It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Investigations
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:00 pm 
Oh rip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:06 pm 
lambhen wrote:
Rules clarification: mayor does not have arbitrarily many investigations. They may use their mayoral investigation once per day. They may not investigate the same death twice unless they independently have another investigation method.

Wait, hold on, what? The rules don't say that mayor can only investigate each death once. This seems to go against what we know of mayorhood. Also, nastya claimed to have mayorally investigated ltchin -> ijc on day 2...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:40 pm 
I did perform that investigation (I have pm saved if proof is needed, but it might be against the rules).

Anyway, I would like to investigate todays death, so please pm me if you can let me in the Random to see the location of death.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:02 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
lambhen wrote:
Rules clarification: mayor does not have arbitrarily many investigations. They may use their mayoral investigation once per day. They may not investigate the same death twice unless they independently have another investigation method.

Wait, hold on, what? The rules don't say that mayor can only investigate each death once. This seems to go against what we know of mayorhood. Also, nastya claimed to have mayorally investigated ltchin -> ijc on day 2...

Whoops, sorry, one of the Gods was going by the rules we intended to implement rather than the rules as actually stated. You are right, as stated the mayor may investigate a single death multiple times. Ignore the earlier clarification.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:20 pm 
Colonel Sanders says isaacg, lucy or tsims killed lilychen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:25 pm 
Colonel Sanders also says that nastya did not kill ijc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 pm 
Ltchin, your investigator made a regular investigation, then a group one? How did that happen?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:55 pm 
I have no idea. They claimed normal investigator, but are not responding to pokes right now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:58 pm 
Is it worth getting an investigation on tsims to confirm the story of the GCSN? Or is this wasting investigations?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:01 pm 
The gcsn says that tsims is worth investigating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:03 pm 
ltchin wrote:
I have no idea. They claimed normal investigator, but are not responding to pokes right now.

That seems quite sketchy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:04 pm 
sammy, don't forget that they might be double proxying.

Double proxying:

A investigates, sends to B.
B investigates, sends A+B results to C.
C reports.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:08 pm 
Wait, so they had 2 investigations, one as a group and one as a normal investigator? That seems weird, and that seems to be the main impetus to lynch me?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:13 pm 
Tsims, it looks like if colonel sanders is two people they aren't coordinating very well, since the target of the singleton investigation isn't in the group. I'm betting either one investigator picked another investigator as a proxy causing proxy-chain shenanigans, or two investigators independently picked ltchin and she lumped them together under one codename for some reason. Or maybe ltchin is an investigator and also a proxy. There are a lot of possible logical explanations.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:40 pm 
I visited Random and going to investigate today's death. I'm going to investigate tsims in next 15 min, message me if you have objections or have a better investigation target.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:41 pm 
For future reference, don't reveal who you're investigating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:44 pm 
Ok, I sent investigation for tsims, so that if mafia haven't seen my previous post yet, they cannot manipulate the result.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:44 pm 
Tsims killed lilychen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:45 pm 
Lucy wrote:
Tsims killed lilychen

Who said this?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:47 pm 
Detective Dick Gumshoe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:49 pm 
Lol, I messed up and sent investigation message to myself. I investigated jakob instead and he came out innocent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:49 pm 
I suggest lynch tsims.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:33 pm 
Now that he's dead, Colonel Sanders = jakobw. This also explains why his investigations were sketchy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:37 pm 
If this is the case, then is nastya sketchier? Jakob's investigation is the only one on nastya for that day, right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:56 pm 
ltchin wrote:
Now that he's dead, Colonel Sanders = jakobw. This also explains why his investigations were sketchy.

ltchin, what day did Jakob send you the two investigations?

Also, NOTE TO EVERYONE: It's a standard trick for a fake proxy to shift blame for sketchy investigations to an outed mafia, so keep a suspicious eye on ltchin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 am 
maxmurin wrote:
If this is the case, then is nastya sketchier? Jakob's investigation is the only one on nastya for that day, right?

Well, I did investigate jakob and he did come out innocent. I don't know if I can forward messages from gods to prove that, so if you are suspicious of me have some other investigator investigate jakob.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:38 am 
No, I'm saying this because ltchin posted that the person she's proxying for found you innocent for kill day 1, and this person,who was apparently jakob, shoveled as mafia. Thus, there might be some suspicion on you, since you haven't been investigated for the day 1 kill by a more trusted source, and a mafia might have tried to protect you by falsely claiming that you were innocent. It has nothing to do with the investigation you made on jakob.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:48 am 
Sammy - I got the investigations from jakobw at around 8 PM on Day 3. He had been totally silent before that until Day 1 when he asked me to proxy for him.

I am now proxying for The Hamburglar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:53 am 
???

someone picked ltchin as a proxy after the shenanigans with Jakob?

???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:07 am 
Also, ltchin, in response to "is your investigator still alive?" you claimed (paraphrased) "yeah, I'm just bad at posting," which doesn't seem like the first thing to say if they actually didn't tell you anything until day 3. Though I suppose you could have been just protecting his identity, which is reasonable.

Also, if you are an investigator whose results were funneled through jakob -> ltchin, somehow let us know. You lose nothing if Jakob was mafia, and even if he wasn't, I think it's worth it for us to know. If the person ltchin is now proxying for was previously proxied for by jakob, at least let ltchin know so she can let us know.