Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Post from jamb
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:15 pm 
jamb is sick and needs to sleep, and asked me to post this:

Hey everyone,

This is jamb. Pesto said he would post a message for me here because I'm rather sick and want to go to bed at 21:00 or so. Pesto also ruled that since mafia wake up at night, I can be alive in mafia den starting at 23:00 but not alive in town square / in person until 8:00 tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope things are going according to plan. Please update me on what was said / discovered / made consensus tonight?

I'm planning to post an accusatory statement against ksedlar tomorrow when I wake up. See below. (The first line is the title.) This is the first big lie I've made in Mafia so if you guys have suggestions for how to write it better I'd like to hear them? (This could be (a) how to make it more convincing or (b) ideas that I shouldn't bring up because we don't want town to know them or (c) you think I should blame someone other than ksedlar.)

Also, Loop 2 Day 1 todos:

A) CT1 puts paranoia on Lotta.
B) CT2 paranoias themself.
C) K1 bangs me privately.
D) K2 bangs me privately.

Unless town figures out to kill Lotta or kill CT1, this loop is going to go a lot like the previous one and hopefully not out anyone new.

------------------------------------------------------

KSEDLAR IS MAFIA!!!!

(and a Killer.)

I'm typing this up in advance while I'm a ghost because it's really frustrating not being able to tell you all everything until tomorrow morning.

Oh my god, you guys have no idea how hard it is listening to her try to convince you that I'm Mafia. All evening she's been dropping hints that I'm probably bad and what I say won't give any information. I know I have no proof that I'm telling the truth, but please do alignment / role checks on her with psychiatrists; my death totally DOES give valuable information of a beef, which can now be resolved!

As you guys figured out, I was coming out of my intro acting class in Kresge. I walked out of the double doors from the rehearsal room and Katie was standing right next to the door. Check in with the desk workers at Random because she definitely would've had to leave her shift at least 4 minutes early to get there.

Also, I now think everything Katie was saying about "we should totally throw paranoia around and try to make the day 1 event happen!" was complete BS. I think Mafia wanted that to happen, which is presumably why dgrazian basically outed himself. Notice that because of the day 1 event, neither Luke nor I had protection and so Mafia could kill either of us without having to guess which one aok was protecting. Can we please not listen to Katie's paranoia / goodwill schemes from now on? Also, the fact that all the day1 questions answered the same trivial thing about killers... seriously???

I think Luke looks pretty good because if he were bad I think ksedlar would have killed him instead and had him lie for her.

Anyway, rant over. I'm going to go pset and then go to sleep, because I'm hosed and sick and dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of my proposed post to town. PLEASE comment?

Post subject: Re: Post from jamb
Another post below that:

Alternative is to claim isaacg. Katie has convinced herself he's almost certainly bad (or else both Dylan and Lotta are). Not sure how she got there but it's fine. Also, isaac was being a sketch ball earlier today and I know he has no alibi (except being asleep in Random). Also, katie just said out loud she thinks I look decently good and is wondering if Isaac killed me.

I probably look better if I claim isaacg because ksedlar seems very townie? On the other hand it's more valuable to throw suspicion on her, and many of the points I made in the previous post only apply to ksedlar. I prefer ksedlar, but up to you guys.

Update: I saw the Josh/Adam/Dgrazian thing. Sorry guys :( I do think Adam should claim Josh did it, but the rest of us shouldn't back him up. Ugh. I guess we know who K1 is and who will stay undercover. Don't worry about it too much; if we can keep K2 looking good we've still got this :)

Final update, I promise, before I go to bed:

I really think claiming isaacg killed me is smarter. I could write that up tomorrow morning. He looks pretty bad right now. This depends quite a bit on what sorts of beefs come up with tonight's goodwill. But I can make quite a compelling case for it, especially since he was following me around this morning.

I don't like blaming ksedlar anymore because ksedlar just looks SO good. I don't especially mind being outed eventually, but getting into a beef with someone everyone trusts is NOT the best way to go.

Then again, it would be totally like ksedlar to have said all that negative stuff about isaac while I was in the room to try to get me to blame him for it, and actually she knows it's not him for some reason... You guys should see what perceptions you get from ksedlar.

Presumably dgrazian is also allowed to talk on Mafia Den (but not Town Square) tonight?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:16 pm 
Yep, dgrazian is also allowed to talk on Mafia Den (but not Town Square) tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 pm 
I think lilychen is outed as a result of goodwill shenanigans, but she and dylan should confirm the pickle they're in. Meanwhile, I was only sketchy because yedidia and dgrazian both had goodwill beef with me, but since they are both under high suspicion, it makes me look good. This will likely not last long once goodwill shenanigans screw me over as they almost certainly eventually will.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:37 pm 
People over at ET who are more aware of the gritty details than me:

Who should Jackie claim beef with?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:45 pm 
I think Isaac. He's also going to be in a beef with me and Dylan via Goodwill claims, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:53 pm 
I think once Troy reveals lynch votes lily will be outed as mafia DA. It might still be better to claim it was isaac, especially in terms of making me look good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:01 pm 
Also, they think jamb is good because otherwise the mafia were really dumb by not having killers bang a protected KP day 1 so they wouldn't have to make kills day 2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 am 
dylanhen wrote:
Also, they think jamb is good because otherwise the mafia were really dumb by not having killers bang a protected KP day 1 so they wouldn't have to make kills day 2.

Lol. I'm glad that actually worked, I figured they'd see through it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:04 am 
Lmao at how much people believe Isaac killed me.

Josh: "If you had claimed it was anyone else I would've had beef with you, because none of the other 14 people could possibly have done it."
Katie: "There's a rule in Mafia that whenever someone kills their significant other, it blows up horribly in their face."
Isaac: "I don't have an alibi."

Also, I think people are seeing how sick and pathetic I am and psychologically trusting me more? I'm not sure if this is a real effect but it seems to be working in my favor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 am 
I hope you feel better soon! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 pm 
Isaac, when I saw him a couple minutes ago: "Hi Jackie! Want a hug? ... I was very surprised to find out you were mafia."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:22 pm 
Afaict Josh thinks Isaac definitely killed me but doesn't think there's more than a 50% chance that I'm town? I'm confused.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:03 pm 
jamb wrote:
Lmao at how much people believe Isaac killed me.

Lmao at myself believing that people believed me :P Gj town