Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 pm 
I don't know how useful No Execute will be this game, but I think we should arrange a scheme now in case the need arises later.

This game, No Execute can't be chosen past the first day, but happens for a perfect tie. We can arrange this by putting in equal votes towards two players with no prior votes. Mafia could break this only by revealing a member.

I propose we make two squads, A and B, each with 5 players. Volunteer to be on a squad only if you can commit to being consistently active to vote as required. If you don't act as agreed, you will be executed. I believe we can get 10 committed players, replacing as deaths happen, and that 5 votes is enough to ward against any accidental third option.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:40 pm 
Seems reasonable to me - we should perhaps set a time at which you should check forums to know if this sort of vote is being used by, something along the lines of 10:20PM.

To be clear, this still can be broken by having mafia out a single member (I initially misread your post in a way that suggested you argued otherwise).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:40 pm 
I volunteer to be on Team A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:41 pm 
I volunteer to be on team B.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:49 pm 
I volunteer to be on some team or another.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:49 pm 
I guess I might as well specify A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:51 pm 
Team B

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm 
Good idea. I'll be on team A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 pm 
Team B!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:01 pm 
Team A!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:02 pm 
I am opposed to this system, because it is too easy for a player to mess it up by forgetting to vote, or by a mafia "forgetting" to vote.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:06 pm 
I volunteer to be on team A, but I think executing a random person is generically good, because so much of the town is provable roles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:11 pm 
@isaac we just have to be very firm about the you have to vote if you signed up thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:21 pm 
OK, I volunteer for Team B.

Can we enter this info into the spreadsheet?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:24 pm 
I agree that it's almost always better to execute a random (minus gay knights and innocent children) person than to no-lynch. But in case we do want to no-lynch for some reason, we want to be able to coordinate it quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:41 pm 
i'll be team a

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 pm 
I'll be on either team. But I don't think it will be very useful. In particular, the only time when we maybe want to no-lynch is when there's chaos for some reason at day-end. But that's precisely the situation when this plan is unlikely to work.

With that said, this seems like a good procedure to arrange a deliberate no-execution in a non-hectic situation. A full five on each side shouldn't even be necessary (3 might be easier) as long as all other townies are aware well in advance that they shouldn't vote.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:56 pm 
I added a teams tab on the spreadsheet.

Anyway, there is a simple solution to the issue: we have teams default vote at the beginning of the day. Team A can default vote aok and Team B can default vote jakobw. Then we change away from no-lynch, rather than towards it, near the end of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:57 pm 
I don't know that I trust this system sufficiently to be *happy* to be a default target. I'm willing to though, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:08 am 
People do need to be careful to not let a single vote for you or aok happen on day 1, and to not have people unexpectedly voting for either of you on future days.

Agreeing to be on a team means that the person is agreeing that if they mess up, they deserve to be lynched. So people shouldn't be messing up in such a way that you or aok accidentally gets lynched.

There is the situation where there is a last minute lynch mob that disproportionately pulls voters from one team in such a way that the last-minute target loses to one of you. But we probably shouldn't be doing last minute lynch mobs anyway? We could also lower the number of members per team.

sashacf wrote:
i'll be team a
Note that there were 5 team A volunteers before you. I don't actually care about teams that much, so feel to rearrange the spreadsheet if this is a big issue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:04 am 
Wait but we can actually vote for no lynch on day 1.

And I am generally of the opinion that we shouldn't lynch unless there's fairly damning, concrete evidence against the lynch target. Y'all know my views on this... So I think this plan is good, if we get team A and team B to vote for people we think are mildly sketchy but not outright lynch-worthy. That way is someone fucks it up, a townie gets lynched but we also expose a mafia.

We may want to downsize the teams s the game gets smaller