Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:03 pm 
We could probably subtly tweak some details here and there. Small things that town won't remember a week later.

If so, we should do this sparingly, and dgrazian should be the one to do it. (Dgrazian, could you request edit access on the spreadsheet so I can give you access?)

Any suggestions for how to do this? I don't see anything that's minor AND useful right now. In general, I don't think town would notice if we changed which of 2 psychiatrists got paranoia, etc. but they probably would notice if a non-psychiatrist (other than Lotta) seemed to have a paranoia.

@Pesto: if I understand correctly, this is well within the rules, because it's my spreadsheet and no edits are being made anonymously.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:06 pm 
I think this should probably wait until town is more certain of dgrazian's scumminess. As far as I understand it, there's still a shadow of a doubt right now?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:18 pm 
Everyone is pretty sure dgrazian is mafia but nobody feels imminently threatened by him because he's clearly not a killer, so they're marginally keeping their minds open about him since it doesn't really matter.

Agreed, this shouldn't happen yet. It should wait until time has passed and town has tons of info and little changes won't get noticed. And also until dgrazian is absolutely outed. Which he will be by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:37 pm 
There are no rules forbidding spreadsheet manipulation. When town notices, I'll institute such a rule.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:45 pm 
Okay. If town notices, we've already failed in the spreadsheet editing game.

This should be done sparingly and subtly but hopefully to actual effect (e.g. creating beef between townies or smoothing a mafia-town beef).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:49 pm 
Alternatively, if the changes we want to make are plausible typos, someone trustworthy could enter stuff wrongly and then if they're caught, claim it was an honest mistake. (We already seem to have one honest mistake, which Lotta noticed and I fixed.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:15 am 
Post game - Fun fact: I looked through all the past edits on the spreadsheet at various points, especially on L2D1 when I was looking to see what edits Jackie did. I noticed the "key people probably aren't d3/d4 culprits" parts, paused and thought if that was an intentional way of misleading us, and then thought, "No, that's right." Agh.