Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Game End!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:02 pm 
Yakuza and Jewish VC are satisfied. Yakuza End Condition satisfied.

And they looked upon the blazen earth and said "it is good" an alliance between the jew and the Yakuza formed, disrespected by only mafia jews who hated the Yakuza with a passion. We, together shall create a great and powerful weapon, we shall bring the death of the world.

Winners:
Lily Chen
Jakob
mchang02
kmath (pre and post conscription)
Daniel Grazian
regirock
Lucy (post conversion)
fmajluf7 (post conversion)

Post subject: Re: Game End!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:05 pm 
wat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:06 pm 
Will open access to all the forums soon. Whenisgood poll for wrap-up incoming.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 pm 
YEEEEEAAHH we did it guys!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 pm 
Wow, I can post again.

Sorry for messing things up, town! Good game regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:14 pm 
GG. Ghosts enjoyed lamenting about lilychen and general hopelessness.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:25 pm 
Everyone should be able to access all the forums now. Please fill out the whenisgood poll here: http://whenisgood.net/adbwxsq

Simple summary of game:
-Town was big and low power(29); they wanted to kill mafia.
-Mafia was medium-small (5+conscript) and medium-high power; they wanted to kill Yakuza. They were Oreo, ijc, ecd, ajliu, and mats_a. They attempted to conscript Jakob.
-Yakuza were small (3+conscript) and high power; they wanted to kill town. They were Jakob, mchang02, and Lily Chen. They conscripted kmath.
-Game started with 8 Jews. Jews wanted to be a majority of alive players. Dgrazian could convert people to Judaism if he was mayor. There were 2 pure Jews (Daniel Grazian and regirock), 3 town Jews (Adam Yedidia, jamb, corwind), 2 mafia Jews (ajliu, mats_a), and 1 Yakuza Jew (Lily Chen). Dgrazian converted fmajluf7, Lucy, and ecd.
-There was a Chocolate Club that started with 3 townspeople (dylanhen, mnjy, inisley). They could vote to add someone, but they would all die if that person was mafia. They added Daniel Grazian and Lily Chen.
-There was a bounty hunter (kmath), who only wanted to survive, but had to make a kill on someone within a list of 3 people at least once every 2 days. The list would refresh before each two-day period.
-There was an executioner (Shi-Ke), who wanted at least 3 people on his list of 4 (which would update upon deaths) lynched. Oreo and sashacf were on his list when they were lynched.
-Warlocks and mages did not exist, and were completely made up by Lily Chen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 pm 
JK Fred wrote:
-Warlocks and mages did not exist, and were completely made up by Lily Chen.

:twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:42 pm 
Also, good job to everyone! Most players had roughly a 1/3 chance of winning, which is harder than a normal game (roughly 1/2). Players who were Jewish had a higher chance (particularly those in another faction as well), and players who had the Town VC and another VC (AKA tsims, brunnerj, and aok) had a smaller chance. Anyway, no one should feel bad if they didn't win; tons of people played really well, we managed to have no inactives in game!

A few initial ksedlar thoughts on game balance:
- Mafia jews were too hard to have lynched. Town should have had more vigilante power.
- Town should have received more meta-information. We were going to do more of this with ceremonies, but we derped a bit.
- The politicians (Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton, AKA tsims and brunnerj) should have had more power.
- Bazookas should have required 3 coals per kaboom. Santas should have had more flexibility in giving their gifts.
- Rabbi had too swingy of a power.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:48 pm 
Omg, I was so sure jakob was responsible for kills. And totally called all the Yazuka members to Lucy today, but thought they were mafia. We also got isaacg's death *high five*

Overall, I agree with arkadiy that the santa role was annoying. And being only townie at the beginning trying to figure out what's going on is a pain in the brainbutt :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:54 pm 
I was annoyed as Mafia, actually. I was not having very much fun until I became Jewish. I felt like I couldn't do very much, because based on my one data point (Ian) I had a very high chance of dying after making a kill, and therefore did not use my power to its full ability. Also, the whole Jewish lynch bandwagon was the worst for a new player to catch--I had literally no idea.

Also omg I almost caught jakobw that first day I should trust my intuition more...I doubted myself and bandwagoned after that, thanks Dylan!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:20 am 
JK Fred wrote:
Also, good job to everyone! Most players had roughly a 1/3 chance of winning, which is harder than a normal game (roughly 1/2). Players who were Jewish had a higher chance (particularly those in another faction as well), and players who had the Town VC and another VC (AKA tsims, brunnerj, and aok) had a smaller chance. Anyway, no one should feel bad if they didn't win; tons of people played really well, we managed to have no inactives in game!

I should say, good job to ksedlar and Josh Frisch for successfully building and moderating a very complex game! Hope it was fun for you two as well :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:24 am 
sammyluo wrote:
JK Fred wrote:

I should say, good job to ksedlar and Josh Frisch for successfully building and moderating a very complex game! Hope it was fun for you two as well :)

++++++++++++

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:37 am 
++++ sammyluo and lilychen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:44 am 
Thank you so much Katie and Josh! This was awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 am 
Thanks Josh and Katie!

I saw how much work it was.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:41 am 
Yeah, we estimated it was probably about ~12 combined god hours per day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:49 am 
When you get a chance, can you give post [a link to] the roles and victory conditions of everyone in game?

More urgently, what was the victory condition of the original Jewish townies? Based on the claim they consistently gave, they should be listed among the winners.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:52 am 
No, they needed at least two town non-jews alive to win with the Jewish VC. Mads was the only one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:20 am 
Got it. Not sure whether they were lying to me or mistaken.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:12 am 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Got it. Not sure whether they were lying to me or mistaken.

Um, that's exactly the VC I told you, and everyone else who claimed to be town said they had my VC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 am 
jamb wrote:
I need to accomplish ((JEW VC) AND (at least two non-Jew non-mafia alive at end of game)) OR (town VC)

I think the issue was the distinction between 'town' and 'non-mafia'.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:06 pm 
*crickets chirp* This is the first time I've logged onto the mafia forums to find no unread posts. I feel resolved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:35 pm 
fmajluf7 tells me that everyone thinks I stalked kmath? I just wanted to say I only intentionally went to a place where I thought she was once because I'm very busy and also lazy.