Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dying notes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 pm 
tldr Read points (1), (2), (3), and (8)

I assume I am a high-priority kill target. I am rather difficult to kill based on my (lack of) routine, but I will not be taking extra steps to hide from the mafia (unless I become aware of a specific threat.) And even if I don't die, I am also very, very hosed, and won't be able to spend anywhere near as much time on the game as I have today.

So, some (potentially) dying notes:

1. I trust Josh Frisch
2. I trust lilychen
3. I trust Ethan

These people should be your leaders in the coming days if I die (of course lily will be dying at day-end tomorrow; if she doesn't, then execute her immediately.)

4. Was there anybody other than me who was pressing to keep lgunder alive (this is an actual question - please respond on this thread.) If so, and if such a person posts quickly and can be confirmed, then such a person would be particularly trusted.

5. I am somewhat suspicious of isaacg. Suspicion will rise if he lives a lot longer. It should rise for you too. My confidence on this is much less than my trust in Josh Frisch, lilychen, and Ethan.

6. If Ethan lives a LOT longer consider the possibility that he is mafia and he and ksedlar were colluding. I very much doubt that this was actually the case, but it is possible.

7. Don't let the mafia pull bullshit. This should be easy if you truly follow the next point.

8. Everybody, please stay/become actively engaged and involved in the game. I doubt I will live much longer, and probably a bunch of currently very active players will also die. Use your roles. Check on alibis (including interviewing nps who weren't volunteered by the person giving the alibi.) Set traps for the mafia (text people's names when they're coming toward you, let others know when you're meeting with someone, etc.) If everybody does these things, we will win. If not we will lose.

Post subject: Re: Dying notes
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:07 am 
I will be dying at the end of tonight.

People I trust a significant amount more than average: Ethan, Josh Frisch, Akshat/Zaphodf
People I trust slightly more than average: Daniel Grazian, tsims, Miranda Gavrin
People I trust slightly less than average: Isaacg, aok, ijc, dylanhen

I believe that out of the 4 remaining mafia, there is probably at most 1 at EC, given that the mafia felt a need to conscript Jakob.

I would also like to echo Daniel's point 6: "If Ethan lives a LOT longer consider the possibility that he is mafia and he and ksedlar were colluding. I very much doubt that this was actually the case, but it is possible."

Desperados should probably activate if they haven't already...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:07 am 
lilychen wrote:
People I trust a significant amount more than average: Ethan, Josh Frisch, Akshat/Zaphodf
People I trust slightly more than average: Daniel Grazian, tsims, Miranda Gavrin
People I trust slightly less than average: Isaacg, aok, ijc, dylanhen

To add on to this, I trust Vlonge less than average. I also obviously trust jingyizz significantly less than average.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:43 am 
Why do you trust Akshat/Zaphodf again?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:45 am 
Miranda Gavrin wrote:
Why do you trust Akshat/Zaphodf again?

Information he shared at the meeting last night that probably shouldn't be publicly revealed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:59 pm 
So, I guess this is it. I'll be dead in a few minutes when day ends. Here's an updated list of who I trust or distrust at this point.

Strong trust: Josh frisch, ZaphodF
Moderate trust: Daniel Grazian
Slight trust: tsims, ajliu
Slight distrust: arkadiyf, sashacf, Alex (all of these mostly on the basis of posting less than I would expect, so disregard if there's a believable reason e.g. hosage)
Slight-to-moderate distrust: Miranda Gavrin, Isaacg, aok, dylanhen
Moderate-to-strong distrust: Vlonge, Ian/ijc, Jingyizz

Other things:
1. As far as I know, there are probably only 2 (outside chance of 3) extant mic-receiver pairs left.
2. If Daniel Grazian and Miranda Gavrin stay alive for too much longer, they should be heavily scrutinized.
3. Be active in game! Use your roles, especially investigative powers. Also poke inactives so they don't get evicted (basically free kills!)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:22 pm 
Note to town: the game may feel like it is slow and uneventful right now. There is a chance it will stay that way. It probably won't.

There are still four mafia left in the game. That is a lot. We've lost at least one investigator, lost a vigilante's kill ability, and we will probably soon lose another investigator (me.) The mafia likely have multiple set-a-traps prepared, allowing them to do some blitzkrieg killing.

It would be best if people were actively engaged in the game right now, but please, please at least get actively involved once the killings start again. We are probably winning, but the game is far from won. Mafia have come back to win before from much, much worse situations than this. I don't want this to be one of those games.

So let's catch the rest of the mafia!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:38 pm 
Also try to be on your paranoia text game. Since we have basically no leads on who the mafia are, it's important to let people know when you're going to be with another player and people wouldn't otherwise know, or if you see a player unexpectedly and have time to text their name to another player. I practiced using the camera feature on iMessage so I can send a selfie with my killer in the background within 2 seconds of seeing them :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:41 pm 
All I want is for a mafia member to be caught with snapchat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:16 pm 
I consider aok to be among the most trustworthy players for the following reasons:

1. We know conscription has been used. I don't think aok would have been a fan of immediately conscripting Jakob. He would have wanted to lead the mafia himself and save the conscription ability.

2. I'm getting positive psychological vibes from him.

3. He had an extremely easy opportunity to surprise-kill me earlier today which he didn't take.

4. My sense of the situation is that the mafia do not have somebody of aok's experience on their team.

Note that I am a good ways from positive of aok's innocence. But I really don't think he's mafia.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:21 am 
Your dying words sure are lasting a while. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:00 pm 
That's the way I like it.

