Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:59 pm 
It's really annoying when I get all excited about new posts, and then I find out it's just two people using a shittier version of pms while speaking in different languages.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:01 pm 
+++++

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:02 pm 
They're not exactly analogous to PMs though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:23 pm 
Namely, they are publicly available information, therefore you don't get in trouble for passing on a key. (you aren't showing a screen or forwarding a pm, but you can essentially 'unlock' things for other people, say upon a death... or ensuring a message posted via proxy came from the appropriate person.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:53 pm 
But what's actually the point? I really don't get it at all. Also AustinFathman, we are allowed to print out a screen and show it to people and we are allowed to verbatim quote communications with other players, (though I still have no clue how to begin understanding what's going on, so there might still be arguments for using cryptography)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:14 pm 
Chiming in to say I'm also super confused.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:37 pm 
aok said "You may not show anyone a computer/phone screen, forward a screenshot, or repeat/copy verbatim communication from god (Exception: private rules clarifications may be copied verbatim). You may print out a computer/phone screen to show, and you may copy verbatim communication with other players."

So I'm not sure what cryptography lets you do that pms wouldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:44 pm 
TBH, I think people are excited about the new toy they have and are problem coming up with some devious schemes :P