be fair, is one of the only people with a Saturday event). She's an activated desperado, so that's not going to go well. Hopefully the other mafia ignore the texts entirely! Which is the opposite of what I would normally want. Luckily, vlonge can't make the kill herself because she's don.

Also, she's discussing ZaphodF's role. She thinks he's an IC or gay knight (true) based on Lily saying she trusted him for role-based reasons. Ama also apparently told her he had been going into tsims' room to talk with him a lot (which is unusual), so hopefully mafia guesses gay knight for the wrong reasons (he's actually gay knights with ricardor).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:49 pm 
Okay, so it looks like the 2:00 pm kill on ajliu probably can't happen. Crossing my fingers that they don't try for 4:00 pm. Ideally the other mafia derp around for the next two hours and they're forced to make a kill on aok at SGS (which unfortunately activates the cynics, but is probably fine). Actually, ack, that might be an issue, because jessk is the only person who has activity listed on Sunday, and she has aok on her cynic list. Hopefully they think that Miles gave her the mic or something and kaboom her. There's a lot of potential pitfalls for mafia this weekend. :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:50 pm 
Well, I totally jinxed that. Apparently Jayson decided to make the kill, but just didn't post to the group text. Poor mafia.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:01 pm 
Dgrazian says: "
I think I must have not had enough sleep last night...it is totally plausible that Josh Frisch is natural mafia; his actions were consistent with this. I don't think this is likely to be the case, but I don't have spectacular trust for him either."

So Jayson is planning on hitting the most convenient person in Random for his non-Josh kill. This will be Isaac, who is sitting across from me at desk right now in Foo. There's also a reasonable likelihood of some other player coming on Josh's foodmob though. Aok or Dgrazian would probably be the only Random kills that would be better though, and both of them would set off jessk's cynic list (and as mentioned earlier, jessk is one of few people with an event on Sunday). So this is probably decent for mafia.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:06 pm 
Oh, crap, Oreo also has a thing on Sunday, and she'll get cynic immunity if Josh dies. Ah, there are so many traps...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 pm 
Wow, Isaac successfully guessed that ajliu was desperado. Clint is in Foo now talking with him about Live Action Mafia, which is annoying, because I'm trying to talk with Isaac about Live Action Mafia: The Guild Game. They're COMPLETELY different.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:21 pm 
Well, I'm offended. I got no warning of this through text/mafia den, and only found out when Clint ran into Foo screaming, "AOK DEAD CLAM KITCHEN!" then took Isaac with him to go up for some reason. Also, I got to edit the clue count before Lucina! Yay!

I really hope that vlonge uses a kaboom tomorrow though when killing jessk/oreo (one of whom will probably be the one to get killed).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm 
lolol, now Jayson is in Foo, along with Isaac and Clint. Isaac just goes "Where were you 14 minutes ago?" and Jayson was like, "walking from my house to here." Isaac says, "an NP saw you do it." Then Josh comes into Foo and talks to people about the food mob. Then Josh walks over to me and whispers, "I'm dead."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:33 pm 
Josh then leaves to go to Pecker. Jayson, Isaac, and Clint continue talking. Isaac starts mentioning how few people are alive in Random, and Jayson is like, "Yeah, I had to go through like 4 floors until I found a living player." Then he mentions something about killing two people. And then Clint and Isaac are like, "Wait, there was only one kill today," and then they check the app and see that Josh was dead all along.

Working desk is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:36 pm 
Then they started asking Mats if he saw Josh get killed. Mats is like, "I can't comment on that." Then they start speculating about Mats being hitman, which they quickly realize is silly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:42 pm 
Dgrazian just tased Jayson. Then they went over and hugged, and Jayson went, "Yay, now we can get dinner together!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:45 pm 
Mafia haven't said much today. I think they might be in a group chat without the dead mafia. :( There's clearly not going to get Oreo (as it turns out, she's at a table in Foo across from me), but there's a decent chance they're going to try for jessk. I really, really hope that they use a kaboom. Vlonge would probably be the one to do it, and if she's caught, I think it's game over for mafia (I don't think Sasha and zmiranda can do enough on their own). They could also have a no-kill day, which would be bad, but at least deactivate the cynics / let Dylan get lynched.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:54 pm 
Oh, apparently they didn't switch to a different group chat. Sasha just texted, at 10:51, to ask, "Can anyone can make a kill tonight?" 10:53, zmiranda just goes, "no."

... I guess it's still better than activating the cynics.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:22 pm 
The thing I'm most confused about is why everyone has suddenly decided to trust Dgrazian. Like, it's true that he couldn't have been conscripted, but I don't think that justifies 1/4 of the game revealing to him (Clint just revealed to him in front of me, plus ajliu told all her reveals to him). That's enough to give mafia traps for the rest of the game. And there's no real good that he can do from knowing the roles either. MAYBE he's more a bit more trustworthy than average from town perspective, but that doesn't warrant spewing roles at him like a firehose.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:25 pm 
Oh, now Clint and Dgrazian are speculating on whether there is another Random mafia, and they're being like, "How likely would it have been that Katie left Random without any mafia?" Which was in fact a consideration I had, but ultimately not strong enough to dictate a conscription. Theoretically, mafia should be able to all get into Random from my guest list / get a Random NP to scout, but I'm starting to be doubtful they'll do that. I should have left more detailed instructions for them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:31 pm 
Hehehe, I love the way Dgrazian is trying to be really subtle about trusting Miranda, completely ignoring the fact that she said "I have evidence of my innocence that's stronger than either of these, but revealing it has a downside," to all of forums, which strongly implied she was a gay knight or innocent child.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:35 pm 
Wow, being dead is so interesting! :D

The reason I trusted dgrazian is because of the following:

-the day of lilychen's death, I told her I had an investigative role
-lilychen told this to dgrazian before she died
-dgrazian contacted me
-I confirmed that I was desperado after I activated, but he basically knew my role for an entire day before I activated since I psetted past day-end and activated one day later than intended >.<
-jaysonl tried to kill me when I was activated

--> if dgrazian were mafia, they would have known that I couldn't be killed with a BANG
I was then told that dgrazian has made this play before to gain trust when he was actually mafia. But then I figured that he wouldn't have wasted a mafia to gain trust in this case because mafia aren't doing so great at the moment.

...still, I definitely had second thoughts after sending the mass-reveal to him. Phew.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next