Also, I take back my former strong statements about trusting Josh Frisch. I think the events from three nights ago would have been fully consistent with Josh being mafia.

Note that I do not believe him to be mafia. Only that he could be.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:29 pm 
I'm dying at the end of the day today. If people have any suggestions on last things a dying townie should do, pm me soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:53 pm 
I very, very much trust that ajliu is telling the truth. I would feel safe mass role-revealing to her. Specifically, what I would like to do is this:

All vigilantes and investigative roles: message ajliu with your role along with a list of investigations that you have made. Pinkie pie, please note that you are pinkie pie.

Other roles, feel free to reveal to her if you want to. I don't think it's necessary thoug.

This should put the mafia into an (even more) uncomfortable position.

If there are any objections to this plan, please voice them now. This will work best if everybody cooperates.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:40 pm 
What's the idea behind that? That mafia will have a hard time lying about their role so she will at least be able to narrow it down by deciding who is trustworthy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm 
Basically that. It puts pressure on the mafia to make up roles.

Normally, the benefit of initiatives like this is outweighed by the risk of the mafia getting large amounts of role information for set-a-trap purposes. But in this case, I think the risk of ajliu being mafia is so low as to be worth ignoring.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm 
Basically that. It puts pressure on the mafia to make up roles.

Normally, the benefit of initiatives like this is outweighed by the risk of the mafia getting large amounts of role information for set-a-trap purposes. But in this case, I think the risk of ajliu being mafia is so low as to be worth ignoring.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:43 pm 
So what would ajliu do with this information?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:58 pm 
I revealed the information I got to dgrazian. I hope that it was a good decision to trust him <.< >.>
As far as I've been told, this is the inventory of special roles:

- 1 vigilante
- a Gay Knight pair
- 2 investigators

to the graveyard I go~ :shock: gl!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 pm 
Oh man. I'm not sure how I feel about her revealing it all to Dgrazian.
Suggestion: Everyone who role-revealed to ajliu should tell 1 or 2 people who they think are the most trustworthy that they revealed to her. NOT what their role is, just the fact that they revealed. (If they accidentally tell this info a mafia, they still wouldn't get set a trapped because that's only a 1 in 3 chance) So, if any of the people who revealed to ajliu get killed (especially on a day where there were multiple deaths) then we know that their role got leaked somehow, possibly to dgrazian or someone else ajliu trusted.

So if you revealed to ajliu: Tell 1 or 2 people that you revealed to her. Also tell them whether or not there is anyone else who definitely knows your role, or has a high chance of knowing your role.

Feel free to tell me if you think this is a bad idea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:14 pm 
That sounds good to me. It also *could* be worth having dgrazian set up the network, then executing him tomorrow & shoveling him. That might be a bit rash, though

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm 
I like Oreo's idea. I'm also sketched by this whole role reveal to dgrazian thing. I want a way to know if these people start dying, so we can execute dgrazian without much hesitation.

If mafia is trying to catch up on kills, 4 set a traps would be a nice way to do it. (also, to ghostey ajliu reading this from beyond: I guess you know by now if you were right to trust dgrazian or not - if you were wrong, don't worry about it, oreo and I could've been more proactive with our feelings.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:33 pm 
I probably wouldn't have revealed everything to me if I had been ajliu. But she did, and it was ok, because I'm not mafia.

Honestly, I think I already know enough role information at this point to be able to set-a-trap consistently for the rest of the game. Fortunately for town, this won't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:06 pm 
I wouldn't execute dgrazian bc i think he's an asset to town.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:21 pm 
mchang02 wrote:
I wouldn't execute dgrazian bc i think he's an asset to town.

Is this a first from mchang? :-D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 am 
supporting not executing you? yes lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:54 pm 
My top suspects. I would support executing any of them. This is approximately most to least suspicious:
- vlonge
- zmiranda
- Lexilou1985

My next list of suspects:
- llwu
- boorstin
- jusrey
- Ama

I would be surprised if this list does not contain at least 2 of the remaining 3 mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:57 pm 
Can you say why you're suspicious of these people? I don't want another unfounded suspicion feedback loop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:08 pm 
It's pretty similar to my suspicion of you actually :) It's definitely not sure to be right. But remember, we don't have to/shouldn't expect to be 100% accurate. If we had executed you last night, it would have been ok.

To be a little bit more detailed:
1. Most of these players have been inactive. In general inactive players are not more likely to be mafia, but given the (lack of) bloodshed recently I'm inclined to believe that the mafia are on the inactive side of things.
2. jusrey and llwu I can see doing some kind of bide-there-time-even-though-they-can-easily-make-kills thing. They're not at the top of my list though.
3. vlonge I am particularly suspicious of for a few different reasons:
a. She would have had an easy opportunity to conscript jakob.
b. She's been deceptively attentive to the game. For example, posting very quickly in response to Ethan's somewhat profane post.
c. I think I saw her on Day 1 (last Monday) around the saferide. This sketched me out a bit (I'm not positive it was her though; I am notoriously bad with faces...)
d. Gut feeling, as with the others.

Obviously, there's nothing hard to go on with any of this. But I think it's enough to want to execute somebody here.

Let's see what happens tonight...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:10 pm 
Also, credit to oreo, who was already advocating executing inactives. I think she was right before (though I also have a couple people on my list who don't really qualify as 'inactives')

Also, I think I'd add ijc to my list.