Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm 
The game resumes at midnight, with Sunday being Day 13. Votes are due at midnight.

Please see my post on In-Game vs Out-of-Game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:13 am 
So...

I'd like to apologize to the people who felt they were being marginalized by the sneaky tactic of getting JY to be mayor. I suggested the plan to elect JY as mayor because I felt that in previous days my opinion had been ignored (mainly the day where we almost no lynched, and the day where Joy was lynched). Additionally, I believed (and still do believe) that the mafia member(s) are in the group of JB/Ami/Nicole/Brian, so I felt that by taking control of the game by this method would ensure that the town won.

Unfortunately, I think two factors worked against this. One: JY's argument for why people were mafia was that they are mafia. Which is to say she didn't provide a lot of reasoning as to why she felt they were mafia. I felt this was okay because I felt she was voting for the right people (Nicole and JB), and didn't make clear A: Why I am 99% sure she was innocent and B: why I believe at least Nicole is certainly mafia.

Anyway, in avoiding having my votes marginalized I marginalized the votes of JB/Brian/Ami/Nicole. Sorry.

Someone said to me that they would be okay with me being mayor, but not JY. I hope that you still feel this way. I would like to be mayor. As of 7 AM today, I *hopefully* will be on a plane back home (I didn't get cast in the 10 day and my parents would like to see me...and I was frustrated with this game).

So...Mark happens to have a petition to make me mayor with him that I have signed. I would appreciate if you all would sign it. If elected mayor, I will be safe from mafia kills via being 500 miles away. Additionally, as a gesture of good faith, I would appreciate it if someone would drop a fake ID off at Simmons front desk...or hand one to Mark, whom I trust mostly as well.

Anyway, I will be voting for Nicole. She slipped the lynch via the help of the fake ID James Caan which has only shown up to lynch players like Joy and Bobby and she was camping outside of JY's room. JY wasn't at the student center when she said she was; she was at Next House.

Anyway, I'll be available by forum private message or post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:22 am 
One thing I omitted:

Ami Greene signed JY's mayoral petition, yet she flipped against her in the end.
Was this a case of encouraging confusion, or did she only vote for JY because someone pressured her to do so?

I'd actually appreciate all four players posting about how the plan to lynch JY came to fruition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 am 
On the other hand...I totally just got cast for HPY7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:16 am 
yea I'm not flying home.

Hoorah

Post subject: Mayor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am 
If people trust me, I might be interested in running for mayor.

At any rate, I suppose I should say that I completely trust JRC (and Di, of course).

Ideas on who to lynch, today? I think Nicole would not be a bad choice, but I would not be opposed to something else.

I'm not going to be as paranoid about the game, anymore, so I might get killed soon, but I'll try my best to stay alive.

Let me know what all of you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:47 am 
jayarsea wrote:
One thing I omitted:

Ami Greene signed JY's mayoral petition, yet she flipped against her in the end.
Was this a case of encouraging confusion, or did she only vote for JY because someone pressured her to do so?

I'd actually appreciate all four players posting about how the plan to lynch JY came to fruition.

The plan to lynch JY was concocted several hours after JY was elected mayor, and only a few minutes before I posted claiming mafia. JB and I asked for Ami's assistance with her vote, to which she agreed - as far as I know, no undue pressure was put on her. The only member of the plan I never had direct contact with was Nicole, who spoke to JB. It was unclear if we were going to succeed, thus the flippant attitude of it, but the goal was to see if we could escape our own certain deaths by lynching JY before she could carry out her intended series of lynchings. Had we waited until Nicole had been lynched, it would have been impossible for us to defend ourselves due to lack of votes.

