Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:18 pm 
We should probably post dgrazian's role.

Both we the town and we the gcsn are sadly inactive. Some consequences:
-We should by default execute inactive people, since inactive townies help less than active ones. (The mafia may also have inactive players, since there was a no-kill day, which is another reason to target inactive people.)
-The argument that our dictation as provable innocents is better than the discussed opinion of town isn't necessarily true, because we aren't taking the time to reason through things.
-We should, if we do dictate, try to do so earlier in the day, so that if we've missed anything important the rest of town can point it out.

Post subject: Re: Day 5
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:23 pm 
Sammy requests to be added to the innocence den.

I support this, but it's up to you all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:00 pm 
I support this. Increases the chance that the network is compromised, but by not that much (and he already figured out a lot from reading you), and we've been delinquent enough that we need another active player.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 pm 
Sure why not. Saves the proxying time. Also, like I'm pretty sure if this den was going to be corrupted, it's already been blown over.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 pm 
Okay mods, add sammyluo to the innocence den.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:51 pm 
You should PM both us and sammyluo that you're adding him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:37 pm 
Done. So guys. Who do we suggest to lynch?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:49 pm 
I'd be down for Lucy, but I also really agree with town that this is super frustrating. What about lynching sammy :P

Reposting from what achester did a while ago about the jakob/tsims shenanigans:

Quote:
Lucy is mafia.
Lucy's investigator is mafia.
Sammyluo (who shoveled jakob) is mafia.
Plant evidence was used on jakob.
Frame was used on tsims.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:01 pm 
It seems plausible that the den is still uncorrupted, since there haven't been multikill days? (But maybe the mafia are setting several traps so they can go on a killing spree.)

fmajluf7, how much of your posted list is your true suspicions and how much are you trying to manipulate the mafia into not killing people they might hope would be executed soon?

In particular:
-How can you trust ajliu 100% when ajliu hasn't even been in Boston yet?
-If sammyluo is good, then a plant evidence had to have been used on one of jakob and tsims, so dgrazian is definitely bad, so the remaining stalkers (Angela, whoever they are (be sure to tell people before you die!)), Lucy, and sammyluo) are proven good, but Lucy's in your sketch list.
-I'm on the list of people you advocate executing. I suppose if you actually mistrust me it'd explain why the Innocence Den seems so quiet, and if there's actual discussion going on somewhere that's good. (By the way, ltchin and I still need to actually mechanically prove ourselves innocent children.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:08 pm 
Um, not Lucy, because she's now proven good (unless sammyluo is bad and lied about a shovel result).

Given that it seems likely that plant evidence was used on jakob or tsims, I don't think we can get any more information from those shenanigans.

Incidentally, when dgrazian was about to die, nguyenin was someone he proposed switching the execution to, so nguyenin's probably good.

I'd advocate executing someone not likely to be around other players, because they'd have bad alibis. Also, someone inactive. Maybe ajliu, andytsai, or Miranda Gavrin?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 pm 
Sorry, Lucy is proven initially good, but could have been conscripted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:12 pm 
Miranda Gavrin was the person who wanted me to be her investigator proxy but I haven't heard from her so I think she doesn't trust me anymore.

I've seen ajliu and andytsai hanging out but they're pretty inactive, so I'd be in favor of lynching either of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:13 pm 
I shoveled dgrazian. And Lucy could've been conscripted, but I don't support lynching her anymore. I should probably update the sketch list.

I'm sorry, I'll just say it here and whatever. Angela is ajliu.

I think you could've been a great conscript choice, besides the fact that you haven't proved yourself innocent. ltchin proved herself to sammyluo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:15 pm 
Hooray for new forum to take away more of my pset time!

I have a personal trust list that I'd rather not reveal here due to possibility of security breach. For now, I'd advocate for just lynching relatively sketchy players without provable roles (jordanh was what I proposed yesterday, and I don't think dgrazian being willing to switch to her actually says much?).

Regardless, we should reach a tentative decision relatively soon so that defense can happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 pm 
A downside to executing jordanh, brunnerj, Lucy, sashacf, or me is that we're often around each other and likely to continue having good alibis.

Re not having proved myself: I'm a bit annoyed that ltchin and I didn't prove ourselves on day 1 of the innocence den when I was free, but I can prove myself to Lucy when she gets back from Squares (if you trust her enough) or I'll be on campus tomorrow.

Re conscription: note that before the game started I posted "I warn any mafia thinking of conscripting me that I'll be too busy all game to play properly as mafia." (If not for that, I suppose I'd be a good conscription target.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:10 pm 
btw, we really should come up with at least a tentative decision very soon to avoid seeming obnoxiously slow and bureaucratic again. maxmurin messaged me asking me to poke you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:12 pm 
andytsai IMO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 pm 
But he claims GNs with Alex... do you think the probability of them faking is that high?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:17 pm 
I forgot that andytsai claims gay knight (since it wasn't on the original list). I'd say Miranda Gavrin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:19 pm 
I'm fine with that, though would also support Jordan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:21 pm 
I think the sheer number of people we've proposed suggests we're not going to have any strong consensus. I'd weakly prefer one of brunnerj and jordanh over Miranda: jordanh has been very inactive on forums but is voting consistently, and brunnerj, besides reasons posted on town square... I also find sketchy for other reasons that fmajluf7 and I have discussed a little. But I don't have that much reason to prefer any of them over the others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:24 pm 
Let's propose all these possibilities to the town square now to let them start defending themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:27 pm 
We don't want them all to have to role-reveal though, so make it clear that we'll make another announcement by some point in the near future (9:50?) giving 1 firmer suggestion that requires firmer defense.

fmajluf7, you should post some form of this (modify according to how you feel) by 9:30pm if no one else objects.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:33 pm 
OK fine I'll do it. And then finally go do my psets in peace for an hour or so hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 pm 
Er ideas? I'm seriously trying to focus on work right now but can't just let you guys not give any decisions. If no one comments here with a more solid decision by 10:18 I'll just push for Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:20 pm 
shoot we forgot to pick stalks too. I'll do that now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:27 pm 
From Lucy:

"Sashacf was lured to their death

But they survived.

Np Hcope claims someone asked them to lead Sasha away from squares to make a kill but that the person failed to show up. Thought the network should know.

This makes us suspicious of csvoss because she would know hcope via SIPB and could if seen in W20 claim she was on her way to/from the SIPB office

"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 pm 
I think my order of sketchiness is Miranda Gavrin > brunnerj > jordanh, but that's just psychological negatives on the latter two.

If no execution were an option, I think we'd want to use it today, since there've been no kills today and might be no outstanding investigable kills. Clearing out inactive players (which Miranda Gavrin and jordanh but not brunnerj are) seems closest to no execution.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 pm 
The stalking you proposed seems reasonable. (If we execute one of brunnerj and Miranda Gavrin the corresponding stalker should switch to jordanh.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:38 am 
Re: my suspiciousness given that information -- I wasn't in W20 at the time (I was at home), and I haven't seen/talked to hcope in person since, I think, a SIPB meeting last semester.

I didn't manage to log in in time today to switch my vote from the default I picked earlier of jordanh (but at least I managed to pick a default today instead of myself).