Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 execution
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:17 pm 
Assuming we get no guilty investigations or other pressing things come up, I suggest lynching someone who has not consistently posted alibis. This gives mafia incentive to always post alibis, and then we can pick out the bad alibis to find mafia.

People with zero alibis:

Boorstin
Lexilou1985
Zmiranda

People with 1-2 alibis (out of 5) ((some may have 3 if they end up posting their alibi for today's kill but haven't yet)):
Alex
Daniel Grazian (I do not suggest lynching him but this is something to note)
ijc
isaacg
tsims
ZaphodF

I suggest investigating people with weak alibis for kills. I also suggest confirming alibis in whatever way you can.

Post subject: Re: Day 5 execution
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:45 pm 
Also, gurev hasn't been posting alibis on the forums, but he's been putting them in the spreadsheet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:14 pm 
Important note: Due to lane and jakob both claiming the other made kills 1 and 2 on day 3, it was essentially impossible that neither was guilty, so alibis were pointless. Likewise, given the np witness statement about the third kill that day, anyone who is not a asian female didn't need to post an alibi either. This is why I have only posted 3 alibis, and why others who haven't posted theirs for arkady's death have only posted 2. Lynching people based on weak alibis is not currently correct, I believe, since so few deaths need alibis.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:16 pm 
Oh hey! Sorry I didn't know I had to post alibis and stuff. I'm new to this game. Today I had a 6.004 exam that I was studying hard for and I'm going to go watch a movie.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:19 pm 
Thanks zmiranda. Please post alibis on the kill thread for that kill, which is http://mafia.mit.edu/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=3752&view=unread#unread for this kill.

It's not required that you post an alibi, but it really helps the town catch mafia, since we know some people definitely couldn't have made the kill.

Keep posting them!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 pm 
Ditto what isaacg said as to why I haven't posted as many alibis. The possible killers were obvious for kmath, shikexue, and lzahray's deaths (maybe their was a hint of uncertainty for lzahray, in the beginning.)

In general though, you are very, very right. Everyone should always post alibis, except in situations like the lane-Jakob scenario.

And I do think alibis are very much worth considering in an execution decision.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:58 pm 
Zmiranda- did someone talk to you and tell you to post alibis?

Who should we execute? I'm fine with going with a player who's pretty much inactive. It should ideally prompt people to be more active. Also if they aren't doing anything it shouldn't really hurt that much if we lose them... /:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:17 pm 
I'd be down with no lynch, or lynching an inactive. We're so close to day end it's a little weird.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:38 pm 
I'm voting for MirandaGavrin to set up a tiebreak for later. I think there's value in having a tiebreak against a mildly suspicious Mayor to lower the threat of a 3-vote power play later in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:39 pm 
Daniel Grazian says he wants to execute dylanhen. I agree with him. I think people should vote to lynch him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:40 pm 
Why do we suspect dylanhen?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:41 pm 
I'm lightly advocating no-execution for simplicity and low-risk. I have ideas for who to execute tomorrow, but I'm not inclined to do this last minute.

And the cost of no-execution is low.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:41 pm 
I'm lightly advocating no-execution for simplicity and low-risk. I have ideas for who to execute tomorrow, but I'm not inclined to do this last minute.

And the cost of no-execution is low.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:42 pm 
There's not enough time today to decide on a lynch target. Last minute lynch mobs are usually pretty bad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:50 pm 
He's been on lots of people's "kind of sketchy" lists.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm 
The lack of bandwagoning despite the general distrust of dylanhen is even more convincing to me that this is a good lynch choice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:51 pm 
*snaps* to aok.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:34 pm 
I'd be okay with dylanhen for Saturday's lynch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:42 pm 
I have no reason to think Dylan is any more or less sketchy than average. Pending people's explanations of why they are suspicious of him, I wouldn't object to lynching him next time unless a better target comes up. So why do people think he is sketchy?

In general, if anyone feels that any player is sketchy, please say so now and elaborate why.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:19 am 
I think the main reason I'm sketchy is because my alibis are pretty bad? I think it would be better to execute someone who doesn't even have alibis.

Why is it suspicious that there's no bandwagoning? There are plenty of people at least as suspicious as me, and you tried to organize too late.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:06 am 
I think the idea is that if you were town-sided, the mafia would have been able to just go along with it and gotten you lynched. (This is why last-minute lynch mobs are usually bad for town, because you don't give people enough time to defend themselves and it's easy for mafia to just bandwagon and avoid suspicion since everyone just kind of went along with it last minute)

I think that of dylanhen and gurev, at most one of them is mafia, because gurev went along with it and voted for Dylan. If they were both mafia then gurev wouldn't have voted for Dylan and risked getting him executed. At that point, it wasn't clear that dylanhen would have so few votes (at least for me) and it would be easy to defend a vote for no execution.

That being said, I'm more suspicious of gurev. I mentioned that he was just updating his alibis in the spreadsheet but not posting on the forums. He had no comment to this and still has not really posted at all. However it is clear that he is reading the forums since he voted for dylanhen. So it makes me think that he is mafia and maybe his mafia bros are telling him to try to not draw any attention to himself since he's new. Idk? If he at least posted to defend himself I would be less suspicious of him probably.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:25 pm 
Ok I'll post to defend myself. Unfortunately my alibis are all pretty much "in beast lounge in ec", so I could see that as suspicious. For a while I couldn't figure out how to log on to the forum which is why I was posting alibis in the document.

As to me voting for dylanhen, this just seemed like a reasonable accusation. In general I am opposed to no lynching in mafia because I feel like this is essentially jumping the gamestate into one which is strictly worse for town. Also, in hindsight we now know aok was town, so his accusation of dylanhen is trustworthy, making Dylanhen higher chance than expected of being mafia and thus me a lower chance.