It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 10 Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:18 pm 
The state of the mafia:

Start of game:

5 mafia, 1 conscript, 2 serial killers.

fmajluf7: serial killer (shovel)
ksedlar: mafia (admitted, investigation)
jakob: mafia, conscript (it had to be him or lgunder, JFrisch didn't regenerate his vigilante kill.)
jingyizz: serial killer (investigation, np at scene)
jaysonl: mafia (admitted, investigation)
vlonge: mafia (email just before death, admitted)

So there are 2 mafia left.

Stay vigilant, we'll catch them soon.

Post subject: Re: Day 10 Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:42 pm 
Could be 1 left if we executed the right person :D Yay optimism!

We should decide on a default lynch (obviously could change based on new evidence) because I could potentially see mafia waiting until the last minute to kill so that by that time town has mostly gotten bored/stopped paying attention and we might not have enough time to make investigations or evaluate alibis. I suggest gurev or Lexilou1985.

Gurev has been very active in updating his alibis in the spreadsheet as well as in voting, however if I recall correctly the only time he actually posted on the forum was after I pointed this out and said it was sketchy. To me it suggests that he has been paying attention to the game but has tried to slip through the cracks and have just the right amount of activity to use the excuse of being a new player/not knowing what to say. It's possible he just actually doesn't know what to say (which is fair) but I think this makes him about 17% more sketchy than the average player.

Lexilou has been almost completely inactive but she voted once. She voted for no execution even though it was clear that either jakob or lgunder was mafia?? The possibility I have in mind is that she realized she didn't vote the first 2 days, and wanted to put in a vote early to make sure she didn't forget to vote, and then never checked back to update it. However she has been totally inactive since then /:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:25 pm 
I suggest gurev today and Lexi tomorrow, since if Gurev is mafia he's more clever than Lexi is if she's mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:09 pm 
oreo wrote:
I think this makes him about 17% more sketchy than the average player.

I'd put it at more like 19%, just saying. Uhhh shall we default to gurev then, in absence of better plans?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:22 pm 
I've pmed isaacg some information and expect him to vouch for me. If he does not see it in time I can give the same information to someone else who is pretty confirmed innocent (do any such people exist right now?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:54 pm 
I don't think we should be lynching inactives, currently. We need to be investigating the kill, and lynching people who are more likely to have done it.

I don't think gurev falls into that category, currently.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 pm 
I'd really like an investigation on this, but I'm thinking maybe we should lynch sashacf. Was near the kill site, around the right time, and it's hard to say whether sasha would mention leaving "to go to the bathroom" if isaac hadn't mentioned it first. It's a vague suspicion to be sure, but it seems better than any other leads.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:07 pm 
I did only mention leaving to go to the bathroom because Alex had mentioned it. I'm not quite sure what your point is there?

But I'd rather not get executed, since then I'd be dead and sad :(.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:03 pm 
Sorry - to clarify, if you had left to make a kill, you probably would have just said you were in PCR or PDR or whatever that acronym is and not mentioned leaving. Leaving to go to the bathroom might just be a convenient excuse since your absence was noted by an NP.

Marginal sketch just seems elevated to me. You were in the area at the time and left the room where you were working at the time of the kill. Like, if sashacf is guilty this would be a stupid one for us to miss.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:49 pm 
I'm voting to lynch sasha currently, but an investigation would be really valuable here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:21 pm 
isaacg wrote:
I'm voting to lynch sasha currently, but an investigation would be really valuable here.

^I feel exactly the same. Why do we have no other investigations?? No desperadoes have died yet, but I would imagine they probably have gone desperado by now so they could make one? Any superheroes?? Anyone??? Bueller????