Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 discission
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 am 
Sorry I didn't vote last night. I went to bed before all the shit went down and Daniel wasn't able to wake me.

In other news, having gotten up to date on everything that happened, I am fairly certain that aok is a serial killer. Yesterday afternoon I was talking to aok on Clam and I mentioned that I had vague sketch vibes from Sammyluo because some of his posts seemed much less assertive than he usually is. The fact that he later tried to get sammyluo to back him up suggests that aok is a serial killer who only had what I said to go on as far as guessing the mafia.

This all seems like pretty poor play for aok as serial killer though.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 discission
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:13 am 
Interesting.

The aok incident makes ksedlar somewhat good (she hunted out the NP information and announced it in person immediately after getting it). I'm not sure how much it affects how good I look, though I think the fact that I told maxmurin about aok's impending claim relatively early is a positive Bayesian update for my innocence.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 am 
Same (about linch vote and getting up to date). From what I have seen, aok does look like a serial killer or mafia. If he has been framed, that's a damn good frame, but I don't believe that someone could have framed him that well. On the other note, if aok is a serial killer, then he cannot kill anyone today (right?) and we can linch him safely before the next possible kill. Thoughts? Other contradicting evidence?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:28 am 
I'm quite certain aok was NOT framed, because 1) it was clearly an SK kill, and mafia wouldn't know who to frame for an SK kill beforehand, and 2) aok still has not publicly revealed the semi-sketchy tone of my conversation with him, which he would've done if he was town.

This does seem like atypically poor play for aok as SK, though. The NP giving him away is something he probably counted on not happening, but the fact that so few Random players exist this game means that he was in a pretty bad position anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:08 pm 
Me to aok: "Are you just giving up on the 'pretending to be town' thing?"
aok: "Pretty much, yeah."

So we can give up on bothering to make more investigations for Josh's kill or whatever things we were considering given the unlikely "aok is not mafia-aligned" scenario.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:12 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
This does seem like atypically poor play for aok as SK, though. The NP giving him away is something he probably counted on not happening, but the fact that so few Random players exist this game means that he was in a pretty bad position anyway.

To expand on this, the NP told me right away that "the killer told the NPs there to say they didn't see anything." I had to explain that NPs could do/say whatever they wanted and that they weren't bound by rules regarding being witnesses, before she was willing to tell me the killer. So I'm pretty sure aok was planning on NPs staying silent.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:50 pm 
Lol, aok is now griping to me about NPs betraying him when he got them to agree not to tell anyone anything. He is also trying to defend his kill with the justification, "Weekend kills are hard." Which is true. But still, lol.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:52 pm 
I kind of feel bad for aok given the game last spring where an NP ratted him out for killing me :( oh well, things happen.