Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 9 Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:07 am 
So, it would seem that the mafia have a kill for today. This means that the game will last to Day 10 at least.

So, in regards to today, barring more kills, investigation results, etc. I would propose that we execute boorstin
or lexilou1985.

The reason for this being that he has made no posts to any forum threads, nor provided any alibis on the
Giant Spreadsheet, nor voted in any executions. Normally, I would not advocate for executing inactive players,
but boorstin has been inactive (at least in the town square) since day 1, yet the gods have not evicted him.
Therefore, it is likely that he is active in some other manner, namely the mafia den.

A similar argument can be made for lexilou1985, excepting that she was the sole vote for No Execution in the Day 3
lynch vote (in which jakob was executed).

Also, each of these players appear on the late dgrazian's sketch list :

Quote:
My top suspects. I would support executing any of them. This is approximately most to least suspicious:
- vlonge
- zmiranda
- Lexilou1985

My next list of suspects:
- llwu
- boorstin
- jusrey
- Ama

I would be surprised if this list does not contain at least 2 of the remaining 3 mafia.

I also realize that I am on this list. :) Other than that, I think we can probably trust dgrazian on this, considering
that he was provably good. RIP dgrazian :cry:

zmiranda (who appears second on this list) has also only made 1 vote (Day 1, for Miles), but has made 3 posts.
His reasoning for not posting alibis being
Quote:
Sorry I didn't know I had to post alibis and stuff. I'm new to this game.

I would be suspicious of these three (boorstin, lexilou1985, and zmiranda). I would believe that at least one of
these three is likely mafia considering each of them appear on the above list. I have no personal belief states or
thoughts on llwu or ama.

I realize that my reasoning for suspecting boorstin and lexilou1985 is based on somewhat meta-game information,
and this may not mean anything other than that the relevant parties are hosed, but I would still advocate execution
(barring future events).

Post subject: Re: Day 9 Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:48 am 
I agree with you about boorstin or Lexilou. I was thinking about making the exact same point; that they have not been evicted so it must mean they have been doing their role power. By process of elimination with logic that makes sense in my head, if they are indeed town they are probably conspiracy theorist or cynic. If they are updating their lists every day, then they have to have some reason to put people on their lists, which they would have to get by at least reading some of the forum. But yet they never commented on anything, as many times as we've said people should be more active. So it makes sense to me for one/both of them to be mafia and just hiding by being totally inactive.

I think I'm more suspicious of zmiranda though. Since he said he didn't even know he had to post alibis, that tells us one of two things:
1- He literally didn't check forums at all, ever
2- He was lying
Obviously 2 incriminates him, but even if 1 were true, I find it unlikely that he would have just not checked the forum at all the whole game, and then magically answered pretty soon after I suggested he was sketchy. So I think one of his mafia bros must have told him that he should just pretend he didn't know what was going on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:39 am 
I'm most suspicious of lexilou and zmiranda. Would be down to lynch either tonight. How about we see if any other evidence surfaces by 9pm or so, and if not pick one to lynch?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am 
i support executing lexilou1985

no specific reason for preferring her over others.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:01 pm 
At this time, I am most suspicious of zmiranda, agreeing with oreo's reasoning. I suggest voting for him
during tonight's execution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:02 pm 
Sorry for double post

That is, if something else doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 pm 
Since there hasn't been another kill, we're executing zmiranda?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:21 pm 
Yeah I suppose we were haha. Only 11 people voted which is sub-optimal /:
I'll be completely honest: To me it seems like town is going to win, but that is definitely not necessarily true. There is a chance mafia is plotting/manipulating/trying to make us apathetic and it is far from over. So if you're a townie and you think (even a little bit) that we are going to win, that's definitely not an excuse to sit back and do nothing. We should be discussing more on here, investigations need to happen, etc.

If you're mafia and you think town is going to win, you're probably right and you should just give up now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:25 pm 
And you may be thinking "no deaths have happened in a while what can we discuss" Well I posed the question earlier of who would know jingyizz' hair color and nobody responded. We could be discussing who would have wanted to kill dgrazian and who would have hired duchovni as a hitman. We could be talking about who we should lynch and why.

You may be thinking "there's no kill worth investigating" but if I recall correctly, do we know who killed fmajluf7? Maybe we do, but I think there's at least one kill we are unsure of. Even if someone claims to have witnessed a kill or whatever, using your investigation to confirm this is MORE VALUABLE THAN NOT USING YOUR INVESTIGATIONS AT ALL. They don't carry over; if you don't do one, you never get the chance back for that day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:48 pm 
oreo, about investigations: The clue limitations mean that an investigator only gets so many investigations per kill. Your advice would have been valid in previous games, but not this one. The only exception is mayor.

About town involvement, you're absolutely correct, however.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:55 pm 
About Daniel Grazian, he implied that he knew a lot of role information. It's not surprising that mafia would want to kill him, in addition to him being Daniel Grazian.

The hitman could mean a few things. Perhaps Daniel was hard to reach because of his work schedule, as mafia have been trying to kill people in classes, and that a kill on Pecker might be easily noticed. Perhaps mafia don't have good ins at random. Perhaps they are just desperate and needed a guaranteed kill since a no-kill day would lose them the game, and a hitman on Daniel was the best choice. Perhaps Daniel's talk of being killed soon made mafia fearful of some sort of immunity, though a kaboom would also work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:10 pm 
Sorry, I've been forgetting to vote because mad hell week. Yep, town should be more involved, myself included.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:34 am 
Would it be worth it to count the mafia so that we know what we are up against? The fact that the mafia has not poisoned anyone yet (or at least people haven't said they are poisoned) makes me think that the mafia has at least 2 people and is not quite as desperate as we think. Even if we don't count the mafia I think it would be valuable for the proxy of investigators/superheros to post the number of clues they are finding. The mafia has had enough 99.9% confirmed mafia people that I don't think that the mafia having this info will help them, but it could potentially help planning for the town if we can do a bit of back-construction of which kills were probably serial killers. Best case is that the serial killers or mafia remaining have to visit the kill sites and chance getting seen and I don't really see a downside to this. If we start consistently seeing 1 clue then we can assume that all of the serial killers are dead (I think they probably are, but this would not be a bad thing to confirm).