A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Elected Positions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 am 
nastya has been elected mayor.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:29 am 
I'm disappointed not to have been elected, but for out-of-game reasons, I'm really happy to see new players elected as mayor and police officer (assuming you're townies :-P)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:39 am 
Go Nastya! While I'm sad to lose the election, I'm happy that a new player won.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:44 am 
Rules question: do I now have to destroy the isaacg petition, or does it still exist for when nastya dies or is impeached?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:01 am 
I'm pretty sure you have to destroy it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:54 am 
For convenience of reference, I suggested to Tuan that he start a petition for nastya because I preferred her being elected over Isaac, due to aforementioned slight sketchiness feelings. Speaking of which:

isaacg wrote:
I'm going to run for Mayor. Nothing against either nastya or sammy, I just trust myself more.

isaacg wrote:
Actually, on further consideration, I don't want to fill out a petition for someone else.

isaacg wrote:
That sounds wonderful, nastya! I'd vote for you. (Even though it's against myself).

This reads like somewhat of a change of heart to me. Isaac, can you explain why you did not want to fill out a PO petition for nastya to pass along with your mayor petition, but then decided to support a mayor petition being passed for her? I'm not questioning why you preferred yourself or would sign her petition given its existence, but why you decided not to make a PO petition for her after saying you would do so, when this seems strictly better than having her run against you as mayor afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:21 am 
Yes, I can. I did not want to make her a PO petition out of laziness, not out of gameplay motivations. I had already gotten the signatures of everyone I could find in Random, and didn't feel like revisiting them. I voted for Nastya because I believe that everyone should sign everyone else's petition at the beginning of game, since not doing so tends to lead to no one getting elected some of the time, which is clearly bad for town.

My laziness was additionally prompted by seeing nguyenin's petition for Police Officer right before posting that, which seemed very likely to finish before anything I could put together would, which would have made my efforts a waste of time.

I don't think I've actually done anything very sketchy here. While my actions may not be perfectly rational from town perspective, that's not a very unusual occurrence.

So, sure, mark it down in Mildly Sketchy Things, but then can we put this to rest?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:39 am 
Ok, that seems fair. I didn't catch that you knew about Tuan's petition before posting that. Sorry for dragging this out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:33 pm 
Thank you everyone for your support! I'm glad that I have been given a chance to be a mayor. I will fulfill my duties the best way I know: visit all the crime scenes and investigate the most suspicious people. Please, pm me is you have suggestions on what I should do or any criticism for my work. I'll do my best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:48 pm 
Nastya, do not listen to people who pm you. Mafia will definitely take advantage of this, especially if they have experienced players among them. Only listen to general town consensus and trust your intuition, never particular individuals.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:54 pm 
I would say listen and consider advice that people give you, but make final decisions yourself. In particular, anytime there is an arbitrary decision to make, make the decision 100% on your own.

And let other players know when a player is trying to give you advice!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:39 pm 
I agree with both responses to my previous post, and I was actually intending to be very suspicious of the people that give me advice. I guess mafia realized that too, so I haven't really received any suspicious suggestions in pm. I mean, I got some pms, but they were just general "be suspicious to pms" and "think yourself, don't let mafia manipulate you." So yeah, that didn't work :/