Now, I actually do now think Nicole may be mafia, due to information I acquired as a result of the aforementioned plan. That is, we relied on the Fake IDs to boost our voting power - I was in possession of #3, which I received from JB to use at my own discretion in the event he was lynched, Ami was in possession of #2, which was originally in my possession at the start of the game. I handed that ID off to Brogan, meaning she presumably gave it to someone else before being killed by the mafia. Now, that left Fake ID #1, the location of which was unknown to the three of us (me, JB, Ami) at the time. Since we believed it to be in the hands of the JY camp, it would have given her a majority voting block, which was the reason for the attempt to sow confusion. The attempt actually failed, but as it turns out, that ID was actually in Nicole's possession, giving my camp a majority voting block after all. Now, this is interesting, because Fake ID #1 belonged to Fluffy, who is known to have been mafia. Unless Nicole can provide an explanation for how she came to acquire that ID, it is highly likely that she is mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 am 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Since we believed it to be in the hands of the JY camp, it would have given her a majority voting block, which was the reason for the attempt to sow confusion. The attempt actually failed, but as it turns out, that ID was actually in Nicole's possession, giving my camp a majority voting block after all. Now, this is interesting, because Fake ID #1 belonged to Fluffy, who is known to have been mafia. Unless Nicole can provide an explanation for how she came to acquire that ID, it is highly likely that she is mafia.

That's an excellent point, Brian. Nicole is most definitely mafia, then.

You said ID #3 was JB's originally? Curious. Let's see whom he voted for with it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 am 
Interestingly enough, I got it from mats and just held onto it. I had enough votes as it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:45 am 
I received the ID somewhere around Day 10 or Day 11 - I know I didn't use it the first day I had it, but since the ID wasn't used for a stretch of several days (consistent with JB's story), I don't think much useful information can be gleaned out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 am 
Announcement: Brian Iglesias was murder in his room at Random Hall, room 241, at 4:40 AM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 am 
Unless someone saw Mark, myself, or Di @ Random @ 4:40 AM, that confirms we are innocent.

We will need everyone to sign a petition to make a mayor, with the exception of one player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:24 am 
Anyway, There are 6 people alive. The mafia has control of up to two fake IDs, giving them four votes.

We absolutely MUST LYNCH Nicole today if there is to be any hope of continuing the game beyond today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 am 
Alibis, please?

I was certainly asleep, but I wonder who could have competed this murder... only two of the remaining players live in or frequent Random...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 pm 
I was sleeping at next...
I am very busy today. But I would like to sign the petition. Is there anyway we can sign the petition electronically?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 pm 
I was awake, being super-insomniac and surfing the internet (reading the xkcd fora, fanfic, other webcomics, etc.) until 5 in the morning. In SidPac. Just woke up like 10 minutes ago. I realize that being awake might make me look guilty, but I haven't been in Random in days (since that time we said there'd be live-action mafia but then like nobody showed up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 pm 
I believe I have your signature, but we can come visit you if we need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:15 pm 
I was asleep at tEp, because we have a house meeting in 8 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 pm 
JB, are you saying that Ami Greene, as the only other resident of Random, was Brian's killer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm 
I didn't say that. I said I had an alibi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 pm 
JB, who do you think is the last mafia beyond Nicole, then?

Please tell us your suspicions. If we get this wrong, it's over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm 
I see no reason not to say this to everyone, since I realized that by sending it to everyone but Nicole I was sending it to the mafia anyways (Nicole's partner would pass it on).

So, the live innocents control 4 or 5 votes, depending on whether or not we have a fake ID in our grasp.

They are...

Di, Mark, Myself, and one of Ami/JB

The mafia are Nicole + one of Ami/JB.

Brian had a fake ID which is now in mafia hands, so the mafia has 2 votes and 2 fake IDs=4 votes.

We have 4 votes + a fake ID if we still have one (I doubt it).

Therefore, we will go to a tiebreaker. Fortunately, that tiebreaker is:

Ties are broken by looking at who had more votes the previous day, which is then tiebroken by the day before that, and so on. If this fails to resolve the tie, the player for whom the last vote cast came earliest is lynched. If multiple options are still tied after this, one is chosen at random.

Which means Nicole will be lynched in the event of a four-four tie. We need every innocent to vote for Nicole tonight. Please do not let anyone change your mind; this is how lynched innocents Joy and JY died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 pm 
Oh, I'm a dummy. We still have our investigator alive. That'll tell us who did or didn't kill Brian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 pm 
So I changed my user name to Di Jin since my pm thing was really weird probably because my user name is too short.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]