Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:17 pm 
I'm starting this thread early on the general principle that we should start talking early, but note that it's guaranteed that a kill will happen (or the game ends to three no-kill days), so there's not likely to be much worth discussing until then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 pm 
Thanks for getting this started early. I do believe there is something to consider: the lack of kills yesterday. Does this indicate that stalking targets were correct? This is a lot more meaningful if we can get a mafia count; I think that now is a good time to do get this count, since it indicates how likely it was that the remaining N mafia were all stalked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:20 pm 
+1 to counting the mafia. Though unless I'm mixing people up, one of the stalked people is the current mayor?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:28 pm 
It'd be good to elect a mayor who'll use the extra votes, too. Maybe Lucy or sashacf, since they're probably good (if not, we'll know in two days when they don't die), and mafia would be more embarrassed to kill them than someone unpoisoned in the mayor's office?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:31 pm 
Yeah, I'd vote for one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 pm 
If we want this done tonight, can one of the EC players run around collecting signatures? I think EC still has 8 living players. If not I can get 5 signatures from et then swing by EC after work. Though this would require two runarounds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:59 pm 
Ok we have 5 signatures. When can people sign? we need to figure out which of us should carry the petition around.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:27 am 
Ok I'm giving it to josh to carry around during the day. non-et players please let us know when you can sign or if you'd be willing to walk around getting signatures. We only need 3 more!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:16 am 
I will be in the lounge in building 10 from 10:30 to 11:00 if someone can take it and sign it then. Otherwise, I won't be able to go anywhere to get signatures until 3:00pm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 am 
The set of people stalked yesterday was {achester, jordanh, Lucy}. Note that Raye Penbar was dgrazian so nastya wasn't actually stalked yesterday.

I find it unlikely that this set contains all the mafia, given Jordan's reported behavior right before lynch yesterday, the fact that Lucy claims poison, etc. A Mafia count could still be worth it though?

(On a different note, I've said this to several different people, but I'm making an effort to not check forums too much today because of real life work, so please poke me if you need me to give input on things.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:46 am 
Lucy may take the petition from me at 2:00 to get the remaining 3 signatures.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:00 pm 
The petition is in w20! If you're around come sign! Or I can swing by EC after getting food

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:40 pm 
I'd be willing to carry the petition around EC if you need me to. I'll be on 2E :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:41 pm 
K be there soon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:48 pm 
At the north entrance. Could someone let me in?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:56 pm 
K the petition is with ajliu on 2E. Please go sign it if you can!

Also post more alibis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:39 pm 
aaaand petition is done! thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:49 pm 
I find it odd that brunnerj was killed considering they were on our sketch list. Mafia could have killed anybody else and we might have still default lynched brunnerj. Makes me think that this was a pretty desperate kill of convenience to avoid the no-3-death rule.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:03 pm 
Ltchin: it could have been a vig kill or a set-a-trap kill also. Perhaps he was involved with the network, which has actually been breached, and he was a set-a-trap kill? If we see a second kill today, both of these are a lot more likely.

Any ideas on who is sketchy for today's kill? Given the alibis so far, sammyluo, Lucy, and I were all closeby around the time of the kill; Lucy and I both interacted with brunnerj right before/after his death. Once we get a new mayor, we can see how much stalking affects the game, for example.

Additionally, who should be the new mayor? Perhaps it should be one of the poisoned people, since if they were lying, we can lynch them day 8.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:08 pm 
Elect Lucy; I'm going to be at ring delivery from 19-23 tonight so I won't be able to do stuff tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:13 pm 
I would've weakly preferred electing Sasha because Lucy has a higher conscription probability /is IMO more likely to fake claim poison, but given Sasha's post above electing Lucy is fine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm 
I think we should elect a Mayor and get a Mafia count ASAP.

Did Daniel Grazian being Mafia compromise the security of the GCSN?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:54 pm 
I wasn't near the scene of the crime. I met him outside w20, he gave me the petition, then he went to class and I went to get food. I believe I posted that I was in w20 probably around the time of the kill.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 pm 
Ok there is a petition for Lucy and sashacf with 4 signatures on each. I can get it to EC later today if someone lets me in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:05 pm 
From the network:

We suggest lynching either Miranda Gavrin or maxmurin. Defenses, please.

Also, the network endorses Lucy for mayor.

Stalk targets coming at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 pm 
Hmm, yeah, I seem super sketchy. I'm not sure what to say about my defense, other than that I've been fairly active. Today, I was kind of in the wrong place at the wrong time, I think. Given my alibis for days other than today, it would have been pretty hard for me to make any kills, since the only kill fairly close to me other than today was on a day I was stalked.

I've told my role to sammyluo, who seems to trust me.