Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Loop 2 Day 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:36 pm 
Ok, well, this didn't go too well.

I'm outed of course, as expected. Unfortunately, Adam and I were seeing when he was going to kill me close to tech squares. So Adam, to the town, is obviously a mafia-aligned killer.

And I think Lilychen also may be outed due to a slip-of-tongue (Lily can you confirm?)

Assuming the game was well-balanced from the start, I think we're in pretty bad shape. But we were thinking that the priors were favorable to us, so maybe we still have a decent chance. In any case, let's give it our absolute best shot!

I think that tomorrow we want adamyedidia to kill aok. If he's unable to do so, then I will boo lotta. I think that between these two methods of disabling aok, killing him is better, because the town won't be able to ask as useful of psychiatrist questions. Do others agree, or am I being silly? Don't hesitate to call me out if you think I'm being silly.

Post subject: Re: Loop 2 Day 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:43 pm 
Yeah, I fucked up. Katie and pravina know that I'm the mafia DA. Also Troy's vote cycle will tell them that too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:09 pm 
So Lily's outed. They still seem to trust me about average.

Unless anyone objects, I plan on claiming my psychiatrist question as "lilychen OR double agent, -2"

This will say that lily was indeed a double agent, and that no double agent was day 1 or day 2 culprit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:45 pm 
They want me to do "Double agent OR isaacg, -2"

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:39 am 
What did you end up doing? I think it's fairly obvious from vote counting that I'm double agent, so just tell them what they expect to hear.

And what's our plan for today/this loop?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:11 am 
I agree with DG that killing aok is preferable.

A) kill aok (backup: boo Lotta) (at least one of these can happen regardless of race conditions)

B) CT2 boos themself

C) K2 bangs me in private

So, a problem we have for this loop is that if they kill off Isaac and ABY, and I still die, it'll be obvious I'm mafia. And if we wait for the d3c to win, our killers will die if they don't make any bangs after day 1. I think all we can do is make it look like Josh was bad, not ABY, so that I still die on day 2? (i.e. I frame Josh for my death.)

Another idea: if they use Troy's kill on Isaac not ABY (deciding between the two beefs), and we kill AOK, then we can win the lynch vote; obviously this outs me, but I'll probably be outed soon anyway and maybe it's worth it for the 1-day loop?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:53 am 
I think actually our best bet is to try to convince people that isaac looks worse than ABY. Then Troy kills Isaac. ABY kills aok (either after Troy kills Isaac, or beforehand in a way that makes Isaac look worse than ABY. Maybe I could alibi ABY or something? Idk.) Then we ALL vote to lynch Luke (NOT jamb - there is actually still plausible doubt that I might not be a KP.) At this point it's 7-7 so the lynch goes through.

Potential problem with this - if they do what they did with lynch votes last night then we shouldn't all vote for the same person because then it's obvious who all the mafia are. Oh wait, that's not a problem because then we can steamroll the vote just by having the outed people vote for Luke.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:05 am 
I'm not actually psychiatrist. I can say I did whatever I want.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:09 am 
dylanhen wrote:
They want me to do "Double agent OR isaacg, -2"

Thoughts?

If they want you to do this you should do it? Who wanted this and why? A townie should ask what they're told to ask. But I really don't understand the point of this question. It just gives you "too big", right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:11 am 
Lily - is it actually obvious that you're a DA? Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding how the voting works, but you and any other mafia could have swapped execution votes, right? Also, you look good from the day 1 forgot-to-vote.

I don't know how bad the verbal slip-up was though. To be honest, I would believe of Lily Chen that she deliberately "slipped up" to make it look like she was the mafia DA, and then had someone swap votes with her, so that she would look like the mafia DA when actually she's just another mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:46 am 
The idea is to test isaac for being a hidden DA. I'll claim I askei it and got "too big"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:31 am 
Ok, I guess it's not 100% certain that I'm DA, but I think my slip up was pretty bad. However town thinks we're being pretty dumb right now so idk what they're reading into it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:07 pm 
Should I Bang anyone today? It might make sense to save it until right before day end in case Troy kills me (or would I want to not bang him back to look like not a killer?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:13 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
Should I Bang anyone today? It might make sense to save it until right before day end in case Troy kills me (or would I want to not bang him back to look like not a killer?)

Troy won't kill you, he has two great targets already (ABY + isaac). Even if he did, I think you wouldn't want to bang him back, because if both our killers are outed we're screwed. Is there any other reason you'd want to save it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:16 pm 
If we decide I should kill someone at the last minute tonight. But I think it's best if I Bang you so I don't have to tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm 
Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:10 pm 
ABY, I don't know what your schedule is, but would you mind showing up sometime earlier in the night while Troy is around, making a legitimate argument that you're innocent so that Troy misses his opportunity to kill you, and then disappearing into a personal room with the door shut (or going somewhere even harder to kill)? If you can't do that, maybe only show up in the last half hour of game, and I'll do my best to get Troy to kill Isaac before then. But the former is better I think.

Also, can you confirm that you can try to kill aok at some point? We reaaaaalllly need this.... Now would be GREAT because isaacg just left for the store...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:31 pm 
Should I post an alibi for Jackie's death? It would be something like "Working in 26. I got to the van at 5:04, so I would have had to run."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:34 pm 
I'm leaning towards no? Unless poked by townies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:47 pm 
It took you 5 minutes?! I got to the van faster than that once I started walking.... :P

Anyway, I agree, don't post an alibi. Josh already thinks everyone except isaac is solidly innocent of this. We don't want to fix that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:53 pm 
I went through buildings, and slowed down so as to not be out of breath.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:56 pm 
Yeah, that was a good idea.

Anyway, unless there's someone who could call you on it, I recommend fudging the time to 5:03 or 5:02 if you ever do have to post an alibi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm 
jamb, I can show up later tonight (after 8pm is best for me). The idea is for me to be hanging around ET but hidden from Troy, so that he can't kill the clock in my stead?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm 
Oh and I can try and kill AOK at some point if you'd like. Where/when?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 pm 
You have to give him a chance to kill you, or he can clock you. But if he doesn't kill you, and then you leave, he won't be able to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:43 pm 
What are the goodwill/lynch plans for tonight?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 pm 
There aren't any yet. Waiting on Troy to dictate.

If it's some sort of lynch cycle, outed mafia should try to execute Luke. We should probably vote for goodwill as dictated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:04 pm 
What's going on?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:10 pm 
we're losing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 pm 
Did Adam get a chance to kill aok?