Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:15 am 
For centralized communication. GCSN, you should discuss amongst yourselves (well, the innocent children among you should), and when you need to announce something (for example, dictate a lynch, or announce which of the stalkers did not report / is most likely mafia, or report a potential security breach), you should select a proxy (preferably someone ksedlar found trustworthy, possibly inside or possibly outside the wider network, possibly double proxying with a safe GN/stalker first to avoid conscription risk) to communicate your announcements (if you haven't already). [If any of the claimed GN pairs seem particularly trustworthy (for strong reasons), including them into your conversation is reasonable, but of course sound the alarm as soon as things start going wrong.]

Likewise, town can ask GCSN things here, though obviously until GCSN has already decided to reach out to a proxy, GCSN should take caution in deciding which questions are worth giving immediate answers to.

Here's a question:

1. Which subset of the stalkers (Angela, Raye Penber, Yuno Gasai, Jack) revealed to ksedlar?

If any other than Angela failed to reveal, they are most likely mafia and the rest are then confirmed town. If all but Angela revealed, it is still likely that at least one is mafia, unless Angela was mafia who aborted the stalking plan. If necessary and desired we can shovel this out.

If Angela is alive and revealed, she has some very serious explaining to do, and we would like to hear the (non-person-sensitive) parts of the explanation.

I suggest discussing this amongst yourselves and waiting until later today to proxy out an answer (for example, along with a lynch vote dictation).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:11 pm 
Dear GCSN:

I have info I need to convey to you before you answer my previous question, so please pick a proxy earlyish and have them pm me before any public announcements happen.

Thanks,
sammyluo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:44 pm 
A proxy has reached out to me. If this is not the network, send another proxy to let me know the first one is fake :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:46 pm 
THE GCSN SPEAKS! WE LISTEN!

The network proposes tsims as the lynch target for day 3. tsims, you should defend yourself.

Stalker targets coming soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:08 am 
Dear GCSN,

Your proxy is being terribly unresponsive right now. Please poke them or get someone else to take the shovel from me.

Thanks,

sammyluo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:34 am 
If GCSN proxy does not respond, I suggest either using shovel yourself, returning it to me, or giving to some other player you trust. Idk, I guess I just want to get some results from the gods.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:42 am 
Given the discussion on the "tsims killed lilychen" thread, I don't think I should use the shovel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 am 
And how are we going to know who was sketchy, who was not? Can you explain at least your reasoning?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:09 am 
Waiting on shovel results from the GCSN.

Nastya, what do you mean?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 pm 
From the network:

tsims also shovels as pure mafia. Rip.

Now what?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:41 pm 
Assuming tsims actually was mafia (as opposed to framed + plant-evidenced) does anybody know how he (or a potential conspirator) might have gotten jakob or lilychen's role? I doubt that Lily would have told him her role. What about Jakob?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:36 pm 
GCSN: I passed a message to sammyluo that he claims to have passed on to the network. If you have not received such a message as of this posting, you should be suspicious of sammyluo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:15 pm 
Ok, I just talked to sammyluo about what just has happened and he might not have liked how angry I was (well, he just has to deal with it), and I really want to tell you something.

I am and, I'm sure, other players are frustrated with the lack of communication. You posted your suggestion for lynch very late before the end of the day, and I felt like there was no adequate explanation. There simply was no time for discussion! I didn't even have time to cast a vote. That's plain frustrating!

I know I'm a new player and sometimes it is hard for me to keep track of all the events and think of all the possible options for the events. Yes, that is my fault: I don't know rules as well as some other players do, I sometimes don't read forums as often as other players do. But PLEASE COMMUNICATE more often with other players. The network is a good idea, but other players also want to be part of the conversation. That's why we are playing the game. I want to try to figure things out. I want to use my power effectively and be productive for the game. And if the network is in fact compromised, then there is nothing that would protect the town from eventual death. Please, don't do this to us.

COMMUNICATE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:16 pm 
Sorry for such an angry post, just all the feels.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:31 pm 
If there's one thing to improve on, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post at like 9:00. There's always discussion to do, and we can't do it if we're only told whom to lynch at 10:30. This is almost pessimal timing.